Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

   TRUTH BE TOLD
truth be told, "protesto Chilangos" ....they await what is trending and then jump on the ban wagon until the next hot trend.

truth be told also, the normalistas and indigena are proud people, protesting marching both with dignity and unruly frustration for years.

truth be told, there were 51 killed by attacks in iguala on September 26th, it is as though 99% of the ban wagoners don't even know what the hell they are protesting......truth be told they don't give a rats ass about the normalistas or impoverished, indigenous peoples..

Truth be told up until 10 days after September 26th I could not shame many journalists to run the story.  "50 MURDERED IN IGUALA WHERE IS THE INTERNATIONAL PRESS????"  I cried out on twitter and all social media.  BB posted the story 10 hrs after the first word got out, when pepe and I were still piecing facts together.  "Pepe"  I asked "what the hell is the deal with the mayors wife?  people on the ground are writing to me saying it was her fault"  and "Pepe what is the deal of the activist killed in 2013?"

connecting the dots.

truth be told BB has posted over 50 posts in the past 11 months of the situation in Iguala.

truth be told, normalistas were killed in 2012 by police, and 2011.

truth be told in 2013 the infamous mayor personally threatened social activist leader Arturo hernandez..then the next day,   took pleasure in shooting him in the face and again when his body was thrown in a pit.  "You fucked with me now I will take pleasure in killing you..."  the mayor said to Hernandez...the last words he would ever hear.

truth be told, no one is asking "so those 60 bodies discovered in iguala fosas this past month are not the normalistas...well who the fuck  are they????

truth be told no one is writing that over 300 bodies have been discovered in 2 years in iguala.

If the chilangos, who think this is a game, a few days of fun at the zocalo, raising hell, letting off youth steam...if they really want to focus on helping try this out of size:

Osario Chong has long planned to close the normal schools, be rid of those pesty dark skinned people thinking they deserve an education, after all if they are educated how can they be controlled?  How can we rape their lands?  enslave them?

If there are any peoples protesting today, and journalists writing nothing but "43" stories, who really care about the normalistas, their families, their lives, how about writing about the real heart of this issue? in place of dicing the same facts about one incident a thousand ways, tell the world a thousand stories so they may know...in its entirety.

Truth be told the press is doing a shitty job.  They are framing one incident, indeed a horrific mass murder, but by framing one small part of the real story, presenting the story as something out of the ordinary, unique to Iguala, which is inconsistent with the truth.

And chilangos  Protest against Chong, make him accountable, hound Murillo Karam, and EPN.  but most of all ...inform...inform...inform....

#YaMeCanse

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

choco
Agree completely.  By compartmentalizing JUST this one atrocity, it makes it much easier to forget about.

I wish I could be optimistic about things changing.. but just am not.

The problem for me is that the 43 (51) are such a small percentage of the >150,000 mountain of corpses strewn across Mexico...   and the dots need to be connected by the larger global press... but there are many dots in many countries.

The govt at all levels is so entwined with cartels... and rely on their payoffs, don't see a way out really.

As I said on another thread, EPN arresting Mireles and turning Michoacan over to a different cartel to me is the most important story.  Need to cut off the head of the snake.  But even then, it wouldn't change much.

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

Bajadrone-2

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

I belonged to Mecha, and La Raza and became a community organizer for the university students.

it appears if what you are saying is fact, things have taken a huge downward spiral away from cultural identity and pride.  I was fearing that was the case.

In my day, well same goes for all my life, my grandparents did not ASK us to care, be involved, and give back, it was expected of all 24 cousins.  and we all did very well in our various professions, each at its core making a better society and never stepping to far from our roots.

I will say, my grandchildren and children are very aware of what has happened in Iguala, my HS granddaughter called me yesterday and said at school in a class a teacher was speaking about the tragedy.  My granddaughter told her and the class what she knew, her teacher was blown away and asked how she knew so much.  My girl said,  "my grandmother has been speaking about this for over a month and about the normalistas for years."

that's my girl.  I think it is imperative that we are the teachers of our children when society is oblivious

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

Nutcase
You almost made me wanna have a kid on that one Chivis! JeJeJe

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

Bajadrone-2

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

QwikNes
Hi Chivis!

I finally registered  (Hopefully you recognize me!)

I don't have any intel as many of your members here do but I do read as much as possible about the events within the cartels, government, and anything of relative nature. I'm just your average guy who is hurt by all the headlines I read about in my parents birthplace. I try to discuss and inform my friends & family as much as possible about the happenings in Mexico and I really admire all the hard work you and everyone on the board do day in & day out.

