Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

ArmChairIntellect
Buela is correct the bigger this gets the harder to ignore.  We need this victory not just for Mexico but for the world.  It's important that justice is done and the good doctor is released.  Nothing can happen to him as long as this continues to get bigger, but as I said this is bigger than Mexico, we as human beings need people like this, we also need to see him be victorious, the world needs to see this.

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

adam3

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Pepe

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

@Chivis.  I don't know how anyone could misconstrue what I said as being against the protest of the social movement behind the protest.

I said;
 "I am not trying to disparage or discourage the protests, blockades, and demonstrations,.....I would encourage the continued use of the various forms of protests,"

"The demonstrations and protests are the best possible evidence of just how big this issue is.
".

I don't think any of that could be construed as a "bitch session" about protests.

What I was saying is that PRI did not get the reputation as the "Perfect Dictatorship" by listening to the people and making policy in response to their demands.  It will listen to the international elite demands because if it doesn't it will cost them money.

But to get the attention of the international elite, the protest movement needs to continue and expand, and more importantly in my opinion is that every effort should be made to keep the movement in front of and before the international elites.

Even Dr. Moreles asked in one of his early videos that the international community not forget them.

 I was merely expounding IMO on what you said in your last statement

"It is where we go from here."

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

tuSancho
I have been using facebook to spread the word and connect closer to the activity in Michoacan.  There is a broad network.

I also think this will be more long lasting than the release of Dr Mireles.  I have believed for years, since using small cybers in small towns in Mexico, that the internet will be a fundamental tool for those who want to change Mexico.  Sort of like arab spring in the middle east.  facebook and whatsapp are on fire.  Maybe a list of page names for facebook or other networks could be posted here on BB.

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Mexico-Watcher
tuSancho wrote
... I have believed for years, since using small cybers in small towns in Mexico, that the internet will be a fundamental tool for those who want to change Mexico.  ...
tuSancho: I totally agree with you, as you say above, that the WWW Internet is a tool that the Mexican people can use to change things (for the better).

The proverbial genii is now out of the bottle! and I don't see how the despotic, corrupt, and oppressive masters (cabrones padrones) can put the genii back in the bottle.  Because of this, things will continue to unfold in many  ways... some of which the "masters" (PRI, PAN, Cartels, bankers, military, etc, et c) will NOT be able to control as in the past.  I think we are now entering a period of "white water" that will toss Mexico about in unpredictable , but bloody, ways.  Many people are going to die, refugees will stream north into he USA, and the USA will have to get involved in the chaotic mess because of the huge Mexican (legal and illegal) population.

I am sure that the DEA, CIA, Democrats, Republicans, and corporations with their fingers in Mexico are nervous about the possibilities of a endemic eruption of revolutionary violence in Mexico.  I am also sure that what the USA does will probably be the wrong stupid things it has always done with respect to Mexico.... that is, side with the rich and powerful in order to exploit Mexico.

Pobre Mejico, como esta jodido!

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

choco
I really hope you tuSancho and you Mexico-watcher are correct.

I hope this does erupt and become long-lived.

There is an article translated by mexicovoices.blogspot.com earlier this week, the 14th I think, talking about a proposal in the works (who knows if it has a chance in hell of passing) to turn over regulation of marijuana to the fed government and get it out of the hands of cartels.... so supposedly then the gob can focus on extorting, kidnapping robbery etc.

Of course there is the little problem of cocaine and meth.... not sure if they have a plan for that.   Anyway, it is a bit of hope as well.

TS... it would be great to get that list of FB sites, etc... of course I won't be able to read too much... but I am getting better!!  BUt I agree a list would be great...

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

adam3

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

@TuSancho. Good for you Sancho.  For a long time I have been asking readers to share  stories on BB with all their friends on FB and ask their friends to share it with their friends.

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

I did not reply to you or anyone.  It was a comment in general

This thread was specific, read the title.  I did not want it to sway from that into a debate of if protests will help or won't, we just don't know, but I do know this is very different.  They were discussing it at the surgery center yesterday and asking all sort of questions about Dr M.

your question "Has there ever been a successful demonstration or protest against the actions of the government that caused the Mexican government to back down or change it's position on any issue?"

above is the only comment I saw, you can be so presumptuous, and think things are always about you.  Really your one sentence of the comment I saw could have been taken multiple ways.

But honestly, by attacking my comment that was not to you, is doing what I ask it not to do....

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

ACI

Hola!  I have been thinking of you.  and I want you to know my old Rocketmail addy is one I rarely check, in the future chivis.martinez@hushmail.com should be used.

Paz

I will try and set up a hushmail account this weekend and try to get in touch....  Much love Buela

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

ArmChairIntellect
In my humble opinion the good doctor is of the same ink as many historic and brave souls who have come before.  Those who stood up to grave injustice and suffered great harm because of it, they are not but few who cast aside comforts for a greater ideal, and better world.

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Geneva Switzerland

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

San Francisco on different parts of the city this logo appeared

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

tuSancho
Protest en Tepic Nayarit in front of PGR office today.

12345