Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

anchor_baby
La Jornada

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

This 1 in English as we like to stick to the language of the blog or translate (hint,hint) along with the link either at the top or bottom of the story.
Reuters
Cartel gunmen chase away security forces, free El Chapo's son
43 mins ago
  
In this AFPTV screen grab armed gunmen take position in a street of Culiacan, capital of jailed kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's home state of Sinaloa, on October 17, 2019. - Heavily armed gunmen in four-by-four trucks fought an intense battle against Mexican security forces Thursday in the city of Culiacan, capital of jailed kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's home state of Sinaloa. (Photo by STR/AFP via Getty Images)
 Heavily armed cartel fighters surrounded security forces and made them free one of drug lord Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman's sons, whose brief apprehension triggered intense gunbattles across the city of Culiacan.

 Security Minister Alfonso Durazo said a patrol by National Guard militarized police first came under attack from within a house in the city, 600 km (370 miles) northwest of Mexico City.

 After entering the house, they found four men including Ovidio Guzman, who is accused of drug trafficking in the United States.

 The patrol was quickly overpowered by cartel gunmen, however, and the decision was taken to withdraw to protect the lives of the National Guard and restore calm in the city, where gangsters had set up roadblocks and were unleashing heavy automatic gunfire, Durazo said.

 "The decision was taken to retreat from the house, without Guzman to try to avoid more violence in the area and preserve the lives of our personnel and recover calm in the city," Durazo said.

 The chaotic scenes in Culiacan, long a stronghold for the Guzmans' Sinaloa cartel, will increase pressure on President Lopez Obrador, who took office in December promising to pacify a country weary after more than a decade of drug-war fighting. Murders this year are set to be at a record high.

 The scenes in Sinaloa follow the massacre of more than a dozen police in western Mexico earlier this week, and the killing of 14 suspected gangsters by the army a day later.

 'El Chapo' Guzman led the Sinaloa cartel for decades, escaping from prison twice before being arrested and extradited to the United States. He was found guilty in a U.S. court in February of smuggling tons of drugs and sentenced to life in prison.

 He is believed to have about 12 children including Ovidio. The U.S. Department of Justice unveiled an indictment against Ovidio and another of the brothers in February, charging them with conspiracy to distribute cocaine, methamphetamine, and marijuana in the United States.

 The indictment gave Ovidio's age as 28, and said he had been involved in trafficking conspiracies since he was a teenager.

(Additional reporting by Stefanie Eschenbacher; Editing by Frank Jack Daniel, Clarence Fernandez and Lincoln Feast)

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/cartel-gunmen-chase-away-security-forces-free-el-chapos-son/ar-AAIY5Wm?li=AAggNb9&ocid=iehp

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

Slappy
Basically what happened is, a routine patrol came across him in his house.  They detained him, but the patrol was too small and the reaction from Guzman's people was huge and overpowered the patrol, who let him go rather than get wiped out.

This is what I'm reading from different sources.
MX

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

MX
That’s the least embarrassing POV. Others suggest that authorities didn’t really bump into him by coincidence. They knew where he was and proceeded to apprehend him. They failed because they underestimated who they were against.

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

North
Durazo said that a military police unit came under fire from à house like if it was a random attack. Thats funny

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

Ciro
I feel very bad for the average mexican citizen who have to endure this crap.  I would consider leaving Mexico until the alt left leader is out of office just my opinion.

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

Routine check, please.  If that’s true, the security for Chapitos needs some serious updates.  It’s always fun when we get an updated picture.  Great work everyone!

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

Mica
There some good footage here https://www.instagram.com/p/B3vQB_sgHqK0b8uPKTW9lvug0KAjZlgF9OAjko0/?igshid=mdjpvphbh5pa

Sorry I am being lazy on vacation and using a phone.

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

Yeah, it was clear it wasn't a routine check, that's just a thin cover story, but everyone knows they were coming for Los Chapitos, per the DEA.  This same thing could have happened when they came for Chapo in 2014.

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

elgordo
The difference was it was in culiacan n heard there was u.s agents involved again like they were there for chapo

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

Having a camera on site and thinking to take the photos is clearing US government involvement.  Sanctions threat is coming soon and it’s justified in my opinion.
Kab

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

Kab
Glad Mexico's face got smeered .

Show the world what a shit hole that place is.  Como my pa siempre dice, "Nosotros Mexicanos, envez de camina por delante, caminamos alrevez como los cangrejos."

Sorry for my bad Spanish writing, never really practice it because you know...... I live in the best country in the world and English is spoken here.

Re: Ovidio Guzmán - Captured and Released in Culiacán.

From Time magazine by Iaon Grillo on this incident.In the article it covers really nothing we don't know already but does give both sides of the argument about AMLO's decision:

https://time.com/5705358/sinaloa-cartel-mexico-culiacan/