Puerto Penasco

Fox402
Can someone enlighten me on what group currently has control of Puerto Penasco?  Is it Los Memos, Los Paez, or some other group?  I've also heard rumors that CJNG may be operating in the area.  Control of the plaza has seemed unclear to me since Macho was killed.  Thanks!

Re: Puerto Penasco

El_Bujo
Things have been extremely quiet since Macho was killed, so it’s hard to say. Either way it has to be some sort of CDS backed regime.

Re: Puerto Penasco

cellarmaster
I’ve wondered how safe this area is. I have family who travel in their rvs from AZ to Rocky Point several times a year to camp on the beach.

Re: Puerto Penasco

Fox402
So I became super interested in what was going on in Puerto Penasco, since it’s close to Phoenix/Tucson where I live and I like to go on vacation there.  After some research and talking to friends who may/may not involved in this sort of thing, it seems that Puerto Penasco is controlled by a Mayo Zambada aligned faction led by someone called “El Charly”.  Charly supposedly is the one who retrieved Macho’s body after the shootout.  He seems to be associated with the Mexicali era of El Checo, El Ruso, and El Tony.  While you can find info on them, Charly seems to be a ghost.  Anyone ever heard of this dude?