Questions

LeeClaire
Here be some lingering questions I have that anyone is free to answer/guess at if'n they are bored and/or possess the correct information:

- Was there an actual split of La Familia Michoacan into two distinct, separate DTOs resulting in La Familia and Knights Templar, or did El Chayo just take advantage of his alleged death in 2010 and reorganize LMA under the CT banner?

- What are the circumstances of the deaths of El Chayo and Kike/have they been posted on the main board and I just missed them? I'm just curious as to how the operations against them played out, i.e., did they die in prolonged gunfights ala Tony Tormenta, or were they surprised and quickly killed when they reacted with gunfire?

- Speaking of Tony Tormenta, whatever happened to his personal enforcement group Los Escorpiones?

- What's the full story behind the attempted hit on El Azul in Matamoros?

- What's the latest on the Zetas these days? I haven't seen much news on them lately. Is Z-42 still in charge of one, unified group, or is he (if he is in charge) just leading the Trevino Morales faction?

- Is the Gulf Cartel still an actual DTO or is it just a bunch of former CDG cells fighting each other?

- I think it's true that there has been some tit-for-tat battles between the lower echelons of the Chapo & Mayo factions of CDS, as well as internal battles within those factions, but was there ever any proof that Chapo and Mayo were ever fighting, even if it wasn't a full-on, hell-on-earth war?

- What's the current theories on Mayo and Azul being caught/killed in the near future?

- Is it more likely that Chapo will be extradited to the U.S., die in a Mexican prison, or that he will "escape"/be released again?

- If the Sinaloa Federation is greatly weakened/effectively destroyed, do you think it's possible a future Mexican DTO would be able to rise to their size and power, or will the future of the Mexican drug trafficking landscape consist of a bunch of fractured, smaller organizations?

Re: Questions

LeeClaire
Stumbled upon this topic while looking through my old posts to try and find some info that someone gave me before, and I'm still curious if anyone has any answers to the questions that haven't been answered by history.

A new question that popped into my head:

How many big capos/organizations/families/etc were a part of the Sinaloa cartel at the height of its power? Did any of these capos recognize the leadership of Chapo/Mayo/Azul as the bosses of the cartel, or were those three always just the biggest capos in an organization of allied, autonomous groups?

Appreciate any responses.

Re: Questions

Chayo was killed in a shoot out quite awhile back [killed 'twice' so obviously 1st time was fake].Z42 I believe was arrested and is probably awaiting extradition.Chapo was extradited a month ago to US/NY and next court date is May 5.Azul supposedly died of natural causes in hospital but was cremated by his family quite awhile back.As for the rest I'm sure others here can fill you in or go to the right margin on Mainboard and pick a year and the stories will come up.Better yet at the bottom of the right hand column after contributors,popular stories you come to something that says 'search blog' and type in and it's like googling.I just tried it for the 1st time putting in 'el chayo' and the story comes right up Mar.9/2014.Good luck.