Orizaba, Veracruz

watcher
I am looking for any information on the area around Orizaba.  Some friends are planning to do some NGO work there within a few weeks and inquired about what to watch out for.  Anyone have any up to date information?

Re: Orizaba, Veracruz

This came out today with Priest Solalinde and Veracruz new Governor.Solalinde says there's mass undiscovered graves in 5 cities and Orizaba is mentioned as 1 if this helps.                                            http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/activist-priest-goes-on-offensive-in-veracruz/?utm_source=Mexico+News+Daily&utm_campaign=006c400db5-March+23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f1536a3787-006c400db5-349512513

Re: Orizaba, Veracruz

I have worked my 501c3 family foundation in the hottest spots in Mexico for well over a decade.

Your best source is the local/regional  catholic church to give you the truth.   And if they have a "Casa Migrante" all the better.  even close by.  Although our foundation assists impoverished, disabled and medically fragile children, after the slaughter of 72 migrants in Tamps, I created a migrant 72 project.  It was the Casa migrantes priests that guided me towards being informed and security measures.

That said, looking at the fosa article posted here,  gives you nothing of the real picture.  Fosas permeate ver, but the majority are old and I just checked with the state department, and not only have there not been one death of an American are you an american?) in Orizaba there has not been a homicide of an American EVER in all of Ver for the past five years ( I checked going back from 2016).

Orizaba i have not been to, but I have acquaintances, teachers, that did live there and had no issues.  I have been to beautiful colonial port city  Veracruz city,  which is about 50 mins away. Love it.

Bottom line be a goo student of security, the priests and US embassy to some degree) can help.  and never become lazy and complacent with your safety.

Once I had a truck load of school supplies to deliver to Reynosa and Matamoros Tamulipas in the midst of daily shootouts.  So I called the embassy told them who I was, and what I was planning, and the name of my foundation.  I asked if I could be privy to incident reports involving Americans for the past 30 days.  They could not send to me, BUT they read it to me, and I saw stunned.  I postponed the trip for 30 days.  but that was the one and only time.

I hope this helps, and thank you in advance for your work.

here are a couple of contacts that may help, I am not sure if the phone info is current, if not ust google the names...

Proyecto Familia Orizaba
Proyecto Familia Orizaba (ID: 213534) Rodolfo Almanza
Mariano Matamoros 1
Orizaba, Veracruz-Llave 94430 Mexico

Phone: 2727088505

and

Diocese of Orizaba
Diocese of Orizaba (ID: 171507)
Roman Rite | Spanish
Orizaba Mexico

Phone: 52 844 414 926 | Fax: 52 844 414 926