Protecting the U.S. border is now a military mission

Protecting the U.S. border is now a military mission

BBreader
Here's today's op-ed published in The Hill: https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/437336-protecting-the-borders-is-now-a-military-mission

The Commandant of the Marine Corps, General Robert Neller, grabbed some headlines when he declared his service is facing "rapidly accelerating risks" from, among other things, operations along the Southwest border.
To be fair, General Neller’s concern was one of many he communicated to the Secretary of the Navy and they are all legitimate concerns, but why his discomfort with the Southwest border mission? Does the other land force, the Army, think the same?...

Re: Protecting the U.S. border is now a military mission

Where's the rest of the texted story?There is only 2 paragraphs to the story here.I don't mean to single you out  BBreader but if you post a headline at the top we would like to see more than just the link.Thanks.

Re: Protecting the U.S. border is now a military mission

nessuno
The military has dabbled at the border on and off for decades.

The "news" here is that the marines are complaining that because of diverting funds to the border wall, they have had to scale back or cancel training exercises.

Maybe now that a soldier has been killed at the border mission, they will get serious and clean up this fucking mess.