Notable CDG Leader "El Pantera 16" Arrested

Notable CDG Leader "El Pantera 16" Arrested

Itzli
As reported by El Norte:

Yesterday the Federal Police detained in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco a Víctor Manuel Pérez Rico "El Pantera 16" or  "El Comandante Viento", one of the regional leaders of the Gulf Cartel that is identified as a generator of violence in Tamaulipas.

Renato Sales Heredia, National Commissioner of Security, said that the capture of Pérez Rico, one of the priority objectives of the Federal Government, is the result of an investigation and tracking for over six months in Tamaulipas, Guanajuato, and Jalisco.

"The work of the Federal Police, in coordination with the Attorney General of Justice of the Government of Tamaulipas, discovered that the target settled in the city of León, Guanajuato, from where he directed his criminal operations", said Sales.

Upon determining that he was located in a low risk zone, the federal agents apprehended him without a single shot, added the commissioner.

According to the official, "El Comandante Viento" is an former municipal police officer that is wanted for crimes against health, organized crime, homicide, kidnapping, extortion, fuel theft, and livestock theft.  In addition, he is identified as allegedly responsible for the drug trafficking logistics to the United States border.

Currently the suspect has accumulated three arrest orders in Tamaulipas, for which last night he was transferred to Ciudad Victoria to be place at the disposition of local judges.

33 years old and originally from Reynosa, Pérez Rico joined the Municipal Police in 2007 when the now governor of Tamualipas Francisco Javier Garcia Cabeza de Vaca was the mayor of that city, he belonged to the Group of Immediate Reaction, however sometime later he deserted and joined the ranks of the Gulf Cartel to which he was already a member during his service as a police officer.

Accoring to information from the Federal Police, the former agent rose through the ranks of organized crime until he became the regional leader in the municipalities of Aldama, Soto la Marina, Abasolo, and Jiménez.

Re: Notable CDG Leader "El Pantera 16" Arrested

leChef
Good find, Itzli. They are taking their targets seriously now it seems.

Here is a current picture:

Re: Notable CDG Leader "El Pantera 16" Arrested

Any details on where he was staying in Vallarta during his vacation?

I'm kind of skeptical on the timing of everything. Any information on the relationship between "El Pantera 16" and "R3" of Tampico as in are they enemies or allies or unknown?

Re: Notable CDG Leader "El Pantera 16" Arrested

leChef
Back in 2015ish, when Nuevo Rojos were called Fresitas, they were fighting to take Viento's plaza on the stretch from Abosolo to Aldema. But Viento had the backing of Cyclones.

It was also said that it was a play by Ciclon 7 to let the Panteras go wild on Fresitas territory and then give it back to secure support before the big war with L98. It is very likely that Ciclon 7 and Chive struck a deal because there were many Tampico groups joining in for Grupo Michelin to defend Matamoros.

I would think Pantera 16 and R3 have some sort of understanding.

Re: Notable CDG Leader "El Pantera 16" Arrested

Itzli
Thanks, I remembered that Pantera 16 and R1/R2 were fighting, but since their arrest and the rise of R3 I have gotten the impression that Tampico is aligned with Matamoros, but I have never seen any clear information to indicate this is the case.

So here's my train of thought, in the days prior to the arrest of "Pantera 16" it was revealed that a cousin of Governor Cabeza de Vaca, Eduardo Monge Castillo, had been kidnapped and released following a ransom payment. Thereafter, a photograph of him holding a message signed by "R3" began circulating online. As "Pantera 16" and Cabeza de Vaca both originated in Reynosa, I am considering the possibility that "Pantera 16" was actively involved in the kidnapping and having "crossed a line", he was arrested.

Re: Notable CDG Leader "El Pantera 16" Arrested

leChef
@Itzli: That is an interesting thought, but R3 was also one of the most vocal people about Cabeza de Vaca being corrupt, stating that he paid him a lot of money and didn't get anything but an arrest.

Source:
https://www.sdpnoticias.com/local/tamaulipas/2016/02/03/dice-narco-que-financia-a-cabeza-de-vaca

Here is the poster you are talking about for others to see:

Re: Notable CDG Leader "El Pantera 16" Arrested

Itzli
You're absolutely correct, R3 has been very vocal against Cabeza de Vaca so in all honesty "El Pantera 16's" arrest most likely has nothing to do with it, I'm just getting cynical about Gulf Cartel arrests.

Re: Notable CDG Leader "El Pantera 16" Arrested

leChef
@Itzli: Continue being cynical. The arrest happened for a reason for sure.

Re: Notable CDG Leader "El Pantera 16" Arrested

What's with the garbage bags on the walls covering up the colour of the walls?Was he executed after this photo?