PV news

Nuttz

Re: PV news

ThinkTank

Re: PV news

adam2014
think tank,

the man is wanting news for himself and his family as he is in the area.

 if you have something to say just say it. jesus

Re: PV news

Bajadrone-2

Re: PV news

Re: PV news

  jalisco is pretty much calm and red code gone.

I know the Malecón is probably safe, but if it were me I would still be in well actually I would have taken the recommendation of both Mexican authorities and US and stay in (PV) or get the hell out of dodge

did you take photos of the US coast guard in the port?

Re: PV news

Nuttz

Re: PV news

ArmChairIntellect
Hey all so anyone here know more details to this whole fiasco?  Was the operation a complete failure?

Re: PV news

Bajadrone-2

Re: PV news

ToPHeR
Off topic, but I miss Deelucky....I hope everything is ok!

Re: PV news

guasa_001

Re: PV news

so I understand perfectly, the US coast guard was not in international waters?  there were in PV harbor?

Re: PV news

now

ok...because you are new I will say this once.  it will never be about a poster, it is about behavior.  if I reprimand someone or a group it is not your place to critique or add your 2 cents it was never about you..

If you have something to say just email me

Re: PV news

you are correct I meant to send the message to Adam.  I miss read the poster name and was on the move.

Re: PV news

Nuttz

Re: PV news

tuSancho
I live at the other end of the bay from Mismaloya.  I have been here through the whole deal and watching it all from beginning to end.  The clash did not cross the bridge from PV to Nayarit and the fiscalia Policia Nayarit is in full defense mode on the border with Jalisco. (said to be Zeta turf and protected) This morning there was a skirmish of some sort in San Jose del Valle on the route to the sierra which could have been related.  Within PV the security have things mostly on lock and people are staying in or moving around minimally.  The travelers who came early to PV for the puente (long weekend) were more or less trapped without way to get back to Guadalajara. They've left now. I have not seen a quieter weekend here in my village for many years, even in the hot summer.  The national tourists were trapped in Guadalajara.  It is kind of an eerie calm.  It is said school attendance is very light today.  Authorities are (lying through their teeth) telling everyone the situation is under control but the chisme is much different.  There is a lot of concern about Aristotles' complicity.

Meanwhile, one of my thoughts is...  what will develop with the transit route being developed between Jala Nayarit and Puerto Vallarta?  Once this toll road is complete there will be a route running between Guadalajara and PV in 2-3 hours instead of the mountainous two lane road there is now with Mex200 taking 5-6 hours.

For now, I believe the action in the Bahia de Banderas is over. Message delivered and the government aware they have lost control of the relatively safe tourist zone.  At the same time, the entire area is infested with narcos and the hotels are awash in narco$$.  It was Chapo's investment which launched Nuevo Vallarta back in the day.  This is where narcos and politicians come to vacation and make deals.

Re: PV news

tuSancho
Puerto Vallarta has a Navy base and there are constantly Mexican forces ships in harbor and on the water.  The nearby Marietta Islands were once a military target range.  We also have an Army base beside the international airport.

There are constant visiting vessels in the harbor including US military.  That is no signal of involvement by itself.  Carlos Slim parks his mega yacht at the Naval wharf.  Puerto Vallarta is an international port which can take very large ships like the largest of cruise ships.

But in the recent time there have been no observable military movement preceding the attacks on Friday.  My guess is whatever Operation Jalisco was it was more in the sierra territory and to the east of Puerto Vallarta.  In reality, relatively speaking, PV is difficult to reach from any direction because of the ocean and only mountainous two lane roads leading in from any direction.  It was easy to isolate which the CJGN did.

Re: PV news

tuSancho
Crew topside in port is probably pretty normal especially if there is anything ceremonial taking place.  If there is a possibility of them involved in Operation Jalisco it would probably be at sea, not in port.  My guess is that it was a pre-planned visit.

In 1968 I went to Acapulco on the USS Sterett DLG31 on an international visit.  We anchored in the harbor for three days and had liberty the entire time.  Visits to international ports, particularly Mexico, take place all the time.

Re: PV news

Nuttz

Re: PV news

tuSancho
For some things it is hard to tell what is taking place like with helicopters.  If it was Blackhawk I can't wait to see the video.  Where, exactly, and did it fly in and land on the malecon?

Politicians and officials are always flying around in helicopters here, along with Feds and the military.  A lot!  And it is not unusually for them to make landings in impromptu locations...  ball fields, parking lots, ranches, wherever.  When Tepic was heated up after Ney sold the plaza twice he had to shuttle daily from Tepic to Nuevo Vallarta, landing in a parking lot, near where he lived.  He wasn't safe on the highway.
123