Questions

sqkdra
Hi,

I'm a student from Europe. For my test, I decided to work on the drug trafficking in Mexico because I really appreciate this country and also because I follow the evolution of the situation since a few years. I don't know if I have to post them here but I have some questions:

1/ I know that the Zetas in Tamaulipas are divided into two big groups: CDN (Nuevo Laredo) and ZVE (Ciudad Victoria). Can you tell me which faction is the most powerful? Also, with who are they allied?

1.2/ I know that the Zetas control territories in States such as Veracruz, Puebla, Quintana Roo but are these Zetas affiliated with ZVE?

2/ The Gulf cartel is also divided into several groups. I know two of them : Los Rojos (Reynosa) and Los Metros (Matamoros). Same questions as for the Zetas; which one is the most powerful and with whom are they allied? Are there other factions, and if so, where are they based?

3/ Do you know which cartel controls most of the State of Jalisco? I’ve seen people saying that CDS has a significant presence, but I find it weird that the Cartel of Jalisco doesn’t control Jalisco.

4/ Is there a map from 2018 showing which cartel dominates which state?

Thanks!

Re: Questions

Parro
I'd recommend doing your research in the search boxes to get your information.  Those archives are great resources

Re: Questions

Norway or Netherlands? by any chance?  I rec mail from students in those countries the most.

I will pin this post and maybe people can answer them.  And I will come back to them

when is your deadline?

Paz

Re: Questions

PS Parro is correct but that takes much time.

and BTW GREAT questions

Re: Questions

sqkdra
Nop, France.

I have time, it's for the middle of 2019.

Re: Questions

You came to the right place.Where did you hear of us?

Re: Questions

sqkdra
I was looking for news about El Mencho and his cartel on Twitter and I found your account. Then I came to your website because imo he is really useful to understand what's happening in Mexico.

Re: Questions

ToPHeR
ZVE was mostly absorbed back into Los Talibanes

Re: Questions

CJNG for the most part now runs Jalisco loosely, but Guadalajara is a place where many groups use for money laundering and for their families.

Re: Questions

mica i just sent you an email!

Re: Questions

Warpig
Now that we are on the same page can someone archieve me or complete me a whole map of the organizational structure of the CDN, and Gulf or anyone or else other organizations? I want to know how the sicarios operate and how they move and so on. Who is in charge of the narco "tienditas" and who controls what/area or specific resource etc?

Re: Questions

blanco puro
amazing questions...
waiting to see the responses also!

Re: Questions

OK, let me try then.

1. This is just guesswork, but CDN has the appearance of unity versus ZVE, which consists of many cells. The main hub for CDN is Nuevo Laredo, which is the biggest entry point to the US with the most goods trafficked through and thus one could assume the most drugs as well, and guns the other way. Cd Victoria is the state capital of Tamaulipas and a pass-through for drugs, but perhaps more importantly the place to influence politicians and get concessions. In terms of economic power I would guess CDN would be stronger, but does Ciudad Victoria clan have backing from Cardenas in Matamoros in terms of manpower and brute force? It is an easily shifting landscape where the ones who have the most money usually wins, unless there are some advancements in technology or tactics.

2. There are so many factions and guardians and other groups with specific tasks in the Gulf Cartel, totally exhausting to keep track. Here are current and former groups I have tracked:
Grupo de JC, Aerolitos, Alfas, Aguilas, Alacranes, Bravos, Canicones, Camellos, Cascos, Ceros, Ciclones, Cobras, Deltas, Dragones, Escorpiones, Estaca 0, Grupo Fox, F3, Fresitas now known as Los Rojos, FR, Gamas, Grameros, Gris, Halcones, Jaguares, Jimmys, Lacoste, Kalimanes, Lobos, Grupo M/Marino, Metros, Michelin, Nitro, Grupo Omega, Grupo Orion, Pantanos, Panteras, Potros, Rojos, Grupo Rojos Zona Norte, Sierra, Grupo Sombra, Talibanes, Tangos, Tiburones, Tigres, Comando X, Grupo XW, Yankees and Zetas.

4. Not totally accurate, as always, but something to stick to an assignment: