Prison Bar/Club House shut down in Chihuahua

Prison Bar/Club House shut down in Chihuahua

ovemex
Administrator

 It looked more like a frat party than the inside of a prison.

Federal and local authorities discovered the bar behind bars at a prison workshop at a minimum-security prison in the northern state of Chihauhua Monday.

mong the items seized: 3 guns, pool tables, air conditioners, 200 beer cans, 12 bottles of tequila, 20 bottles of vodka, cell phones, marijuana and heroin.

Jorge Chaires, a spokesman for the Chihuahua state prosecutor's office said the deputy director of the prison was fired after police discovered the prison bar.

Three years ago, a similar police inspection of the same Chihuahua City prison coughed up dozens of flat-screen TVs, refrigerators, computers, cell phones, microwave ovens and other electrical goods.

Photos:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20066473-503543.html

Re: Prison Bar/Club House shut down in Chihuahua

curioso
Beer, pot, tequila, vodka, heroin and pool tables........sounds like the 80's in Chicago to me...if you substitute coke for the heroin.
Guess prison life aint so bad after all....
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: Prison Bar/Club House shut down in Chihuahua

kylesam
Thats old overmex, it been around for over a week now jaja...but you got to admit I'd love to be in that prison if I was locked up jaja...it didn't say who was the big shot who ran the place tho.

Re: Prison Bar/Club House shut down in Chihuahua

Havana
I was just about to post this story.
I got it from a Pakistani paper dated tomorrow. Time wise, they are ahead. The irony of serving time in Mexico. I always marvel at the shenanigans in Mexican jails.  Even with that well stocked bar and 2 pool tables.. ... I behave when I'm in Chihuahua.