Politics etc

Dear forum users--

You have no idea how difficult it is to run a blog, even in the best of circumstances.  I do not care who likes me or my decisions, I am anonymous and unpaid, I am not in a personality contest.

I must be strict to keep things in Balance.

I sent a warning with respect to a post by my friend Mica.  It became political fast.  Usually I nix those types of posts, this time i allowed it with a warning.

My policy is attack the position not the person issuing the stance.  I was asked about my political stance and I was, as always, open and forthright,   While I believe that most politicians right or left are good people, who love their country but have differences of how policies should be addressed.

After my warning a long time user could not help himself and personally attacked the president, not the policies but personally.  An ignorant remark that parrots one set forth by the liberal press [ I don't watch Fox much either, for sure not after 3 when all the far-far-far right op/ed].
 Since I had given the warning I chose to ban him because it was a flagrant disregard to our policy and my warning.

He has anonymously written comments through main page.  JA!  I have a way to determine where the comment came from and it reinforced my decision to ban him----which now will be forever unless he chooses to contact me and we discuss.

Here is the deal---we get many comments of political nature thru main page. and personal comments  against and for Trump,  against and in support of Obama --- against and against Nancy and shumer---no that is not a typo---and obama clintons blackwater etc etc

I do not post those comments.  nothing good can derive from them and we try and stay away from political argument unless it has to do with org crime of mexico.

I have been called a fucking liberal, a beaner communist, right wing nut, and my favorite Nixon jr.

I am not sure why---i am always honest about my ideology stance and stance of specific issues.  but it doesn't effect me or bother me, or cause me pause.

Just follow the rules.  stay in the rigid lane of political discourse and we can all get along fine.

The comments from people on main page has been consistent over the years about forum being non  inclusive.  It seems much work for a couple thousand views per day.    But there are some awesome contributors like Mica, LeChef Steve and others.

I am thinking no politics at all is best policy.  Some people can't refrain, even after being warned.

Paz and love

Re: Politics etc

ElGrandeRojo
You said it....you are a tireless volunteer.  If people are issuing threats, personal insults etc, they should be banned. You can always tell who's never been punched in the face for running their mouth.  The internet trolls who hide anonymously behind their keyboards need to seek help, rather than attack others. I've never understood people who lose their minds if someone disagrees with their opinions or beliefs. I learn allot by listening to, and reading different people's stances on all issues. If you don't listen, or read, how can you form your own opinions? I feel that you and the staff here, really don't owe anyone explanations for your actions. You already do way too much. I am personally grateful for all of what you at BB do, to keep us informed. Much respect to all of you.

Re: Politics etc

thank you very much.  it is perplexing.  I banned and moved on not thinking about it, but I gjuess jhe got his feelings hurt....silly really.