OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

Baggy
Wondering what people think and if i should bother to publish it on BB or not.. It is mostly a list of facebook users, anon claim these guys are zeta lookouts,scouts etc..w/e
I just don't wanna post it up and then get bitched at for i dunno,some stupid shit like other peoples privacy!!Lol cuz if the last few months have shown us anything is that privacy no longer exists.. anyways.. what ya'll think?

ok after more searchin i have found that they reference a facebook group, gaurd coins?or someshit, the group has been disbanded/removed but all the accounts of the ''hawks'' i have bothered checking are still active.mostly kids so far....

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

aton
You could be risking someone's life. What if they aren't actually halcones? Maybe fine on the msg board but not the front page. Need to be vetted by a verifiable source first I would think.

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

Lala
If they were exposing plaza bosses or sicarios I´d say go for it, being halcones I´d say no, they are mostly kids, often people forced into working for the narcos, lowest rank and disposable, I don´t see the point in exposing them to begin with, I could get it if it was a let´s expose them all thing, but just the halcones? I don´t understand what that anonymous group is trying to do with this.

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

Baggy.  There are several important considerations that need to be thought through before publishing any type of story like that.

First, I believe shining a light on criminality and criminals is very much needed in Mexico.
BUT, there is much noise being made, and hopefully some progress being made in Mexico to change the legal and cultural posture of "presumed guilty" to "innocent until proven guilty".  Accusing someone of being engaged in a criminal activity or of being a criminal is a very dangerous practice without documenting or verifying the truth of the accusations.  Even then, it can be dangerous to the person accused.

Here on BB we have tried to encourage contributors, and even reporters on the main page, to use words such as "alleged" or "suspected" as qualifiers when making a statement about someone.  First, we don't want a lawsuit for defamation against BB and the author if the allegations cannot be proven or if they prove false.  Second the media (BB included) should not convict someone of a crime, that is for the courts.

One other factor is that in the US "defamation" is a civil action.  In Mexico it is a crime.  If you state someone is a criminal (rather than "suspecting of ...) and that person files a complaint alleging defamation, a warrant may be issued for your arrest.  You may not live in Mexico and believe they couldn't do anything to you, but if you ever visit Mexico that warrant might show up.

Chivis has express herself several times about her feelings on Anon.  While recognizing their good intentions, their actions and "disclosures" may be hurting innocent people.

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

Pinchegringo
@ Bags -

Agreed, that is a slippery slope.

On the one hand, although you personally didn't generate the list, if those people are subsequently targeted, it's possible that whomever read your post could've acted on it.

On the other hand, it's public information that you've just redistributed so it's already in the ether.

How many names were on there?

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

_Jack

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

K_Mennem
Some of this information is collected strictly from facebook. They find a kid who has pics with walkie talkies and a Zeta graphic and assume he is really involved. They kid may just be a wanna-be.

I wouldnt post them. They are at the bottom of the totem-pole regardless,

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

MellowYellow
No don't do it. If one of those people get killed cause of it and end up being innocent, their blood will be on your hands

Lala
Yeah, it´s at local level where halcones might be put in danger, I don´t think Baggy posting that info here would mean any extra risk to them

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

_Jack

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

Lala
Agreed, as if they didn´t know where halcones come from and what position they play, if they were reporting narco activity as it happens, like other pages do, to prevent people from heading into a shootout without knowing and stuff like that I would understand it, it would serve a purpose, but that´s not what they do, what is next, exposing those who pay extortion fees?

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

@Jack and Lala.  If it turns out to be just supposition and speculation and someone is injured, either physically or just to their and their family's reputation, how do you apportion blame?

Is it Anon solely to blame for starting the speculation and rumor or are those that spread the rumor even more widely equally responsible?

Where did you learn about the list?  From FB or BB?

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

_Jack

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

Lala
You do have a point, but at the same time I think with said possible risk coming from Acuña itself I´d think the source would be the local anonymous group rather than BB, in any case doesn´t matter, I already said I don´t think it should be posted here.

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

@Jack.  I don't know the defamation laws in the UK, but in the US, newspaper publishers would love it if what you said was true here.  Newspapers are held liable and publishers have paid millions in damages because they published defamatory stories (even if the reporter or writer did not work for the paper).

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

_Jack

Re: OK... so anon have published a list of ''zeta halcones'' in acuna

Baggy
Ok, guys i did some checking.. sussed out as many of the profiles on the list that free acuna dropped on pastebin, And after having seen that ALOT are just young girls,young single mothers and wannabe's ill leave the list where it is,shouldn't be hard to find if you guys want to see it for yourself but just leave it where it is i thinkn,the more i thought of it the more i was like... fuuuuuuuuuckit im not gonna do el chapo gooosemans dirty work..

Sure some on the list seem like the type of brat who would stab an old man over $20 just to get some zetaweed or someshit, but yeah not enough of them look like punks for me to want to see em all dead...