Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

My VP for my family foundation, worked with Doc in Modesto.  Dr Ms daughter also was a great volunteer.
anyway, that is how I first knew about Doc Mireles and his integrity.

he was also not only the president of the national migrant association, the largest in the world, but became the national president.

all while doing manual labor jobs to earn a living, like breaking rocks at the quarry.

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

remember how down you were in the beginning and I said, "just wait, it is too early now"

Well I never dreamed it would get this big.

JMB

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

JMB
Anything on the EC besides NYC? I know my fellow CAs and SAs don't care much for Mexico (due to exploitation) but EVERYONE respects Mireles for what he has done. And we're thick enough over here to be heard by DC.

No one in real power listens to the US SW but they DO listen to & fear the original 13; the EC.

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Mexico-Watcher
This post was updated on .
As expected the US Mainstream media (MSM) is totally blind to the fire next door. Thank God for the Internet!

This Auto-Defensa idea could spread to many places where people feel oppressed by corrupt (even evil) oligarchic governments such as Mejico.

 I hope the "bald head and chicken leg" Free Mireles demonstrations in Mexico, the USA, and worldwide continue.  Oppressed peoples in South and Central America are watching and taking notes.

Mexico Watcher

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Pepe

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Pepe

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Pepe

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Thx Pepe what a great website MexicoVoices with a political slant.I couldn't get off of it just like I cant get off of BB.

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

tuSancho
ADELITAS!

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Pepe

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

choco
WOW!!!!! Thanks for this news Pepe!!

Go Michoacanenses!!!!!!   This will get someone's attention.  And may get them all arrested, but hope not.

Something has to.make EPN/Castillo wake up.and see the people are not going to take it anymore.

Please keep us updated...

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Has there ever been a successful demonstration or protest against the actions of the government that caused the Mexican government to back down or change it's position on any issue?

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

What if its international.Nieto is quite concerned about image.

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

DF

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

pepe I heard coastal protestors are holding 30 fed police

that is very concerning.  very dangerous

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

sing it brother...especially about Castillo
NUEVO LEON

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

"evidence of innocence"

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

choco
briefly... someone... pls.

What is the evidence of innocence for those of us who don't speak Spanish?

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

Canadiana.  Exactly.  I am not trying to disparage or discourage the protests, blockades, and demonstrations, but only point out that historically I can't think of one case where PRI listened to the people.  Protests have either been ignored, or met with force.  The stronger the protests, the more force that is used.

That has resulted in more arrests, disappearances, killings (unsolved) of protestors, or even massacres.

I would encourage the continued use of the various forms of protests, but at the same time, make sure that all of this is pointed out to the public officials of whatever country by sending them copies of stories, etc. and pointing out the political gain that such officials might gain by supporting the protests at an international level (UN).

It all boils down to politics.  Early on I suggested that pressure be applied to Obama to take the issue to the UN.  A reader replied that even if Obama thought the arrest of Mireles was wrong he wasn't likely to do that because it might damage his relations with EPN.

While I agree that Obama or any other national leader (whether in the US or another country) is not likely to wake up in the morning and think "this is wrong, I need to do something about this injustice".  But if he woke up in the morning and saw that the demand from his constituency was strong enough that his poll numbers would go up or that he or his party might gain votes if he/she brought international attention to the situation in Mexico, then he might take action.

Don't assume that public officials are as aware of the situation as we are who follow it closely.  What they read is filtered.  But they know how many phone calls their office receives daily on any given issue, how many emails or letters their office receives.  Even personal contacts from those with some political clout.

Politicians respond to the "squeaky wheel".  Whether they ignore an issue, support or oppose an issue is usually, if not always, based upon what political gain or pain they might receive by coming out for or against some issue.

Mexico is an exception to this because PRI has always believed it can control all political power in the country.   It doesn't matter what the people think.  It's perceived image in the world does matter because that can affect whether foreign investors invest in Mexico.

Having the corruption, abuse of human rights, and crime in Mexico debated on the world stage at the UN is the worst possible nightmare that PRI and EPN could imagine.

Keep those cards and letters and phone calls going.  The demonstrations and protests are the best possible evidence of just how big this issue is.

Re: Protest Information and Comments "Demanding the Release of Dr. Mireles and other AD's,"

I really don't want this thread to become a bitch session about protests

however, I agree in part with DD, in the simplest definition of protest.
However historically there have been multiple times where protest led to social revolution that created change.

It is not reliant on the gob, change IS reliant on the people, people willing to die for the cause.  I think that Dr M wanted change beyond the borders of Michoacán, the head of the snake.  A collective participation, that is why the gob found him so dangerous.

It the protest of Zapatista, the cause was a limited focus of a relatively small group of people whose concerns were for themselves and never spoke about other groups or populous.  After the massacre, accords were produced and signed, because of the outcry of injustice.  Although the results have been less than perfect one can compare to life before and must say they have been afforded a greater degree of autonomy.  It is like racism in the US, we have come a long way, but not nearly eradicated to a degree that one can pronounce it a nonissue.

This outcry is unlike anything I have seen prior, this is worldwide, EPN has to give attention to the masses. He wants to protect foreign investments and tourism.

It is not as simple or correct to say protest doesn't work, in of itself, of course not and no one says that.

It is where we go from here.

BTW

the 30 federal police were released last night.  supposedly the gob will release the 32.  we shall see.