Q: People dropped in middle of road, ditch, etc.

Q: People dropped in middle of road, ditch, etc.

Pinchegringo
For the seasoned posters - who more than likely know far more than me about this cartel violence - where do the dead come from exactly? Are they kidnapped at their homes?  Once they get kidnapped, do they really believe they will be set free?! I'd rather take my chances trying to escape and getting a bullet in my head than to undergo some of that gore.

For example, 30+ bodies were laid under/near the bridge - well, how did they capture 30+ people in the first place?!

It's one thing to know you are going to die, but it's another thing totally different to know that there is a good chance there will be tons of pain involved in your death.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Thanks in advance.

Re: Q: People dropped in middle of road, ditch, etc.

El Regio
The dead come from various places, either being captured at home, work, on the street, or while doing counter surveillance, or counter assaults on the enemy. Many times their partners are captured and they give up information on their locations. Then the other side picks up some of their counter parts and so on.

Those 30+ dead that were found, had been capture over a 2 week period and held until they were read to be executed.

Re: Q: People dropped in middle of road, ditch, etc.

Pinchegringo
Thanks Regio - it just amazes me how they can house 30 people at a time without some sort of mutiny from within the captured group.  So most of the people that work for the cartels as low level guys also work at other jobs?

Re: Q: People dropped in middle of road, ditch, etc.

El Regio
Pinchegringo wrote
Thanks Regio - it just amazes me how they can house 30 people at a time without some sort of mutiny from within the captured group.  So most of the people that work for the cartels as low level guys also work at other jobs?
They are able to do these things because many times they have the police for working for them, most of the time its the police carrying out these hits. So their victims are locked away at the city jail, when they are ready to execute them they go pick them up and do what they need to do.
Everything is out in the open now, there is no hiding anything.

Re: Q: People dropped in middle of road, ditch, etc.

Pinchegringo
That is just sheer and overt corruption.  I didn't realize it was as bad as you claim.  I'm starting to think more and more that there is no band-aid fix to this.  You can't just call in your jailers and wardens and scold them, it'll have to be pure replacement.  I'm sure those crooks go from prison to prison sharing info, playing the cartels against eachother.

I'd be one pissed off parent if my kid was killed as a result of one of those crooked badge wearers.

Man, I'm disgusted by their behavior.

Re: Q: People dropped in middle of road, ditch, etc.

DD
In addition to Calderon sending nearly 50,000 Military troops out to fight the cartels, one of his biggest moves has been to abolish all of the local police forces (2200) because of their corruption.  He has proposed to replace them with state police.  There are 32 states in Mx, and his idea is that it will be easier to eliminate or at least reduce corruption with 32 police chiefs than 2200 police chiefs.

Yes, just sheer overt corruption. To be honest with you I have no hope for Mexico anymore, I believe it will be generations before any hint of improvement begins to show. The Mexican people are much to blame in this over anyone else. Their mentality, way of life, have all contributed to this problem. Even if all the police force in Mexico is replace, the problem will continue to exist because they will be replaced by their cousins, brothers, neighbors, etc. They only way to finish this is to bring in foreign police or military forces. The military seems to be the only one doing a good job so far.

Re: Q: People dropped in middle of road, ditch, etc.

El Regio
Pinchegringo wrote
That is just sheer and overt corruption.  I didn't realize it was as bad as you claim.  I'm starting to think more and more that there is no band-aid fix to this.  You can't just call in your jailers and wardens and scold them, it'll have to be pure replacement.  I'm sure those crooks go from prison to prison sharing info, playing the cartels against eachother.

I'd be one pissed off parent if my kid was killed as a result of one of those crooked badge wearers.

Man, I'm disgusted by their behavior.
Do you see it now?

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/10/kidnap-victims-allegedly-held-in.html#comments

Re: Q: People dropped in middle of road, ditch, etc.

Pinchegringo
Brother, I hate to have to agree, but you are spot on - Mexico has become a lost soul.

Unless citizens are allowed to arm themselves or Mexico allows themselves to be assisted by other countries in terms of military support (not necessarily only the US), there is no answer in my opinion.

Just imagine what would happen here in the US if the local pigs were busy being accessories to kidnapping and extortion.  First off, family of the kidnapped would more than likely take those dudes out - and for good reason.

The thing that has completely taken me by surprise is the overtness of the corruption.  How can this continue to go on?  Why aren't there vigilante groups similar to MZ's that say "if we as the citizens become aware of this, your ass is on the line"?  Obviously the police force is not only ill-equipped to handle this daunting task, but a good majority of them seem complicit in these affairs.  Everytime one of my neighbors or friends takes a trip to Mexico, I always forward them this site to be certain that they are aware of the risks.  When I travel to Mexico, it's always by armed guard and even then, you don't know who you can trust so it wouldn't surprise me if you guys read about me on here one day.

Regio, you are a good poster so please keep up the good work.  I was a lurker/casual reader until recently and I've enjoyed what you've had to say.  It's going to take people like yourself and Buela (or whatever her name is) to put some of these plans in action as I'm sure these boards are monitored by someone that has the capacity to do at least something.

I appreciate it.