Question about San Pedro, Monterrey

duginto
My wife grew up in San Pedro and I went for the first and only time with her in January 2010 and stayed at the Quinta Real hotel. We were planning on going again earlier this year, but due to the situation going on in Monterrey we chose not to. A situation has come up that her mother is sick, and my wife wants to go. We get conflicting viewpoints from family members that say San Pedro is fine, and others say to stay out of the Monterrey area until it calms down. Id like to get some viewpionts from people that live in Monterrey or know the area and any recommendations and any advice around the Quinta Real hotel as if we go, we would plan on staying there again.

Re: Question about San Pedro, Monterrey

El Regio
It is dangerous but some people want to believe it isn't. San Pedro had been one of the safest places due to what their Mayor has done to criminals (killing them), however this past week-2 weeks things have really heated up in San Pedro.
One thing to keep in mind is that San Pedro is along Lazaro Cardenas (Las Torres) and much of that is Zeta territory, from Garza Sada/Lazaro Cardenas all the way to downtown is flooded with them. There are Golfas hiding out in La Estansuela and they occasionally stroll into the area.
Also there is a Costco on L.C. that you must avoid, that is the location where Zetas meet to collect ransom payments!