Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

CJNG isn't anywhere near CDS in the national scale, but I assume, they are believed to be gaining. San Diego is getting split up into two, as Tijuana does the same.  I am always interested in the fact they cite Beltran-Leyva as having just the smallest footprint in Tijuana and San Diego, but no one from that group has been ever caught on either side, ever.  Though, I did read an indictment tied to the Chicago case of that corrupt Mexican official, about a group of traffickers formerly with Beltran-Leyva's, who were moving product through Tijuana.

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

elgordo
On the dea report on main board states he is linked to the mayo Chapo CDS not BLO I wonder how real that is but kind of weird how Damaso still considered CDS when it's been said he aligned with CJNG

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

Right, I imagine there is some conflicting intelligence, dissent among agencies and so on, and some of this is prepared for public consumption, and not investigations. I am sure in depth reports on Sinaloa would indicate Los Damasos had broken off, some of these reports were prepared more than a year ago, I would think.

Also, read the DOJ press release on El Cadete, if you want to know where I am basing my thoughts....though yes, Deelucky1, has said that before, I believe.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdca/pr/drug-cartel-leader-arrested

This joint Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) investigation targeted the leadership elements, lieutenants, associates, and money launderers connected with the Rafael Caro-Quintero (RCQ) DTO and Beltran Leyva Organization (BLO).

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

The Veytia story is classic. I find it especially interesting, considering we used to go to Nayarit a lot when I was a kid and stay in Tepic on our way to the beach.

It does seem like the Beltran Leyvas and the cells that used to work for them concentrate on open territories, like Colorado, Washington State, and the South, and cross in Sonora and Nuevo Leon, rather than Baja. Even the meth and Coke going up I-5 in the case tied to Mochomo was coming from Arizona, presumably via Sonora.

It's been said that the CJNG group grew powerful and wealthy by avoiding the US and making far greater profits in Europe, Oceania, and Asia. However, according to an Animal Politico article Mencho and Abigail Gonzalez secured their assent after the death of Nacho Coronel, the capture of top Valencia leaders and the Millenio split, with resources they had accumulated by moving coke supplied by the Colombian FARC and shipping it to ten key cities, including San Diego, LA, and Seattle. It also says they ship their coke/meth/heroin to Canada for the domestic market, as well as for transshipment to Asia and Oceania.

Now they have the resources to take over much of Mexico and expand rapidly across the US.

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

I still remember that Beltran-Leyva indictment from 2012 in Seattle area, a heroin/cocaine/meth ring operating for a few years, which I believe is the case you are talking about, with weapons going south too, and one of the cell leaders fathers was related to Mochomo.

I need to read that complaint again.

Yeah, CJNG is in Tijuana and moving on San Diego, aggressively, though it is not an important plaza in terms of distribution.

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

Siskiyou_Kid
I love the way this Seattle Weekly article refers to the 'stellar drug war reporters at Borderland Beat' and includes a copy of the indictment I believe you're speaking of. The Berrelleza Verduzco brothers from Sinaloa who worked for the Beltran Leyvas through their father, .

However, the Mochomo indictment only included one specific act to back up a years-long conspiracy charge. This was a 2010 seizure in Centralia, WA related to Chapo Isidro and his uncles; Panfilo and Agustin Flores Apodaca. Ironically it occurred in 2010, years after Alfredo Beltran's arrest.

I love the story from the confidential informant [CI-3] mentioned in the Flores Apodaca indictment:

CI-3 met with Agustin and Chapo Isidro to arrange the shipment of 2,800

kilograms of marijuana via Nogales to the United States. Prior to the shipment,

Agustin escorted CI-3 to Chapo Isidro’s ranch, “where there were approximately 300 gunmen

present, armed with automatic rifles, grenades and rocket propelled grenades.” After

Chapo Isidro approved the transaction, the marijuana shipment was sent to Nogales for transport

by another confidential informant (“CI-4”), who was “unable to cross the drugs into the United

States.”  About thirty days later, the Mexican Army seized the marijuana in Nogales.

       As a result of this seizure, Chapo Isidro, Agustin, and Panfilo held CI-3, CI-4, and a third

informant, (“CI-5”), responsible for paying off the debt for the seized marijuana, and Agustin

and Panfilo allegedly tried to take control of CI-3’s properties as part of the debt repayment.

In October 2011, Agustin allegedly sent armed gunmen to CI-3’s business in Bamoa, where CI-3

was kidnapped for a total of nineteen days until CI-5 paid USD $200,000 in cash and properties,

with an understanding to pay the rest of the debt later. Id. During his kidnapping ordeal, CI-3

was held at a camp where he“saw the bodies of young men who and been tortured and murdered

lying about the camp,”
 and other captives, who “had their legs broken so that they could not

escape.”

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2017/03/blo-alfredo-mochomo-beltran-leyva-to-be.html

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/4419776/united-states-v-apodaca/

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

Love that Chapo Isidro story too.....first time reading it.

This is the complaint I remember, the "good" one.

https://www.scribd.com/document/87404449/Seattle-Drug-Bust-Search-Warrant

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

Siskiyou_Kid
Oh, right I remember reading this here on forum and being impressed with how busy these guys were.

It was hilarious when one of them got a new cell phone and announced the new number on his old phone, so the feds knew before he even switched.

I have some close friends in the area who are Mexican and they don't have anything to do with illegal drugs, but I remember talking about this case because it was big news in the Puget Sound area.

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

Yeah, we have been on here for a long time. That was 5 years ago.  I wonder when they get Chapo Isidro, they have less of a line on him, it seems, though the DOJ has been unraveling CDS for a few years now.  Isidro is one of the last men standing in that circle, Chapo Trini is done, El Cadete is done, El H is done, Alfredo is done, Arturo is dead, Carlos is locked, El H2 and H3 are dead, Dos Mil is captured.

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

Siskiyou_Kid
Yeah, and not to mention Chapo Isidro's uncles. It's crazy the way the federales tortured his uncle so severely before he was extradited to the US that Agustin Flores he was permanently lost the use of one of his eyes.

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

el Jesse James
Not to mention mochomito also finished. What about Dos Letras? BLO as a whole really does seem to be on their last leg. I'm pretty sure there's still some Carrillos out and about tho.. but IMO CDS is the main player and almost last group standing in Sinaloa. I'd love to see what RCQ is up to at this very moment however..with his (supposed) co-conspirators Mochomito and Lic/Mini Lic, Cadete etc all fallen..

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

understood...looks like we piled on, sorry

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

180 pages no one will read it except me... :)

I am editing subjects of interest to BB readers and publishing those on main page.  I began yesterday.  that little post took hours...

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

everyone is looking at the DEA referencing RCQ to sinaloa.  and some noting the alliance to mencho.  I think it is far more complicated than just his still being with sinaloa with unusual alliances with sinaloa with rcq and mayo or rcq alone.