Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

elgordo
This post was updated on .
http://m.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2017/10/31/1198216

Caro Quintero, 'narco de narcos', leads the Cartel of the Pacific

Author: Laura Sánchez Ley / Vice México

MEXICO CITY

Veteran boss Rafael Caro Quintero, the narco de narcos founder of the Guadalajara Cartel who spent 28 years in prison and was released just four years ago, took control of the Pacific Cartel, according to the United States Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA, by its acronym in English).

The report published just a few days ago by the US authorities places him again as one of the heads of the most powerful drug trafficking organization in the world.

The document reveals that Caro Quintero and Ismael, El Mayo, Zambada, the drug trafficker most wanted by the Mexican authorities, maintain control of the Sinaloan organization, a splinter of the Guadalajara cartel.

Leaders of the Pacific Cartel operating under the wing of Joaquín Guzmán Loera, Ismael Zambada García and Rafael Caro Quintero maintain cell leaders in Phoenix, Arizona, to oversee the distribution of illegal drugs in the region, "the report said.

He says that the heads of the organization -including Caro Quintero- coordinate the transport of illegal drugs that depart from Phoenix, Arizona, to several cities in the United States.

In the report called National Drug Threat Assessment they even place Caro Quintero back in the organization chart of the Pacific Cartel, along with El Mayo Zambada and the imprisoned capos Joaquín, El Chapo, Guzmán and Dámaso López, El Licenciado.

Caro Quintero spent 28 years in prison for the kidnapping and murder of Enrique Camarena, a DEA agent who was investigating the cartel's operations.

In February 1985 Camarena and a pilot named Alfredo Zavala were tortured and beaten to death. That same year Caro Quintero was arrested in Costa Rica.

In August 2013 he was released - with a series of arrest warrants pending after his pre-release for a legal technicality - and Caro Quintero told the Proceso review that he would have to take refuge in the sierra of the northern state of Pacífico, where he grew up.

He also founder of the Guadalajara Cartel said that since his release, he was a fugitive with the help of people who lived in the mountains and two gunmen who took care of him.

Since then various media had handled information that showed that as soon as he was released from prison, Caro Quintero returned to his role in the organization of drug trafficking.

Everything is false, they are lies, "Caro Quintero replied at the time to the Mexican magazine." I stopped being a drug trafficker in 1984 and I will never be again. I do not want anything to do with drug trafficking. "

Although the version of his return to the drug business, is confirmed to this day, with the report declassified by the United States authorities.

You can read the full note in

* This content is published with authorization from Vice México.

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

I posted on main board in response, according to the charges and investigation into Emilio Quintero, Cadete, Caro Quintero is  the head of a group that works with the Beltran-Leyva's and not the Mayo Zambada branch of Sinaloa, as Cadete flipped from Mayo Zambada team to Caro's after Caro got out in 2013.

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

Do you think they (meaning DEA) might be closing in on Caro J?What 's your take on things?

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

I think Cadete knows a lot, and seeing as he has turned himself in, and will definitely be cooperating, and has the most knowledge about Caro and his movements, assets, status.  I don't know about closing in, but they must really want him, after the way he walked out in August 2013.

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

el Jesse James
I think dee(and J) are/were right. Caro was working with BLO and mingled a bit with Esparragoza also, insightcrime said RCQ was found connected with the financial networks of Azul in Jalisco. But IMO RCQ didn't necessarily link up or coordinate with Mayos/Chapos..

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

ToPHeR
I miss Dee. He still around?

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

BBfollower
J, you're saying that the information from the DEA is wrong?

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

at least google or another translator or do not post.  got it?

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

BTW excelsior is not that reliable.  I use them with caution and other supporting material, i see it is from VICE mexico.  I will check with a DEA source.

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

You are so right J.

I read carefully the wording in all government documents and tried to get a feel from the chapo camp.  Their response "as always, right?" in replying to "looks like he is getting something BIG"

I am trying to get facts together.  but this is much different than Mini Lic.  Cadete is being treated very nicely.  and protection over and beyond.  and it appears he may get bail at some point and favorable sentencing..I mean like almost nothing.  I think he is going into WP.  It is very very interesting.  I ask myself what is in the snitch bag he is holding.  I am guessing 3 big names.

RCQ is VERY, VERY wealthy from investments during his time in prison.  Mencho protected his land assets while RCQ was in prison

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

elgordo
Sorry chivis I usually translate on Google just waa driving all day so that's why I did that won't happen again

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

oh ...ok understood, it just seems people are more and more adding links..have a great day

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

elgordo
I get what you're saying thanks tho chivis n you have a good one aswell

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

elgordo
Here's a little something aswell coming from el Diario this morning

Rafael Caro Quintero was identified by the US anti-drug administration as one of the leaders of the Sinaloa Cartel, a group that disputes this position with Juarez and Jalisco Nueva Generación.

