Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

SmootheDaHustler
There's a rumor going around that there has been a series of massive shootouts in Moros for the past 2 weeks leaving scores of dead bodies. I've heard it from at least 5 different people that at least 120 to 150 have died and nobody is covering it. It's not even being mentioned in blogs. What's the deal? For sure people would have spoken up about it.

Supposedly the Mexican media has been told to shut up about it or else. What's weird is that not even the american media has made any mention about it. Usually, when there's a skirmish between cartels or the military, word gets around and the media follows through as best they can, but to be totally silent about it? I don't know.

Anybody know what's really going on? My guess it was between the cartels that reside in the area and the military simply showed up to kill all that noise. Confrontations in this city are usually reported to have produced many casualties and we always end up not knowing the real truth because we almost never see any actual pictures. How is it that pictures of massacres across mexico usually turn up for the public to see yet when it comes to moros almost nothing is ever revealed? What is this, a PR campaign?

Re: Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

SmootheDaHustler
Forgot to mention that trucks loaded with dead bodies were seen throughout the city. It is not known who the trucks belonged to.

Re: Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

I don't know if this is true or not, but Matamoros has been known for having lengthy shootouts with massive casualties, and being downplayed heavily in the press.  From forty dead to three.  So, this isn't anything new, however if there is heavy fighting in the city, something is probably happening.  A push by Zeta's or an inner conflict.
AJ

Re: Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

AJ
the war in matamoros is a war of attrition. i've read stories of el lazca moving a convoy of 130 SUV's into the heart of CDG territory. el lazca is a good tactition but this is just balls to send such a big attack without any element of surprise. he has no respect for the CDG and their territory or the mexican military.

CDG better hold on to matamoros. if the zetas take over the matamoros plaza, then reynosa is next. they already claim monterrey. los zetas are proving to me that they are the hungriest of the cartels.

CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

SmootheDaHustler
This is one of the many videos of what it sounded like not long ago on 9-27-11. Check the military convoy at the end. Damn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqHVotImozM

Re: Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

Jack S. Shaw
I'm from brownsville and there supposedly a shootout yesterday in matamoros.   yesterday morning there was smoke rising from matamoros, perhaps from the firefight.  Its the civil war within the CDG between los Metros and los Rojos.    I also heard that there were a lot of dead.

Re: Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

El Regio
CDG is dying from within with all of this infighting amongst themselves. Hopefully we see an end to that cancer soon.

Re: Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

roffasouth
If this is true, then why a internal conflict? It could be zetas who try to take over matamoros/reynosa. Its not even comfired if this is true. I like to see some proof about the internal conflict and the shoot outs.

Re: Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

El Regio
roffasouth wrote
If this is true, then why a internal conflict? It could be zetas who try to take over matamoros/reynosa. Its not even comfired if this is true. I like to see some proof about the internal conflict and the shoot outs.
There have been news stories about the internal conflict of Metros vs. Rojos. That murder in south Texas was inner conflict related.

Re: Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

I heard about such shooting last week...this was an alert from the state department
there were no reports of heavy casulties, but I have not checked libre or tweets from yesterday I will ck later and my staff is calling the consulate in mata, and I just got off the phone with the state department and they have no record of incidents other than the 27th.

They did began listing all Mexican incidents of the past week and WOW.  There are american carjackings just past the bridge in Matamoros and on sept 12th a am lady shot and killed on sept 13th a 13 yr old was kidnapped in Tamps...etc etc etc...

...Paz...Buela

Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens (September 27, 2011)
This emergency message is being published to inform American Citizens about a gun battle that occurred on September 27, 2011, between the approximate hours of 5:45 p.m. and 7:15 p.m.  During that time, heavy gunfire was being reported in different locations of Matamoros including the downtown area.  As of 8:00 p.m., Mexican authorities report a cessation of gunfire and there are no current reports of blockades in the city.  Due to the activity, U.S. Government authorities have advised official personnel to avoid unnecessary travel within the city and we advise American citizens to do the same until 6 a.m. on September 28, 2011.  International bridges remain open for passage.

For the latest security information, U.S. citizens traveling abroad should regularly monitor the Department's internet website at http://travel.state.gov/ where the current Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, and Travel Alerts can be found.  Up-to-date information on security can also be obtained by calling               1-888-407-4747       toll free in the United States and Canada, or, for callers from Mexico, a regular toll line at               001-202-501-4444      .  These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

U.S. citizens residing or traveling in Mexico are encouraged to enroll with our Consulate General through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) via https://travel.state.gov/ to obtain updated travel and security information.  U.S. citizens without internet access may enroll directly with the Embassy or Consulates. Enrollment is important; it allows the State Department to assist you in an emergency.  Those enrollees who wish to receive updated travel and security information must provide an e-mail address as part of their enrollment.

The U.S. Consulate General in Matamoros is located on Avenida Primera 2002, Col. Jardin, Matamoros, Tamaulipas.  The telephone number is (011) (52) (868) 812-4402 and our website is http://matamoros.usconsulate.gov/.

Re: Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

Havana
Seems there are rumors of a whole lot more than what happened on the 27th (as we saw in the video)by reading this forum.  Could fear keep it this quiet.  If so, impressive power.

INTERESTING INFO FROM MATA-Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

I spoke to the consulate agent for a long while, even picked his brain about "dumping" CAs from US to Mx.  jajaja got to get it while I can.  I will say the first agent said they were not allowed to confirm or deny rumors or reports.  I had my assistant call.  then I took action and called and got the agent.  After I ID myself and told him who I spoke to at the State Dept and she told me to call his office number and ask for him directly to get the latest information, well then I got more info than I honestly asked for.

Essentially:  no there were no BIG shootouts since the 27th, at that time the emergency alert went out.  that said it is advised americans not travel to Tamps unless reasons are of emergency nature.

However:

There has been a huge increase in american carjackings in Matamoros.

And though quiet in the press there are daily shootouts in places such as Matamoros but
are generally between federal elements and narcos.  and brief.

something I did not know.  carjackings have taken a turn to target sedans to become less noticiable as everyone looks at SUV and trucks as realted to narco.

I was very surprised that I was give dates and incidents of all American involvement

Ovemex posted on mainboard a month or so ago about the gov being mum about daily firefights in Matamoros...well our government not only said the same to me but also gave specifics in incidents with Americans.  All this hype about secrecy I don't think is reality...it just depends on who you rely on for information.

Re: INTERESTING INFO FROM MATA-Over 150 dead in Matamoros???

Cat-
"everyone looks at SUV and trucks as realted to narco"

That is true. My mindset has been changed drastically with regard to those types of vehicles. Especially if they have darkly-tinted windows.