Public reaction to 17 killed in France

Rubbertoe
HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS MARCH FOR 17 SLAIN

Wouldn't it make you smile to see this level of reaction in Mexico ?? It would be a brown pants occasion in Mex. Gob. Maybe Mexicans will take heart form this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/10/france-terror-attack-rallies_n_6448462.html

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

El"H"
You cant really compare the two situations if 17 died to religious extremists in mexico believe me it would be world news also.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

Thats part of the issue….should it matter why people die, or who they were, whether it be religious fanaticism, or poverty and organized crime?

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

Rubbertoe
E "H" --- Your response shocks me completely. Tens of thousands, many  innocents, murdered, flayed, raped, burned alive, sprayed with acid,  and because those deaths are not comparable to WHAT? Tell me that should not be world news. What about the more than 17 priests that have been murdered?  Mexican Priests don't count.  Murder of innocent Mexicans by sicarios is somehow not as important as murder of French satirists by religeous fanatics ?? What about the Templaros who were/are religeous fanatics justifying their actions with a religeous argument?  Mexicans are more disposal, worth less, can be easily ignored? That attitude towards Mexico is a serious problem. I can let you talk to women who have been abducted and repeatedly raped with acquiesence and participation of authorities and no possible means of protection or recourse. Why are their lives disposable? Your attitude is apparently held by many and bears some of the responsibility for the tragedy that is played out daily in Mexico today. Give it all some more thought and hopefully you will see the realities here.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

adam2014
hello rubbertoe,

in uk this is close to our heart. but i was watching the news when this broke out and saw an interview with obama. he was sitting next to EPN saying how terrible this attack was and that the usa would support france if they needed any help. which was great,fair play to b.obama.

but what made me laugh was epn sitting next to him smiling,was this a little dig at him? i hope so. epn must be thinking "this happens every day where i live"

Maybe if your 15 year old daughter was abducted and you and your family threatened with death if you report it. And you discover she is forced to fuck 15 or 20 times a day and beaten if she gets pregnant.  What then?  Is that comparable. How can there be no outrage about this?  I weep when I think about it.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

adam2014
rubbertoe,

people are numb to this or people are numbnuts! ive learned to accecpt that mexico is hell,full stop.

no one cares outside of mexico because it is not "terrorists". mexico has said publicly that it wants no outside help,so what is the rest of the world going to do?

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

Rubbertoe
Seriously doubt EPN gives a rat's ass about what happens to Mexicans as long as it does not interfere with his power and income. Politicians here are single minded, don't puzzle them with the facts. Where's the money???  He was prolly glad for the distraction in the pubic eye. They tried  pointing out some of the recent shootings in the US to somehow diminish the impact of the thousands murdered in Mexico. Maybe if there was some face flaying in the US it would mean something.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

adam

honestly I thought uk would get hit hard first.

I sure hope not, but......

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

a tribute to Charlie hebdo by latin American cartonnists from el universal
see more
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/el-mundo/2015/impreso/tributo-a-8220charlie-hebdo-8221-89468.html

hey rubbertoe, we are all with you,EPN  is a joke,but in my opinion if you are a mexican you are just going to have to grin and bear it,its game over. get with the program or die simple.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

adam2014
hola chivis,

yep,UK  would be the 1st target i would of thought. no guns! but the UK has a fast response arms team in all counties,we are a small country.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

adam2014
i love imaged!

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

Mexico-Watcher
Rubbertoe wrote
HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS MARCH FOR 17 SLAIN

Wouldn't it make you smile to see this level of reaction in Mexico ?? It would be a brown pants occasion in Mex. Gob. Maybe Mexicans will take heart form this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/10/france-terror-attack-rallies_n_6448462.html
"brown pants occasion"?  I am curious as to what this means.

I hope that the current level of worldwide concern for journalistic freedom will "finally" spread to Mexico.

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

choco
The one thing that is analogous between the murders in France and Mexico... is the number of Mexican journalists who have been killed by the government cartels.

The only problem with this comparison is that Mexican journalists are gunned down one at a time in widely varying locations.  I guarantee you if an office of journalists in Mexico City was stormed and 14 journalists were killed at once, religious fanatics or no, it would make big headlines.

It seems that when 14 or 43 are killed at once, that is what causes the attention... murders en masse.

While I was comparing and contrasting the two situations... journalists murdered outright by people who oppose their views (or don't want their own secrets spilled)... I was comparing and contrasting the motivations of the two groups: religious fanatics vs. government/cartels.

The former are fighting for their concept of "God" and against anyone who ridicules their version of "God."  Whereas the government/cartels in a way do act as zealots, but of a different sort... protecting their own "gang" and shutting up those who expose them.

Unfortunately in this post-9/11 era (which incorrectly labeled Muslims as the bad guys, but that's another story), Muslim fanaticists create bigger headlines and a bigger splash than the ongoing murder of truth-telling journalists by Mexican government/cartel criminals.

Tragic really.
JMB

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

JMB
That is true.

Also bear in mind there are 3 levels of news: local, national, and world.

World news is generally something happening 'en masse'.  However, it needs to be reported & Mxn news doesn't report much.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

Bjeff
Perhaps we should start labeling our reports and translations with "narco terrorists"? Perhaps that would catch on in international media and bring more heat to the Mexican government.

Not much difference between those islamists and the narcos anyways. Both seek attention in horrendous ways to get the message out and both target innocent people.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

choco
Yep... it really is interesting to compare and contrast the two groups Bjeff.  Both seek to control the public thru extreme fear from their terrorist acts.  That is their motivation at the core.

Maybe someone will pick up much bigger story of Mexican "narco terrorism" of journalists and the public at large.

I really like that term.  And frankly, I might expand it to "government narco terrorism".

Cus that is the dirty BIG secret of Mexico.

I wonder if it will ever get out just exactly how much the government is responsible for the terrorism of its citizens. They've kept a lid on it for a long time now, even tho they've been quite blatant, but maybe the truth is about to simmer over.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

choco
Agree JMB.... world news reports "en masse" incidents.... and therein lies the problem. They don't cover the ongoing day to day terrorism in Mexico.

Someone way high up in journalism needs to do a comprehensive investigation under the rubric of government narco terrorism holding Mexico's citizens hostages by fear, murder, kidnap, extortion and intimidation.

Re: Public reaction to 17 killed in France

Rubbertoe
" Brown pants occasion." The is a typically brown substance that occasionally comes out of a body orifice when severly frightened and is deposited in underware. Smelly and messy. It's an old sport's car racer's phrase used when you lose control and go off the track.

Apologize for the rant.  I have had a headache since then
12