PART I: Corruption On The Border: Dismantling Misconduct In The Rio Grande Valley

PART I: Corruption On The Border: Dismantling Misconduct In The Rio Grande Valley

Moros

Re: Corruption On The Border: Dismantling Misconduct In The Rio Grande Valley

Enjoyed the article, thanks for posting. Like to see what smarmy Jonathan Trevino has to say.

Re: Corruption On The Border: Dismantling Misconduct In The Rio Grande Valley

ThinkTank

Re: Corruption On The Border: Dismantling Misconduct In The Rio Grande Valley

katattx
For once, I agree with part of your post! The corruption on the USA side of the border is freakin rampant. Local police and jails, and state prisons are also hotspots of corruption. It's a huge problem, and very dangerous. But I don't think there's a single presidential candidate that can fix the problem. Imo, its in the hands of us locals. We need to report, make a fuss, get involved, and hope we don't get retaliated against!

Re: Corruption On The Border: Dismantling Misconduct In The Rio Grande Valley

TT. You are getting very close to making racist comments.  I don't think you are an overt racist, but you may be what I call a "closet racist".  A closet racist does not ever realize he/she is making racist comment.

"Those people"  is used by a closet racist to describe a class or race of people.

You agree with EPN that corruption in Mx. is a "cultural thing".

And then you say why would "these people"  act any different on this side of the border.    I assume you are referring to US public officials with Hispanic surnames.

You then refer to "these scum" destroying the American dream.   I again assume you are talking about the corrupt public officials with Hispanic surnames.

Well, here is a news flash for you.  The list of all those corrupt public officials on the US side of the border has a lot more Hispanic names than it does names like "Jones", "Smith" or Johnson.  But the reason is not because the people with Hispanic surnames are more corrupt than the "Smiths" is because the population of areas adjacent to or near the border have a very high percentage of Hispanic population.  Many have been there for generations and some since the time Texas was part of Mexico.  And people tend to work close to where they live.

Corruption has nothing to do with a persons name or his culture.  It has to do with greed and greed knows no boundaries or race.