Piedras Negras

curioso
Can someone tell me what's happenening in PN? I don't ever see stories about Piedras on BB. I would like to visit some friends there but not sure. I've heard it's fairly tranquilo.......any info?
vj

Re: Piedras Negras

vj
it has been but it feels like the air is thick. alot of people are tense but it has been quite so far to say the least.I have gone to PN and it seems like everything is ok.

Re: Piedras Negras

just some dude...
i really wouldnt venture out to PN...
i talk to this girl in eagle pass and ive asked her how it is in PN becaus ei have been wanting to go and she says just dont do it...
there is not alot of reports out of PN but she says it can get just as bad as anywhere else...not too much has happened since i think the CDG did some cleaning up there and well of course the zetas still control it...
alot of the zetas have tx plates on thier stolen cars/trucks so you dont know who they are, and can get picked up quick,

Re: Piedras Negras

curioso
Well, I went to PN for the holidays and it was great! Nothing going on there at all. We took the kids to the new plaza at bridge#1 at night. Visited many people and had a great time. Did not feel threatened one bit at any time.

Re: Piedras Negras

jtur88
My wife is just back from an attempted drive to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  She was refused entry with her car at Piedras Negras, owing to an irregularity in her records.  She said evryone in Aduana and Banjercito were very pleasant, but could not resolve the problem.   (Other drivers were also being denied for trivial reasons---one of them because "Jr." was on his name in his passport, but not on his car title.)  So she had to stay overnight in Allende, near the Aduana, and return to Eagle Pass in the morning.  She liked PN, she thought it was a very nice town.

She reported that the Mexicans were all very kind and generous, doing everything they could to try to help.  But every one of them, customs workes, other travelers, hotel staff, guests, everyone, emphasized that it would be very foolish for her to try to drive onward into Mexico.  The mayor of Allende Coah. had been recently murdered, and they said with US non-border state plates, she would be lucky to get as far as Torreon alive.  Although the advice may be exaggerated, everyone there seemed terrified.   After her many conversations with Mexicans, she concluded that it is probably actually is quite unsafe to drive an American car into Mexico.    However, when I phoned to cancel the 1-year car insurance policy, I asked the agent if there was any decrease in USA drivers going to Mexico.  He said No, they are writing hundreds of policies every day, and in fact in the past year, there has been a 20% increase in the number of  Mexico non-resident insurance policies they are selling.   Contradictions continue to abound.

But trying to get back, the US agents treated her almost as badly as narcoterrorists would have.  Re-entering Eagle Pass, she was detained for 4 hours and fined $300.  She was asked "Are you carrying any fruit or vegetables from Mexico?"  She said No, which was a truthful answer---she was not carrying fruits, vegetables, shoes, socks, pencils, spare tire, or anything else from Mexico---she had bought nothing.   She was asked nothing else.  They then searched her car, found one grapefruit and one avocado which had been  among the supplies she had packed for the road in the USA.   Still had American PLU stickers on them.  The fine was $300, apparently for attempted smuggling of contraband.  ($100,000,000 worth of drugs came in the same day, while agents were busy defending our liberties from my dreaded wife.  She is in her 60s, and is a gregarious people person who makes friends wherever she goes and endears herself well to people.)   Her dog was put in a cage, and she asked, while waiting 4 hours, if she could check on her dog, and was told no, that was an unsecured area.  Apparently, she was under arrest, and had to be held in a secured area.   They finally took pity on her, I guess, and stole only $175 from her.   I consider her lucky that her car was not impounded.

They finally decided that she was not a public danger, and released her, apparently happy with their cash windfall, and never checked any of her car papers or health documents for her dog.

Re: Piedras Negras

survey

Re: Piedras Negras

susio
I feel for the lady, but she is still safer here than in drugland Mexico. I am glad border guards are doing their job. My friend in Piedras was kidnapped and robbed. After a few hours of being threatened he was let go. Mexico is the worst place in the world.

Re: Piedras Negras

What an idiot
How about she try and remember what kind of food she has in the car so she won't fined. She had an icechest full of food and she told the officer didn't have anything she deserves the fine. Just because the fruit had stickers on them doesnt mean they are from the US. People go into Mexico and put stickers on the avocados and try and bring them back in because they are better than the ones in the US. Also, how about she tries taking a flight instead of driving. Obviously her husband reads borderlandbeat so she should know what it is like over there. What a dummy. The officers are the ones who keep you safe at night so you can sleep, obviously you don't have the balls to get on the front line. Go back to your job at Walmart and your safety blanket you surround yourself in.

Re: Piedras Negras

jtur88
Well, What An Idiot, you sure picked a good screen name.  Some people need their car while in Mexico, some people are going to a place more than 100 miles from an airport, some people are taking a dog along, some people don't know when they are coming back and can't commit to a return ticket date, some people think "bringing things from Mexico" means bringing things obtained in Mexico, some people think they are entitled to due process before being fined, some people think "what it's like over there" is not defined by ashhole American border thugs, some people feel safe among their Mexican friends, some people think international travel is more complicated than putting the disposal of a grapefruit at the top of their list of priorities, some border thugs think spending four hours intercepting a grapefruit is not what defines what makes you safe at night in your little jammies.

Re: Piedras Negras

survey

Re: Piedras Negras

El Regio
My family is from Monterrey and we go there through Laredo Tamaulipas which is pretty bad right now. Actually the entire route is unsafe, from Laredo to Monterrey. We travel early, usually cross around 9-10 am and make it to Monterrey by noon or 2 pm. I don't think it is extremely dangerous, there are still many many people going there an nothing happens, that being said, some do get caught in the crosshairs and some are targeted for their vehicle. I believe that if you have no emergency or serious business there, just don't go!!! Or take the bus if you must go.
It is a war zone and anybody who suggest otherwise is a complete f**ing moron or wants to see your head roll.... Don't listen to them.

As for the US customs agents... I agree. They are freaking morons who mistreat people crossing into the US. Especially if they are hispanic and you are hispanic, they really get you then.

Re: Piedras Negras

josue
hey, i am from piedras negras and recomendo not to go there cause the z"s are doing what ever they whant...they take your truck in the middle of the day (ford's,gmc's,toyota's,dodge's,sub's and pick up's)....shust be very carfull ...i got rob by 6 police man in the middle of the crowd in the state fair,they don't care who is watching.....i don't live there any more,you can't trust nobody,you don't know whos who...corruption is everywhere there....be very careful.....i am from "LA INFONA LOCA"

Re: Piedras Negras

josue
quiet right now...but be very careful if you go there because the z's  are there and they are controling the state specialy the borders, don't trust no one there they will take your truck if they like it(ford,gm,chevy,toyota,dodge,sub's and trucks)....i am from "LA INFONA LOCA" i know whats happening over there  be very alert...trust no one......peace

Re: Piedras Negras

You wait
You wait until these cartel assholes start terrorizing us here in the states and I just know you will be sucking every cop, BP, and CBP's dick to protect you at night so you can go to your job at Gamestop the next morning without getting shot on the way to work. If you were really a man you'd shape up and join the military but I doubt they'd take you with your possession charge on your criminal history. You are one of the many sheep I have sworn to protect. Some people are wolves and some are sheep...

Re: Piedras Negras

Warrior007
I am an American Soldier...."of Mexican descent"

I am a Warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.

I will never accept defeat.

I will never quit.

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.

I am an expert and I am a professional.

I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.

I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.

I am an American Soldier.