I didn't know where else or how to introduce myself in the forums so I just wanted to say hello and I truly thank you all for the numerous news contributions that you all provide daily. I have been a lurker on this site for over a year now and I look forward to possibly assisting with translations and opening the eyes of Mexico's current state to those I interact with daily.
"make it hard to spot the general by working like a soldier"

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

Mexico-Watcher

Chivis wrote
[...]

Te felicito, on your granddaughter... a jewel in your crown.

I have been telling selected friends about the Normalista students since the massacre came to light in BB.  Most gave me an attitude  of fained  interest... like, a silent,  "There he goes again with that shit about Mexico."  This just makes me want to grab them by the collar and force them to see some of pictures and videos of atrocities in my collection.  Anymore, I hardly bother to intrude into their worlds of other concerns to bother them about "far away" Mexico.

Shit, I'm a little cansado now.
Mexico-Watcher

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

Bajadrone-2

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

OMG!  Your avatar!!! Looks like you!  Adorable!..

welcome aboard, we would love to have your help.  Think about it, send me an email, you know the addy...

Paz

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

jajaja  oh nutcase, I can't imagine life without children.  Teen girls I could bypass, but they settle down and become a relationship as adults like no other...

My daughter was a model since 13 and pretty self absorbed for years, did not want to marry or have children.  So damn if that did not change when she became so old she needed 3 IVF treatments before she and her husband hit the jackpot, twins, now 3, a boy and girl.  Being a parent has made her an incredible human being, sensitive to the needs of others in a way she did not experience before.  She was a good person before but this has taken that to a whole different level.

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

That is AWESOME!!!

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

She is amazing.

an animal rights activist and volunteer, graduated #1 in her middle school class with so many scholastic achievement trophies and medallions I could not smiling.  She is an activist for equality, for all humans including same sex marriage which she called me at the age of 9 and asked "may I ask how you voted for prop 8" (same sex marriage) and said "whewwwwww" when I said of course I believe all humans should have the same rights.  She wants to take over the family foundation in Lat Am one day.

She is our jewel.  And so damn adorable.

about the people that give you "the look"
I know that look.  but just present stuff now and then and one day someone will ask more and will ask "where can I read more"  etc.

When I was getting my treatments 4X week, I would wear my BB hat often.  I had said I wrote on a blog but never said anything more.  I did take a couple of articles to my main doc.  anyway, one day the office manager of the surgery center facility says "I have a confession to make chivis."  She smiled and says "I found your blog and I love it, it is so good and we are learning so much"  "we?"  I asked.

yup, the nurses are now BB followers.  They are sad I am leaving.  And they do not like it when I post negative comments about me.  Last weekend one of the nurses called a trollito Fuckface!  jajaja I never ever heard her say a bad word, even in private so I was tickled.

bottom line.  Just talk now and then.  and they will come.  I recall once being so mad at a cousin who did not want to hear about Mexico' problems, "its there, we have our own issues"  I printed out a photo of 5 decaps sitting on a car hood in aca, and shoved it in her face, "where the hell do you see this in the US?"

she is now a follower of BB, animal politico, la silla rota, and vice.  and now people give her the look.

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

choco
Excelente!  Sometimes I think it is the people from outside of Mexico who care who will save Mexico from itself.  People living here, at least in the bad areas, are too scared to speak up.... maybe a worldwid spotlight, that doesn't go out, is the solution.  I can dream.

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

QwikNes
Haha, maybe a little bit!

Will do about the article translating. Need to brush up on my spanish a bit first so I don't spanglish the crap out of something.  Hasta Luego!
"make it hard to spot the general by working like a soldier"

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

feeling a teeny bit better......goodnight Mexico..Goodnight world

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

Yeah have the same problems with my friends too.They seemed to be a little more interested when I was driving down there in May but if I said too much they would say why are you going and Id tell them I was going to the safe spots but now I think those few safe pockets left are all being closed in on.

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

ElCampesino
You're right, but you can't blame that too much on the students, the foundation is set when young. Whether it's the patriotism taught in this country's school system or willful blindness or even perhaps the fact that their parents were so damn busy breaking their backs working to where they had no time to sit and share the beautiful culture and tradition of a country that is being put to sleep...it's a mixture of everything and the fact that it's so much more convenient to ignore it than to act on it...I do like your words and your mentality.

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

I thought I would share one of my social media outbursts of frustration.

we were the only news website reporting on Iguala I even sent messages to "the big guy" journalists that I communicate with...the only response I got was a feeble "Oh I know it is sad"

here was one of my tweets...I sure wish it wasn't just a trending thing, and that journalists would tell the whole story,

Re: Normalistas coverage and protests.....Truth Be Told....

Rubbertoe
Ya Chivas. Remember you are like the torreador.  You wave the flag to geet attention for the bull to charge and he passes you to plow into the media, hopefully trampling a few on the way.
12