PRES CALDERON SPEAKS TO THE NATION-HE SLAMS AND HOLDS AMERICANS RESPONSIBLE-video and transcript

Locked 48 messages Options

Re: PRES CALDERON SPEAKS TO THE NATION-HE SLAMS AND HOLDS AMERICANS RESPONSIBLE-video and transcript

Observer
You don't need to tell me about the mexican educational system: I am mexican. Lots of people study english for years, or so they claim, and still can't write a decent sentence or pronounce correctly. That unfortunately extends to some that even dare call themselves teachers.

Personally, I believe all drugs must be legalized. And I think that legalizing MJ is not enough; the main source of income is not MJ but cocaine...

Re: PRES CALDERON SPEAKS TO THE NATION-SCOLDS AND HOLDS AMERICANS RESPONSIBLE-video and transcript

Observer
Oh come on, this is ridiculous.

Have you ever looked at a map of the American continent? Canada is too damn cold to grow marihuana and coca plants (other than in greenhouses)... Drugs come from Colombia and Peru where they grow naturally, used to be moved through the Caribbean and then Miami until that route got closed by the US coast guard and the tons of money dropped on the militarization of Colombia... which only led to the rise of the Mexican cartels that took over from the Colombians and used the land route instead... Canada is not messed up with cartel violence because Canada is not between the major drug producing nations and the major drug consuming nation... pretty straightforward geography.

And Mexico has next to no production of guns... somebody else manufactures them, among many the US is one of the largest weapons manufacturers in the world (if not the largest) and again due to simple geography, the easiest one to get them from.

This is all fact, not opinion. We're not blaming all of it on the US, but to deny the US has had a massive part in the failed drug wars of the last 40 years is a delusional denial of reality.

And I don't mean to absolve the Mexican government from its corruption and the people from their apathy... but need I remind you the US had plenty of violence during the alcohol prohibition in the 20s?

Re: PRES CALDERON SPEAKS TO THE NATION-SCOLDS AND HOLDS AMERICANS RESPONSIBLE-video and transcript

yankagoot
 actually Canada is famous for indoor cultivation..there is a whole big thing about BC bud ..and also Holland /Amsterdam is the most famous place on earth for pot...and i think it has a lousy cold climate

Re: PRES CALDERON SPEAKS TO THE NATION-SCOLDS AND HOLDS AMERICANS RESPONSIBLE-video and transcript

Viva Paz!
Observer, you may want to spend more time observing. While MX puts more quantity of marijuana over the border, Canada puts quality in pretty damn good quantity over the border but, you dont see them killing one another and throwing family members of people involved in mass graves all over the routes that lead into the US. Also, even if there climate is colder in Canada you can still make meth in labs(Chapo) or even hotel rooms, so your either misinformed or uneducated. What keeps Canada from becoming Mexico is that they have a government with a strong backbone that enforces there laws.

Now on the note of guns, sure we have plenty of guns in America. We have the right to protect ourselves here, we use that right. If you dont like it, too bad. Theres plenty the US hates about the situation in MX between all the corruption and BS but were not going on national television and saying to reform your whole government and judicial system (although that does need to happen). The things is, guns are easier to stop than drugs. Guns are big, metal and they can be detected by dogs esp if they have been fired. If guns in MX was such an issue wouldnt you think MX would employ a form of border patrol just to stop the flow of guns. Seeing as your government hasnt done that, I would assume your government doesnt really see it as a problem.

Like the posters above me said, Mexico has earned this drug war this is karma in its purest form. You can blame whoever you'd like for this situation but none the less it is still Mexico's problem so the people must reap what they've sown.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." -West African Proverb

Re: PRES CALDERON SPEAKS TO THE NATION-SCOLDS AND HOLDS AMERICANS RESPONSIBLE-video and transcript

Hola Jeffe!~

Well I rarely take a stance against you, our fearless leader, and I know you are abundantly fair so here goes.

 So I think Survey was not fairly treated and the situation misread, I think you missed the first couple posts.  I missed the entire war of words but have it in my BB folder as sent yesterday to my email addy.

survery came on and was respectful, non combative and just stated his/her op not to anyone in particular:

survey:

and this from the same man who made anti legalization speeches...inside the USA...legalization and regulation would take a lot of the profit from the Mexican cartels...the USA is very capable of supplying it's own marijuana habit if allowed to do so..and if the rest were legally controlled ..the profit would drop...Calderon speaks with a forked tongue..trying to shift blame ..typical

Guerro:  (first profanity used; referring to survey as stupid fuck)

Where did I blame the United States in this tragedy, show me? Maybe you should think before you answer you stupid f**k! I did mention that as long as the "United States has the same policy of the failed war on drugs its always going to end in failure. What drugs should cost pennies is fueled by the illegal black market. Everyone knows that the United States government is and will always have the last word when it comes to the failed war drug policy." Something Calderon is now asking to be reflected and most like opening to a debate to legalize drug now.

and so it went...there was a point Survey tried to reel in back in without success.

Guerro def started it just as she always does.  She has ripped americans apart using profanity in every thread.  SHe is the instigator.  She comes to disrupt, she is a troll.  I have asked her to not come on my posts if she can't play nice.

Jeffe, if she called you stupid fuck in a non-retalitory circumstance, I KNOW you would be fired up.  there was no reason, no cuase other than to incite.

if anything, both should have been banned for a cooling off period.

I will began highlighting the behavior of this commenter so her crap will not be missed.

thanks

Re: PRES CALDERON SPEAKS TO THE NATION-HE SLAMS AND HOLDS AMERICANS RESPONSIBLE-video and transcript

Legaizing MJ is a start, decriminalizing the others should be in tandem.

Mx ed system is a disgrace.  The teachers union is worse than the US which is saying a hell of a lot!

I can only judge it by the last 10 years, how was it prior to that?

Did you attend private or public school?

University?  In Mx?  or?

The majority of teachers are not certified, undedicated and the decisions and policies are counter productive for student success, such as the new rule:  teachers only have to pass standardized  Proficiency tests by 30%...explantion:  they are there to teach, not take test

well for sure students are, and they are at the lowest test scores in the americas and at the bottom rung for free nations.

thats mexico....and why it will remain in the shitter for many generations

Re: PRES CALDERON SPEAKS TO THE NATION-HE SLAMS AND HOLDS AMERICANS RESPONSIBLE-video and transcript

El Regio
Guerro wrote
Survey are you being for real, when you ask these stupid ass question, I have a few questions for you: ..who gives the money...who sells the guns ..and...why cant American stop consuming so much god damn drugs... Now who looks guilty? This blame game is stupid and Americans like you and Buela try to make the US like its so sweet and innocent in this drug war..when you are part of the problem ...think before you answer.
I don't think anyone is denying that the US is responsible in some part, but to continuously blame the US, that is ridiculous.
He should first focus on solving the problem within his own country, such as the corruption because without it he wouldn't have the current problems they are having.

Re: PRES CALDERON SPEAKS TO THE NATION-SCOLDS AND HOLDS AMERICANS RESPONSIBLE-video and transcript

buggs
I see you don't have any of the messages he erased, I am closing this thread as ts becoming a bitching session.
Borderland Beat
123