Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Bjeff

Supposedly a conversation between Chiricuas and Wero Clefoas. Can anyone confirm?

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Ed-Oak

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Kozmoz
After many misleading articles by Breitbart, I find myself difficult to believe anything they publish.

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Bjeff
Ed Oak: That Breitbart article is copied from various Mexican sites.

From what I found out, this was the first posting of the audio:
https://www.facebook.com/934686083217138/videos/1084938984858513

But I am more interested in the content and authenticity. Anyone?

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Ed-Oak

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Bjeff
Thanks Ed Oak. I am not so fluent in Spanish yet that I understand phone conversations, so this is good help.

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Bjeff

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Breitbart is not only a dirty racist rag, they steal info and news and claim it is theirs.  including ours.

I was sent this on the 21st.

it is from Río Bravo Zona De Peligro for sure or at least that is what was sent to me.

https://www.facebook.com/934686083217138/videos/vb.934686083217138/1084938984858513/?type=2&theater

We didn't do anything with it because I wasn't sure how  authentic it was.  but BB MB readers in Tamps say it is .

here is part of the email sent to me:

"Chivis on the Facebook page of “Río Bravo Zona De Peligro”.  is a radio frequencies audio  between commanders of the CDG (Metros) apparently it is Chiricuas and Wero Celofas and el Chiricuas says that Zetas are already back in Cuidad Mier, and they are going to detonate car bombs in vehicles of Fuerza Tamaulipas because of the heavy hits against metros in reynosa"

Poor Mier, if Zs are going to engage cdg over the city again remember last time the entire city were told to get out or die.

I am wondering if it should go up on MB to see what comments and info comes in from it.

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Bjeff
I agree on the Breitbart opinion of yours, and I have been lucky lately looking for the original sources, so I'll think thrice before posting from them.

However, my view is that the reason for BB (and for my engagement) is to get attention on the situation in Mexico out to the rest of the world, and if all news sites, no matter what political color, copy/steal/make stories on their own, it benefits the cause. Normally I have the greatest respect for copyrights for reporters and photographers, but the Mexico situation trumps (not in a Donald kind of way) copyrights.

Interesting about Mier, I was hoping zetas were disintegrating, but there seems to be some level of renewed organization going on. Somebody has been taking charge.

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Benefit the cause??  a little corruption, stealing, lying here and there doesn't count, eh?

Never give an excuse or pass on maintaining integrity.  we do a bang up job and it is why so many in and out of mx respect our work.

There is no excuse for stealing work.  period.  Tolerating it is to spit in the face of those who place their well-being in jeopardy, to inform people of what is happening in Mx.  Next time you think it is ok, think of them.  like nena of laredo's decapitated head on her laptop in the laredo round about.

Besides thieves often get it wrong.  There is enough quality reporting to draw on and give credit to then to have to stoop to BDN/Breitbart gutter.

ok off the soap box and finish unpacking and to bed...

i got a text back and most likely this story will go on mainboard.  there is much more so it is a lot of work but maybe he can condense it.

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Bjeff
Well, I get what you are saying, and corruption, lying and stealing in the form of presenting something as your own work is a no go of course. But where copying ends and stealing begins is a never ending topic for discussion when it comes to copyright laws and the media industry. I gotta admit that what I have been doing on BB, most of the time copying stories I come across, even though I list sources, it would not fly in a normal publishing situation. However, there is nothing normal about the situation in Mexico nowadays so I argue that getting the info and news out is more important than protection property rights.

Everything we do in our societies are based on an empiric approach so it is part copying the work of others, rewriting it, correcting it and adding other sources to make sense when communicating. So where do you draw the line between too much source copying and your own creation? That question will keep the courts busy for at least the next 200 years I bet.

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Lucio finally put it up.

BTW Breitbart is taking credit for the manta "after OUR report CDG answered"

who are these people

I called them out on it replying to their tweet, they probably will get pissed and block me.  I will wear it as a badge of honor.

@DrugWarAnalyst @BreitbartTexas It was “Río Bravo Zona De Peligro”. report on the 21st well before Breitbart  #keepingItReal

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Bjeff
Thank you for putting it on MB.

