Peña Nieto's Administration Tells Mexicans 'Stop Complaining'

Peña Nieto's Administration Tells Mexicans 'Stop Complaining'

DD I think EPN must be using Hillary's PR people.

Mexicans on social media are outraged at a public service announcement released by the government of President Enrique Peña Nieto.

The government of Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto released on Tuesday a new public service announcement telling citizens “enough with your complaints.”

The 30-second video titled “Structural Reforms Carpenters” shows two carpenters who are listening to the radio when a government announcements appears and starts talking about the reforms promoted by Peña.

One of the carpenters says “ya chole” with the reforms, which is a Mexican slang used when you're fed up with hearing something. His companion begins to scold his mate and explains to him how the new reforms have improved their lives and he concludes by saying “ya chole” with your complaints.

The public service announcement has been ripped apart on Twitter and other social networks by Mexicans outraged at what they consider to be the insensitivity of the government of President Enrique Peña Nieto

In response, social media users are using the hashtag #YaChole to vent their frustrations at government corruption.

Mexico is the second largest economy in Latin America, however growth has been stagnant despite Peña Nieto’s promise that he would stimulate an economic revival. He introduced a total of 11 neoliberal structural reforms during his first 20 months of government, but for most observers, it seems that his formula is not working.

The disappearance of the 43 Ayotzinapa students, corruption allegations and numerous human rights violations, have also plagued Peña Nieto’s government.

According to the latest opinion poll conducted by Consulta Mitofsky, President Peña Nieto has a 61 percent disapproval rating.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Pena-Nietos-Administration-Tells-Mexicans-Stop-Complaining-20151013-0026.html

Re: Peña Nieto's Administration Tells Mexicans 'Stop Complaining'

Sounds similar to that other politician after the 43 missing;Im tired!

Re: Peña Nieto's Administration Tells Mexicans 'Stop Complaining'

bolio
That is so arrogant that it is almost funny.  It would be hilarious if Mexico was simply dealing with inflation or a like matter.  However, when you think about this topic coupled with the video of the child getting blown up with dynamite, crying and knowing that he was going to be blown up with dynamite makes these statements absolutely unacceptable.  What the fuck happened to Mexico?  We used to go down there and have a great time.   I once had to bribe a cop $50 but that even gave me a great story.  With such nice people, great food, weather and culture I really cannot understand it.  I am a US citizen and many people do not agree with me on this topic but the US caused this by refusing to legalize drugs.  We just give billions of dollars to psychopaths who cut people up with chainsaws.  You want to predict the future, look at the past.  The Italians thrived for how many years after prohibition ended?  Prohibition gave them an incredibly lucrative product with a high demand and high profit margin.  Because of it they ran certain sectors of at least our local economy for 60 years.  We are just now sort of getting rid of them.  The more money we pump in, the higher the price goes and the more crime is committed to get the funds for the drugs.   They also make these things so much more valuable that criminals have to be hyper violent.  Plus, what about doing drugs is inherently wrong?  What is wrong with taking a substance in your own body?  It is great that someone else gets to determine that for me.  What is inherently wrong with experiencing a different state of consciousness?   If we legalized drugs the violence would mostly go away.  These scumbags would still be rich but at least the hyper violent shit would disappear.  The violence in Mexico is amazing.  If you couple it with the fact that we put a whole generation of people in prison for engaging in activity that is not inherently wrong, what have we really accomplished?  It is a shame and it happened for no reason really.  The pope regularly enjoyed cocaine in his wine.  I just don't get it.  These agencies just get more funding while people in Mexico have their heads cut off on YouTube and our young people rot in prison.......   I have felt this way for about 20 years when some people in the neighborhood started doing their 20 year bids for small time, non violent sales of drugs.   Not for nothing but I majored in sociology in undergrad, became an attorney and got my mba.  The only valid argument I have ever heard about keeping drugs illegal is that it has a negative effect on GDP.  Really, the only one.   That is the only one and it takes about 2 seconds to realize that it is bullshit due to how much money we waste on fighting an unwinnable war.  I am all about creating jobs and all of that but not at the expense of an entire generation.  Plus who gets locked up or murdered?  Poor people.  A few decades ago Utah passed a law which made possession of marijuana an extremely serious crime.   Really, you would get 10 years for a joint or something similar.  The law was repealed pretty quickly because the legislator's children started looking at their bids.    Put the money into schools, or infrastructure or anything else because we are the main cause of all of this sickening violence.  The war on drugs is bullshit.  It is a war on poverty.  I see it everyday, take the plea its only 7 years, you could get 25.  For non violent, relatively small time bullshit.  It is a tragedy.  Sorry for rambling.