According to the national report drawn up last October by the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Caro Quintero shares the leadership of this organization with Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán Loera (detainee). Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada García, who is still free.

"The leaders of the Sinaloa Cartel operating under the wing of Joaquín Guzmán Loera, Ismael Zambada García and Rafael Caro Quintero maintain cell leaders in Phoenix, Arizona, to oversee the distribution of illegal drugs in the region," says the report, which attributes to this group a total control over the Sonora border.

"The heads of cells also coordinate the transportation of illegal drugs from Phoenix to several of the cities in the United States," the text, published annually by the DEA

The same document establishes that in this 2017 there is a greater presence of the Jalisco Nueva Generación Cartel (CJNG) on this border, whose activity in Juarez was reported by this North American dependency since 2016.

"CJNG traffics illicit drugs to the United States for access to several corridors along the southwest border, which includes Tijuana, Juarez and Nuevo Laredo," the document says.

"The rapid expansion of its drug trafficking activities is characterized by the organization's willingness to enter into violent confrontations with Mexican security corporations and rival cartels. CJNG has distribution centers in Los Angeles, New York and Atlanta, "he adds.

Caro Quintero, Sinaloan and one of the founders of the extinct Cartel of Guadalajara, was arrested in 1985 for the murder of the anti-drug agent Enrique Camarena Salazar, and released in August 2013 for what the Judicial Branch of the Federation considered a procedural error.

Three years later, the former State Attorney of Chihuahua, Jorge González Nicolás, warned that the legendary capo could be "invading" this entity, where the Sinaloa and Juárez cartels have been operating for years.

"The possibility of an invasion by Chihuahua of one of the best-known drug traffickers in the country, Rafael Caro Quintero, has been established," González Nicolás said in July 2016.

"We have information that he intends to come here to dispute with the Sinaloa Cartel part of the actions that they criminally carry out," the official added.

The drug trafficker, in turn, responded to the ex-mayor's comment in an interview with Proceso magazine, to which he said he was not participating in any war.

"The only thing I'm looking for is peace," Caro Quintero told Proceso on July 1, 2016.

Both what you took (Process, in relation to the alleged war with the cartel), as the prosecutor of Chihuahua or the general, is false, they are lies. Time will give me reason, "he added.

Three groups in Juárez

In addition to the CJNG and the Sinaloa, the DEA warns that the Juarez Cartel still smuggles several hundred kilos of cocaine and tons of marijuana through this border on a monthly basis, as well as the Palomas-Columbus border, and east of the border. entity, in Ojinaga-Presidio.

"Even though it is not as expansive as its rival, the Sinaloa Cartel, the Juarez Cartel continues to impact the drug user market primarily in El Paso, Denver, Chicago and Oklahoma City," the report says.

"The Juarez Cartel deals mainly with marijuana and cocaine, although recently it has expanded to the distribution of heroin and methamphetamine in the United States. Recent reports indicate that opium cultivation supervised by the Juárez Cartel has increased significantly in the state of Chihuahua since 2013, surpassing the cultivation of marijuana in some regions, "the text adds.

As it did from its 2016 report, the DEA identifies Carlos Arturo Quintana Quintana, alias "El 80", as well as Julio César Olivas Torres, alias "Sexto", and Jesús Salas Aguayo, alias as leaders of this organization based in Chihuahua. Chuyin and already arrested.

The criminal activities of Quintana Quintana came to light last year, when today Governor Javier Corral Jurado, in an election campaign, reported that he had received threats from the alleged drug trafficker. (Staff / El Diario)

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

elgordo
Just translated it sorry once again chivis and Canadian n the rest was up and down all day yesterday driving and thought it was interesting read and tried seeing if someone had time to translate once again my apologies but good input though thanks u guys

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

Thanks I see you posted the story and in English.We are not just picking on you,it's just lately there has been several attempts with links only with others and if you haven't posted for some time it's easy to forget if there isn't numerous 'warnings'.We like to keep the warnings to a minimum (like to the newbies)so we can read more on Mexican crime.

