Ok question about mochomos n chapo extradition

Ok question about mochomos n chapo extradition

elgordo
Ok just a question let's say these extraditions were illegal what then? Cuz let's face it feds can do whatever I just want to know it's protocol

Re: Ok question about mochomos n chapo extradition

I'm thinking if it's anything like a custody battle,like a cop said to me,'possession is 9/10's of law' so maybe it can be sorted out AFTER Chapo has done his time in US even if only 1 charge sticks.

Re: Ok question about mochomos n chapo extradition

In the case of foreign nationals brought to the US to stand trial, just about anything is legal and allowed. In the case of Humberto Alvarez Machain, the doctor accused of keeping Kiki Camarena alive long enough for more interrogation, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that he could be put on trial.

This was despite the fact that he was kidnapped in Mexico by mercenaries, then drugged and taken across the border and handed over to the Americans. Alvarez was eventually freed by a judge and he returned to Mexico, but only because of a lack of evidence.

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-dea-camarena-20150226-story.html

Re: Ok question about mochomos n chapo extradition

I have it on good legal  advisement of the following :

Mochomo

There is no indication that the Mexican government, before or after the extradition, agreed to the additional charges that the U.S. is trying to add to Mochomo's during sentencing. That fact, and Mochomo's guilty plea, gives Mochomo a solid argument that his due process rights are being violated because he has never been given the opportunity to defend himself against the additional charges. In short, if the court allows the prosecution to add charges after Mochomo's guilty plea, Mochomo will have been convicted of those charges without a trial.

Chapo

Chapo has entered "not guilty" pleas to all the charges, including the new ones, so his chances of getting convicted on either old or new charges have not increased because of the new charges. Besides, the addition of new charges did not affect Chapo's rights in Mexico since his petition for an amparo had already been denied. So, the additional charges were and are irrelevant in the Mexican government's decision to allow his extradition. His motion to dismiss the indictment on due process grounds will be denied.

Re: Ok question about mochomos n chapo extradition

elgordo
Thanks chivis 4 the info. So pretty much it's fair game n they gonna get the hammer

Re: Ok question about mochomos n chapo extradition

yes...BUT Mochomo's case is promising, and it is because he pleded guilty without a deal.

So even though he will do time, if you look at the bare bones indictment check at my scribd page) then his sentence should be favorable.

I should also state that he has other favorable aspects in sentencing.  He has only contended one fact, that he was never a leader, and said as much when entering his plea in court.  also the time spent in mexico prison.