Public reaction to 17 killed in France

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

777
I kinda over analyze things sometimes.... I found the marches somewhat disturbing. At the same time, I feel for the families that lost someone.... 100,000 march after tragedies.... right?

Now when someone needs a helping hand or see a homeless person ... those same people are nowhere to be found. It just makes me sick thinking that people wait after someone is gone to show they care. And the "brown" part I kinda feel you on that too... Idk... maybe i just need some rest ...

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

Brown pants occasion?Thats hilarious Rubbertoe.I hear what youre saying that Mexico deserves airtime just as much as any other problem country but think if 911 hadn't occurred this French incident would barely have been mentioned.Its just that these extremists are a threat to many democratic countries and if Mexico was a threat to many countries it would be BIG headlines but Mexico would rather keep to itself and theres obviously a reason for that.[their secrets]

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

O that's a good 1 Mexico-Watcher that last paragraph,maybe that's good education for EPN free speech in the free world,coming to a station near you EPN.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

jlopez
The biggest difference I see between the reaction elicited by the massacre in Paris versus the reaction to massacres in Mexico is what the respective governments do in response. In France, it triggered an all-out manhunt (and woman-hunt, except that she got away), while in Mexico, the government reacts to a massacre with almost total indifference. In Mexico, the government's first response to a massacre is to spread disinformation, to protect political allies, to avoid taking or assigning responsibility. And, since the Mexican government controls most of the media through the publicity contracts they award to newspapers and unofficial payments to reporters,  the word is slow to get out about the latest massacre.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

777
  well said JLopez. I worship GOD not MAN... So these religious looneys

-PRESIDENTS/PRIME MINISTERS
-POPE
-RELIGIOUS TERRORISTS
-ETC

just rub me the wrong the way...

oops... I guess I just had me an ALex Jones moment....

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

http://www.zocalo.com.mx/seccion/articulo/un-mensaje-oculto-en-el-nuevo-dibujo-de-mahoma-de-charlie-hebdo-1421248429

more creepiness.... something about "occult messages"....

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

jlopez
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

are you the new "Mano".... JUST KIDDING

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

Rubbertoe
I guess if you plug in the lack of interest in the Boko Haram massacres the lack of govt. response makes sense. So the press reactions follow the government reaction by and large. So when stuff goes on a long time without gob. interest they need to cover up both, the bad stuff and their lack or reaction. Reacting late is an admission of indifference.  Argues for a good strong two party system of Gob.
12