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

elgordo
Ya I get it totally feel u thanks

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

The Vice story simply quotes a quick blurb from the 2017 National Drug Threat Assessment issued by the DEA. They identify Mexican cartels as the biggest drug threat in the United States, and point to CDS as having the largest distribution footprint, while CJNG is growing rapidly. The quick mention of RCQ is in the section outlining CDS:

Sinaloa Cartel – The Sinaloa Cartel is one of the oldest and more established drug trafficking organizations in Mexico. Though its birthplace and stronghold is the Mexican State of Sinaloa, the Sinaloa Cartel controls drug trafficking activity in various regions in Mexico, particularly along the Pacific Coast. Additionally, it maintains the most expansive international footprint compared to other Mexican TCOs. The Sinaloa Cartel exports and distributes wholesale amounts of methamphetamine, marijuana, cocaine, and heroin in the United States by maintaining distribution hubs in cities that include Phoenix, Los Angeles, Denver, and Chicago. Illicit drugs distributed by the Sinaloa Cartel are primarily smuggled into the United States through crossing points located along Mexico’s border with California, Arizona, New Mexico, and west Texas. • Sinaloa Cartel leaders operating under the wing of Joaquin Guzman-Loera, Ismael Zambada Garcia, and Rafael Caro-Quintero maintain cell heads in Phoenix, Arizona to oversee the distribution of illegal drugs in the region.1 Cell heads also coordinate the transportation of illegal drugs from Phoenix to various U.S. cities where cell heads are responsible for receiving and distributing the shipments in each city.

https://www.dea.gov/docs/DIR-040-17_2017-NDTA.pdf

Re: Rafa Caro Quintero head of Sinaloa cartel according too DEA

October 23, 2017
Contact: DEA Public Affairs
(202) 307-7977
DEA releases 2017 National Drug Threat Assessment
Prescription opioid abuse poses deadly threat

(WASHINGTON) – DEA Acting Administrator Robert Patterson today announced results of the 2017 National Drug Threat Assessment (NDTA), which outlines the threats posed to the United States by domestic and international drug trafficking and the abuse of illicit drugs.

“This report underscores the scope and magnitude of the ongoing opioid crisis in the United States,” said Acting Administrator Patterson. “The information in the report represents data gathered over the past year, but of critical importance is the real time information we get every day from our partners. It has never been a more important time to use all the tools at our disposal to fight this epidemic, and we must remain steadfast in our mission to combat all dangerous drugs of abuse.”

Over the past 10 years, the drug landscape in the United States has shifted, with the opioid threat – including controlled prescription drugs (CPDs), fentanyl and other synthetic opioids, and heroin – reaching epidemic levels and impacting significant portions of the United States. While the current opioid crisis has received significant attention, other drugs of abuse remain prevalent. These include methamphetamine, cocaine, new psychoactive substances (NPS), and marijuana. In addition, drug poisoning deaths are the leading cause of injury death in the United States; they are currently at their highest ever recorded level and, every year since 2011, have outnumbered deaths by firearms, motor vehicle crashes, suicide, and homicide.

2017 NDTA findings of note:

    CPDs have been linked to the largest number of overdose deaths of any illicit drug class since 2001. Although abuse has lessened in some areas, CPDs are still used by more people than cocaine, heroin, MDMA, methamphetamine, and PCP combined.

    Heroin poses a serious public health and safety threat to the United States. Overdose deaths, already at high levels, continue to rise. The increased mixing of heroin with analogues of the highly-potent synthetic opioid fentanyl and other synthetic opioids has exacerbated this situation.

    Fentanyl is increasingly mixed with diluents and sold as heroin, often with no heroin present in the product. Fentanyl also continues to be made more widely available in the form of counterfeit prescription pills marketed for illicit street sales.

    The methamphetamine threat has remained prevalent. Inbound seizures of methamphetamine from Mexico have increased every year since 2010, but domestic production has declined.

    The cocaine threat continues to rebound. Cocaine availability and use have increased significantly, partially due to record increases in coca cultivation and cocaine production in Colombia, the primary source for the cocaine market in the United States.

    NPS, manmade products that mimic the effects of controlled substances, continue to be a challenge. The NPS most commonly abused in the United States include synthetic cannabinoids and cathinones, which are available from China and packaged into a variety of forms domestically. Traffickers continue to modify NPS’ chemical formulas to create new substances to circumvent regulations and expand their market.

    Marijuana production in the United States has increased and the national discussion surrounding marijuana enforcement efforts continues to evolve. User demand for concentrated forms of marijuana has continued.

    Mexican cartels remain the greatest criminal drug threat in the United States. The cartels are the principal wholesale drug sources for domestic gangs responsible for street-level distribution. The Sinaloa Cartel maintains the most expansive footprint in the United States while the Jalisco New Generation Cartel has increased its presence across the United States.

The National Drug Threat Assessment provides a yearly assessment of the many challenges local communities face related to drug abuse and drug trafficking. Highlights in the report include usage and trafficking trends for drugs such as prescription drugs, heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, marijuana, and the hundreds of synthetic drugs.

The assessment factors in information from many data sources such as drug seizures, drug purity, laboratory analyses, information on the involvement of organized criminal groups, and survey data provided to DEA by 5,155 state and local law enforcement agencies across the country.

The National Drug Threat Assessment can be accessed at https://www.dea.gov/docs/DIR-040-17_2017-NDTA.pdf.