[Noob Question] - Ranks?

TonyMichael
Hey there everybody,

I've been watching this site for about a year, and I've
barely noticed that there was a forum here .

Anyways, I apologize for the upcoming question. I'm new to
this forum and the information about the narco world (besides talking
to my family in Mexico on the phone and cousins during our drunken nights).

I was wondering what some of these ranks mean:
"H7"
"1"
"R5"
etc...

I've seen them on many articles including some here on this very site.

I was wondering if this was an error because some of the websites I go to
such as Narco Noticias, I use my Google Chrome translator.

I'd love to get some insight and some education on it, that way i'm not so confused.

Best Regards,
Tony

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

Baja X
Tony

Those are not ranks they are so called call signs/nicknames of sicarios (hitmen). How they get the names i have no idea.

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

Jack Hawkins
Those are 'aliases', Tony.
They represent specific individuals, more so than their 'rank'.

Using Los Zetas as an example. The original leaders were identified ...

Arturo Guzmán Decena, the 'Original Zeta' was known as 'Z1'
Rogelio Gonzalez Pizana, 'Z2'
Heriberto Lazcano Lazcano, he was 'Z3'

The Trevino brothers, Miguel Angel Treviño Morales who was arrested last summer, he was 'Z40' and the current leader of Los Zetas, Óscar Omar Treviño Morales, is known as 'Z42'.

Each cartel uses their own identifying codes.

In Michoacan they use 'nicknames. as aliases.
Servando Gomez Martinez, aka "La Tuta" or 'El Profe'.

The most famous of the drug kingpins, Joaquín Guzmán, is 'El Chapo', is sometimes referred to as H1, I think.

To follow the game, you gotta have a scorecard.
There does not seems to be one readily available for public consumption, though Boris Bandanov, aka Chris Covert, has it all down, translated into US English, in four volumes.

The last of which being available for free at the top of the forum page. I would highly recommend downloading the PDF is you are not an E-book user. If you do use E-books, download whichever format your device uses.

Hope it helps.

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

start by reading all cartel bios in the front page then it will make sense

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

ToPHeR
I thought the H's were used by the BLO? So Chapo wouldn't use an H?

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

Pariente
Well I wouldn't say they couldn't use H's. Chapos people have used F1, R1, R5, M1, M2, JT, etc.... Sometimes it's just their first letter of their names and a number to identify themselves in the organization and sometimes it's just a number itself.
" La palabara es plata, el silencio es oro "

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

Jack Hawkins

Maybe 'El Chapo' is H1 maybe not.

Is Guzman even alive?
Who saw him last, and where?

It is a five million dollar question, isn't it?

Trying to flesh out the motives for intramural assassinations, gang wars and such.
It is an interesting hobby.
But the real story is not which gunman controls Agua Prieta, today.

The real story is who profits from the trade. Which banks, which investment houses, which governments aid and abet the multibillion dollar industry that has been created by government policies.

How large multi-national corporations profit from the misery and despair of the common people all across the globe.

How Televisa, Libeman Communications, Carlos Slim and Bill Gates and others of the 'Rich and Powerful' all are involved, at the top end of the food chain.  To me, the interesting story is that Oaktree Capital Group is the money behind the Libeman television network that puts the daughter of 'Kike' on their programing.

Follow the money. It leads to the power, if not the glory.

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

let me spoon feed you for a little boys you are aware that cartels use radios not cellphones for communication right are.you guys familiar with 10-4 means affirmative their are sevral codes that mean something 10-9 means our breaking up
 or repeat that  there is even a  code to go potty thats why cartel members use  these codes to identify themselves sounds more proper than que ke no te oigo ke dices keque depending what cell they belong they chose their codes most of the time
they go by for instance the guy commanding the cell they will use the persons first letter that his name begins  with. they dont always go by that los antrax go by el 1 23456 without a letter in front its meant to be a code to idenify yourself not a nickname

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

deelucky1
you guys are also confusing nicknames with radio numbers JT H2 M1 are not radio numbers that kills the purpose of the radio code

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

deelucky1
when you dont understand a code just ask who the person is im pretty sure someone will give you an answer and read .more if your.really intrested that way you can have your own opinion dont be lazy and let people ex plain to you

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

Lucky is correct.  They use nextels, however they also use blackberries.
It came out in the Trevino trial we covered, Mamito said they use blackberries because of the privacy feature.  A feature not available in the US.

DEA loves the nextels as they can listen in.  That is how they discovered Chapo had a hearth issue, recently, and had to seek hospital attention.

as for the noob question...on the main page there is a red and dark blue band at top, in there is good info for narco newbies.  Some like the cartel info needs an overhaul, but at least it is a platform to begin.

when you google something, even a name or alias, always note "narco war" " narco" "Narco Guerra" "Mexican Drug War" or "Mexico".  or else nothing much will come up.

and lastly, narcos don't copyright monikers-alias-codes
so there will be many of the same name in the lower ranks in different cartels.

welcome to forum thank you for your interest

paz

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

its a combanition of both   just didnt want to get them more confused obviosly there are no cell towers in the sierras and los montes some ranchos dont have them at.all there was an article not to long ago there  where the zetas had their own radio towers pretty hard to infaltrate and listen in not saying it cant be done but equipment pesky local faderal and state.police I doubt have but when inthe city yea the nextels very popular in mexico nextel is still going strong in mexico that died out inthe usa when the flipphone era was still around

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

deelucky1
the A.D  have the  templarios frequency channel they go at it insulting each other everyday

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

TonyMichael
Thanks for the replies. This clears up a ton.
Thanks guys!

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

ToPHeR
How "private" are the Nextels if the DEA can tap in?

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

deelucky1
what the lady met to say is the blackberry phone the radio nextel version is the only phone on the market that has a private feature when turned on dea cant unscramble the code to listen in

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

El Doble J
El Chapo has never gone by the alias "H1" he has always been known simply as Chapo and just in recent years "El Tio" o "El Padrino" have been used to refer to him. He was last seen a month ago in Culiacan private party with Mayo and Azul also in attendance. How I know you may ask? I know the groups that played for them and they're pretty open about it when asked. I think these groups are more thrilled to play for them than actually selling out an arena.

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

Cuidado
They hear Chapo at times on phones..its triangulating his exact position they have trouble with. I read that somewhere recently in an article.  Its an advanced voice recognition system the United States uses..

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

I said DEA listens to NEXTEL's

BLACKBERRIES are used by capos and lieutenants because of the privacy feature, all history is erased permanently .  This came out in the trevino trial in testimony by mamito, but long rumored to be the case

Re: [Noob Question] - Ranks?

realme1990
It used to be ranks but now they are more like aliasas. Well at least in the Gulf and Los Zetas were now they are more like nicknames or codes to bexact. Each boss has multiple nicknames or aliasas to confuse the authorities and enemies. Lazcano has the Z-3, Verdugo others I cant think of same with Zeta 40 or Miguel Angel Trevino. It varies from place to place or location to be exact.
"If it quack like a duck shoot it"
12