It seems like it is Ildefonso Ortiz covering most of these stories. Wonder what journalism school he went to, he seems to have forgotten source listing 101.

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

what kills me is people north of the border don't know any difference.  Breitbart leads in with the "can't use names because they would be killed"

true...but it is BS about the secret sources, , their sources are narco bloggers.  then to take credit for CDG reacting to THEIR story about the recording just did it for me.

Racism is threaded through their posts.  Have you ever read the comments?  I did on 4 of the posts and its all about wetbacks, "illegals", beaners and worse.    One article was about chapo's "anchor babies.  I thi nk it was about the twins.  Emma is an american with dual citizenship as her mom so the babies are thrid generation "anchor".  jeeze I am second generation anchor.

How anyone with a moral compass can follow that POS column is beyond me.

True story:

Someone sent me a link to a story I thought was to a popular newspaper in Texas.  I read it too fast.  anyway they sent it because it was not only  rip off to a post Lucio posted about chapo's baby mama, but word for word republished text and no source credit.  Lucio and also Otis writes and posts original work from time to time.  So this article then questions if or if not deputy sanchez really visited chapo and questioning if she really is chapo's baby mama.

one thing I know is all the reporters look for second and third sources or will flat out say something is being speculated or alleged.  I am really proud of our reporters.

So I took a look at the article and was surprised and pissed that this Texas newspaper did not just say Lucio or BB as the source. They also said " Ms Sanchez has flatly denied she visited Chapo.

 I have a good relationship with them and their star reporter who I thought wrote the article.    I wrote to him and asked why BB was not named and then said something like "FYI the post was published after the investigation of PGR and the declaration of same by Chapo's atty who confirmed he was with
Sanchez on at least two visits and is the man in the security camera with her at the prison.

He wrote back and said it wasn't him and he did not think it was their newspaper.  He thought it may be Brietbart.  I wrote back saying "Jeeze, no wonder, I don't read their stuff because it is exaggerations and fabrications."    he laughed and said "ortiz will be upset to hear you say that"

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Siskiyou_Kid
Breitbart is unbelievable with their racist alien invasion crap.

I don't mind their partisan political stories or their endless obsession with Bhengazi, but their coverage of news reports about the border and Mexico are part of an ugly agenda.

Stealing stories on top of their other garbage is the icing on the cake.

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

jajaja breitbart editor wrote back

@Borderland_Beat . Los Metros responded after we pushed it out to our 23 million readers. #KeepingItReal
4:12 PM - 30 Oct 2015 · Details

is that hilarious?  I wrote back that it is unlikely since they were 6 days late and in english.  I also said it is more likely that they read it in spanish on Rio Bravo.  I also said the manta went up after many had posted the story.

I should of said I did not see breitbart named as an addressee

I also offered my email addy

isn't all telling he has to say 23 million readers?  for sure not the narco section.  he even stole my hashtag #keeping itreal  :)

I wonder how anyone can believe the manta was because of them?  really?  I would not ever be so silly as to think a reaction would be because of BB.  But more so us than them.

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

I think we need to keep it real in their twitter and comments on posts.

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

BTW kid...

I am interviewing grillo about his new book.  I told him I would rather wait until I can read it but he is encouraging before.

what do you think?  is it possible to have a good interview and review about something one hasn't read?  I am not sure.  I am sure I will love his book, I think he is an amazing journalist, loved his first book and I respect the hell out of the guy.  He is not full of himself.  He has been very generous with compliments to BB and our readers because of their knowledgeable comments.

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

Siskiyou_Kid
That is a tough one. I really like Grillo's reporting and I preordered the book from Amazon as soon as I saw it. El Narco was a really good synopsis of Mexican narco history.

Still, I think presale blurbs give enough of an idea of where he's going to ask some relevant questions about what he thinks about crime in Latin America.

Re: Recorded Gulf Cartel Phone Call (Spanish)

I will talk to him then.  maybe I can get a greater amount of it to read.

Have you ever seen the interview he did in england about 6 mos ago?  it was so good.  I think it was an hour or so.  But he gives an overview of his journey into narco journalism and how ways he learned to acquire information.

if you did not see it I will ask him for the link.  I think you will like it and it is worth the time spent viewing it