Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

_The Magician_

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

Tacuache
EPN really just needs to capture that punk a## tuta and dismantle he's income stream.  Find him, get him to turn in his accountants and open the books.  I'll bet the CT will break down once there is no more money....

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

ESLiero

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

magic

put your source.

and secondly, who from EPN has ordered this? it is very important that you publish facts with the type of title.  24 hours, did epn say this?  general?  who?

Al Jazeera and other mainstream media are saying the opposite...that that was not the orders given to them.

It should be mentioned that not one caballero Templario has been wounded, killed or apprehended.  although the people are telling the feds where they are.

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

him and 6 others.

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

you must not know that Mexico has the right to confiscate all property belonging to narcos.
during the Trevino trial in Austin Mexico filed a hold-lien during the trial for all properties  and business owned by the defendants which they confiscated after they were found guilty---in a foreign country

secondly, scoffing at the thought of joining municipal police?  are you serious or uninformed?  Municipios are with cartels.  even along the border the gov say in a report 2 years ago 100% are in collusion and under the direction of narcos.

autodefensas have been in existence for over a hundred years, are in 12 states

they are successful, and have driven out crime for decades.

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

K_Mennem
Here is what Secretary Miguel Angel Osorio Chong said on Monday. This is according to News Agency EFE, a news service like AP but in Spanish (although the translate maybe a third of their material into English as well). As a member of a news service I get their updates every 10 minutes or so in my email.

The shooting in Antunez occurred hours after Government Secretary Miguel Angel Osorio Chong announced that federal forces would police the areas in Michoacan plagued by clashes between drug traffickers and vigilante groups.

Osorio Chong made the announcement Monday after meeting with state officials, including Gov. Fausto Vallejo, in Morelia, the capital of Michoacan.

The federal official also called on members of community self-defense groups to “return to where you came from and go back to your daily activities.”

“There will be no tolerance for anyone caught with firearms” without legal authorization, Osorio Chong said.

Some Mexican analysts say Michoacan is close to becoming a failed state because some areas are ungovernable due to the presence of drug traffickers and the formation of vigilante groups.

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

K_Mennem

I agree on the corruption of the municipal police, but many of these forces are small. If a group of the autodefensas were all able to join a force, why couldnt they turn it around? 10 of these men could turn around a police force in a small town around quickly if they were able to get the jobs. May sound easier than done, but things like this will have to be done for long term stability.

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

Tacuache
Totally agree.  In some small towns, 5 could even do the job.  Depending on the size of the rancho or town, some municipal police stop working at 9 or 10 and typically have a gun with no bullets (for real they get charged for each bullet they shoot) and make roughly about $450USD per month.  I say give these guys some police training and a slight increase of pay and they would definately do a better job than the some of morons currently patroling the streets.

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

I don't think people understand. The autodefensas can't just go in and co-opt a municipal police force [which is like a county sheriff's dept. in the US], because the police are commanded by a political structure that is completely and absolutely corrupted by organized crime, from the mayor, the municipal council, all the way up to the governor, and his functionaries. The only way to do this would be to pay them more than the Templarios, and the only way to do that is with the backing of a rival mafia.

As far as the army going in, the federal government is either genuinely worried about the autodefensas being infiltrated by anti-government guerrillas, which have a long history in the Tierra Caliente, or they're using this as an excuse to suppress the autodefensas.

Either way, the army is just another gang, which is not going to help the people who live in these villages, and they're not going to take on organized crime. If anything, they're going to help the criminals.

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

TexcocoDeMora
I'LL PUT MY MONEY ON THE MILITARY, THEY WILL WIN.
http://narcconoticias.blogspot.com/

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

Kid.  I agree 100%.  Osario's invitation to the civil-defense forces to join the municipal police had to be for PR purposes.  He has to know just as we do and the civil defense members know that the municipal governments and the state officials are all corrupt and on the payroll of the cartels.  He can't believe the people are so dumb that they would want to be under the control and command of the same people that had terrorized them for the last 12 years.

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

K_Mennem

But this cant be an overnight revolution. Occupation for a week will do nothing. If they plan to make this long term and one of the root evils is the police force, they have to find a way to change it. Like I said, easier said than done, but whats the point of all of this if they are just going to go home in a few days and let everything go back to how it was?

These guys have to figure out how to have a long term presence. Doing it illegally the way they are now will only last for so long.

JMB

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

JMB
Yeah? Hilarious. Sure, let's continue with being ass raped both figuratively and literally, 'cause Osario, right.

It will be noteworthy when that "order" is issued to the criminal groups.
JMB

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

JMB

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

K_Mennem
Chivis they are about to announce the capture of Joaquin Negrete Arriaga "El Allegretti" of the Caballeros Templarios.

I honestly do not know the importance of the man or capture, but they say he was in charge of ambushing and killing at least two federal police officers.

Sources are saying he ran the Los Reyes area.

Official announcement to come from Morelia within the hour, maybe some more details.

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

cdg y zetas misma popo
hello chivis.    cannot stop admirring las autodefensas.they are following zapata's legacy of 'es mejor morir de pie que de rodillas'.the government does not have a shred of disency.it has already been shown that untrained and not that equipped autodefensas guys have done more than the mexican soldiers.the cartels are  the money makers for the government so they have to protect thier interests,just think about it.we need people all over mexico like the autodefensas of michoacan to stop all the cartels.so probably that is why e.p.n. wants to stop them.because once they come out of michoacan we more then likely will have a revolution.remember indigenous people were the one that stood up to the government and won,back in the day. well that is my humble opinion hopefully the cartels will feel the presure and minimize their attrocities.chivis keep the good work and long live the freedom of mexico and their beautiful people.

Re: Pena Nieto's Government warns: self-defense forces have 24 hours to lay down their arms

has it happened?  I heard more than one arrests....