Off Topic: EZLN targets AMLO

leChef

The Zapatista Army of National Liberation ( EZLN ) prepares a project that would tentatively be called Network of Resistance and Rebellion, as a new way of opposing some of the most important projects of the government of Andrés Manuel López Obrador.

This is about to be 25 years after its armed uprising, and it has not been officially discussed with any federal administration for 16 years.

The Zapatista leadership is meeting these last days of 2018 in the autonomous town of Guadalupe Tepeyac, Chiapas, with sympathizers and organizations from different parts of the country that supported the candidacy of María de Jesús Patricio Martínez , Marichuy , as spokesperson of the Indigenous Council of Government (CIG).

Since last October, the EZLN held meetings with the CNI and the IGC to analyze the current scenario. In a text drawn up together they concluded that the new government emanating from Morena threatens the Binniza, Chontal, Ikoots, Mixe, Zoque, Nahua and Popoluca peoples of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec with their transisthmian projects and the expansion of the Economic Zones, as well as the Mayan people of the southeast with their train project.

Source:
https://politico.mx/minuta-politica/minuta-politica-gobierno-federal/ezln-pone-en-la-mira-amlo-y-proyectos-con-red-de-resistencia/

Re: Off Topic: EZLN targets AMLO

Podrido
Wow! Can't say I expected to see the Zapatistas in the news in 2018/19. Though I've long heard rumours they still wield great influence in Chiapas, which could be why there isn't much Cártel news out of there either?

Will be interesting to see what they're intending to do.
Just a lurker.

Re: Off Topic: EZLN targets AMLO

there is more to this.  I am in communication with chiapas and was invited to meetings.  They sent me some articles.  I may post

Re: Off Topic: EZLN targets AMLO

they have never gone away!  I have worked with them for about 6 years or so.  it ain't easy penetrating the wall of mistrust.  I had to go in with my friends who have worked with the caracols for years.

my grandmother is Mayan and that went a long way.  they are good people.  and have been so abused.  even today years after the fake treaty

they are mostly in San Cristóbal de las Casas and surrounding area-BEAUTIFUL country!

Re: Off Topic: EZLN targets AMLO

Podrido
I'm glad to hear they're still around! I've always been quite fond of the Zapatistas, I have several books on them but I haven't finished them all just yet.

They seem very genuine though, and very much like all that they do is in self defence of themselves and their culture. I'd love to see some articles on this if you've got them!

P.s. I didn't seem to catch your follow up email before, do you still want me to send you articles to post, or are you guys good now? I'm happy to do that + post more on forum. 😊
Just a lurker.