Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

J. Stewart
This post was updated on .
Is there any thoughts about Hector Palma Salazar`s release from US prison later this summer? As I can figure out from www he is around 70 years old by now.

As I understand it Hector Palma was a big deal in CDS (co-funder and mentor for El Chapo?) before his capture and extradition. He is supposed to not have been cooperative with any government during his sentense.

Is Mr. Palma Salazar believed to get back in business after his release or what do you think? Is it even possible after 20+ years away from the scene? Will he be taken care of by El Mayo or Rafa Caro or has he still his "own" part of CDS left to work with? The landscape of drugbusiness have changed a lot during these years ofcourse.
It really seems that CDS, atleast El Chapos part, is under heavy challenge in the whole of western Mexico and maybe Palma Salazar can steer some things up?

Is all old scores settled with his wife and childrens murderer/s? Otherwise I suspect he has some business to take care of when he comes out. Or maybe he turned to christianity for real in the Coloradoprison after all.

Feel free to fill in with your thoughts and experience about this matter and the possible outcome of Mr. Palma Salazar`s release and/or what you think he is going to do as a free man.
Maybe all questions is naive but I`m not really familiar with how things work in most aspects regarding narcorelated stuff in Mexico. But interested about it enough to place a few questions here and there and try to get a picture how it all connects (politics, social lifes of ordinary mexicans, drugs and crimes).

Regards, J. Stewart

Re: Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

J. Stewart
This post was updated on .
Edit: I was to forthcoming.

Re: Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

I will leave it.I'm sure someone will read it [maybe not today] and reply.It is a good subject in my opinion and very open to speculation.I have seen posts where there's 1 reply every 3 days and jumps to the top again and again so don't think that there isn't any interest.I'm sure there is but maybe not the thoughts yet for posting.

Re: Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

J. Stewart
OK, let`s leave it open and see. Thanks, Canadiana!

Re: Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

NorCal

Re: Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

J. Stewart
Yes, it`s interesting to see what El Guero will do when he walks out from prison. The first years in prison he served in Mexican jail if I understood it right, and then extradited to US supermax for well over 10 years with zero contact with the outher world. I suppose his time in Mexican jail was easier on him if you compare with US supermax. I don`t mean that Mexican prison is a walk in the park but sure El Guero would have some respect, money and influence, at least at that time.

I wonder if anyone can be somewhat sane after that..maybe he will carry a prison "inside the head" of him for the rest of his life? Maybe he was not the cuddliest uncle to start with, but..

It seems that El Guero didn`t say anything during his imprisonment and that is rare, I think. It seems that El Guero and Mochomo has the same attitude about not talking. Has Juan Abrego the same sort of "old-time-moral"? And is that the same for Miguel Félix Gallardo as well?

Re: Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

Guero palmas M16

Re: Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

J. Stewart
That is a nice piece of weapon!

"El Güero" Palma será deportado a México el sábado

Chava

Re: Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

Cuidado
Damn sick...that would be a great skin for counterstrike go m4 lol.

Re: "El Güero" Palma será deportado a México el sábado

J. Stewart
Thanks for updating, Chava!
So after 12 years in Mexico and 9 years in US he is released for good behaviour. Well, I find it hard NOT to have a good behaviour in a supermax prison, without nearly no human contacts.. But nice to see that both US and Mexican governments agree that El Guero now is rehabilitated and fit to insert in a normal society again..
Like some of the commentaries in that link provided; It`s a charade and a smokescreen behind the whole case, no matter what country he is held in. Like many other bosses. I wonder what kind of sentence any of us would have got for doing 1/100 of what Mr. Palma was accused for?

Re: Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

I am curious too.  What happens to this guy?  It's not like he has a wife or kids running business.  Can't just land in Mexico City and call 800-CDS-JOIN.  The contacts dry up in US prison, call are monitored, etc...  We all think these dudes are loaded with bank accounts, but will this guy have a pot to piss in?

Re: "El Güero" Palma será deportado a México el sábado

USP Atwater is not a 'supermax'. While most of it is designated high-security and it houses some of the most dangerous prisoners in the federal system, most inmates have similar contact with one another and CO's that you would expect in a prison.

The only prison in the US federal system designated as 'supermax' is ADX Florence in Colorado.

I live near Pelican Bay SP and my next door neighbor is a CO there. It is considered a state 'supermax' with half of the inmates houses in 8' x 10' secure housing units [SHU's] which are windowless concrete cells lit by fluorescent light where they have little interaction with other prisoners, but they still have contact and are let out into the pod for a few hours a day.

Re: "El Güero" Palma será deportado a México el sábado

J. Stewart
This post was updated on .
Aha...Thanks for clearing that up, Siskiyou_Kid!
I didn`t separate the federal and state version of 'supermax' before.

And now I´m even more curious why "El Guero" wasn`t sent to ADX Florence? He woul`d sertainly have the CV for it, right? But I suppose the deal for extradition was made in such terms that he was sure not to set foot in the absolute hardest prison there is. Or maybe they (US) even couldn`t place him in ADX because he had some dirty things to reveal if he was put there.
Is that what is called a 'Devil`s deal'; if the justicesystem is protecting some parts of their work in favour for the alleged criminal?

@Mica:  800-CDS-JOIN! That is an unexploited channel for cartels to recruite new meat to their line of work. "Press 1 for halcones, press 2 for farming..."

Re: "El Güero" Palma será deportado a México el sábado

guasa_001
Does he have charges pending in Mexico ?

Re: "El Güero" Palma será deportado a México el sábado

J. Stewart
It doesn`t look that way. But in the link provided from Chava some posts up its mentioned in textform like this:
“Estamos revisando de manera exhaustiva en todas las procuradurías del país y en las delegaciones de la PGR sobre este caso”.

So it seems like they looking if it`s possible to bring up some old cases that can stick on him.

Re: "El Güero" Palma será deportado a México el sábado

Chava

Re: "El Güero" Palma será deportado a México el sábado

Mica
Only 55, he's got a lot of fight left.

Re: Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

1966tinman
Guero Palma had a brother named Luis Valerio who was killed by an armed commando of sicarios  in Guamùchil about six years ago  . I don't think Hector can "retire "  completely since his family is still very much involved in the "business "  . I use to attend the university  in Monterrey in the late 80's where I studied  international economics . There I met a female relative of the Palmas from the state of  Nayarit  . She never discussed her family's role in anything to do with the narco trade . I only knew that she came from a wealthy family from Nayarit  that was involved in the construction and seafood export business . We have remained friends and have visited each other's homes on a few occasions .  She now lives in Barcelona , España and still has a home  in the New England area .

Re: Release of H. Palma Salazar summer 2016?

Siskiyou_Kid
I have been curious about the attack on Luis Valerio "El Alacran" Palma in Guamuchil. In various news reports, one of the victims, who were fired on with at least 250 AK and AR rounds, was identified as El Guero's brother Luis Cuauhtemoc Palma, who was called "El Vale".

It seems they may be one and the same, but it is confusing. Luis Cuauhtemoc Palma has a daughter who was a girlfriend of "El Jabali" Vazquez Villagrana, a boss for CDS in Northern Sonora, and her mother Cinthia Romero Verdugo was identified by a kidnapper as a close associate of Chapo Guzman, and had ordered the kidnapping of her brother-in-law, identified as Cuauhtemoc Palma Salazar, a violent man who had tortured her children.

So is Luis Cuauhtemoc her husband or brother-in-law? It's confusing.

By the way, since his reported death 10 years ago in Guamuchil, Luis Cuauhtemoc Palma is still one of the DEA's wanted in California.