No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

leChef
I wanted to post a valid question from Aussie Observer, who wrote this comment under the El Coss article on the front page, which Chivis responded to and passed on.

Aussie Observer: Chivis first off Love your Hard Work and Dedication to keeping us informed
I have a question....Why is it that everytime somebody big is Charged it's Always Coke and Weed but Nobody ever seems to be Charged in these Big Cases for Heroin??
It seems like it is rarely ever mentioned for some reason.
Heroin is an Insidious Drug I was Addicted for a Number of years and struggle everyday for the Last 9 years to battle and stay clean as I know 1 taste and I would become a Disgrace yet again.
So I know the Damage it causes first Hand so I don't understand why they never charge them for it instead it's always Coke and Weed.....So why do you think this is??

Chivis: Damn good question Aussie....! maybe someone can weigh in.

BTW hate what is happening in AU. and the animals! 500k killed. I just learned that Au has an almost all volunteer fire fighting force.

Unpaid force....incredible.

That is to say, El Chapo was charged with heroin importation and distribution in the US, and there are several others too, but to me it seems like cases like El Coss are based on old charges, and looking at cases like "Project Reckoning" which targeted the Gulf Cartel in 2008 the amount of heroin is relatively small compared to the other drugs: "Project Reckoning has resulted in the arrest of 507 individuals and the seizure of approximately $60.1 million in U.S. currency, 16,711 kilograms of cocaine, 1,039 pounds of methamphetamine, 19 pounds of heroin, 51,258 pounds of marijuana, 176 vehicles and 167 weapons."

Could it have something with the shift in drug consumption and that we will see more cartel operatives charged with heroin counts in the future?

Source:
https://www.justice.gov/archive/opa/pr/2008/September/08-ag-824.html
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2020/01/cdg-jorge-costilla-sanchez-aka-el-coss.html
MX

Re: No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

MX
Thanks for answering. It was a great question and also a great response from you. Have you responded on the main page too?

Re: No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

El17
Yea heroin is no joke.  Maybe it has to do with the volume.  10 ton coke busts have happened. 1 ton busts of heroin just doesn't happen.   I think they smuggle heroin little by little.  Chapo was recorded talking  to the twins about a 20 kilo heroin deal.  I believe the twins asked for a discount on payment.  Where coke is shipped by the ton.

Re: No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

No, I didn't respond on the main page. I thought maybe I could get some qualified answers from the good people here, and then get back to the main.

Re: No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

@EL17: There have been ton-seizures of heroin too, but maybe not so much in the US. I mean, if the market demands, the distributors will deliver. It begs another question though, how does volume VS market value weigh in on a court case?

Re: No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

Parro
Interesting discussion on heroin.

In comes in different types of weight and methods.  In Nam it was cadavers.  I hear you could take the product from the Golden Triangle - Laos, Cambodia, Viet Nam, put it into a cadaver, zip the bag and ship off to the good old USA.  Upon delivery, those associates that removed the cadaver, would take the product and put it into the market.  This was the first China White.

Later, Mexican tar came across.  First it was unprocessed opium gum that came across.  I heard, sweet smelling smoke, beautiful high.  You would think opium dens, China, San Francisco and Culiacan.  This product, was thick, had a wonderful smell and looked like a turd.

Later, that became a powder.  This powder, hooked users.  I know people that have injected this product for 40 years.  It amazes me, but as any substance, at a certain level, you can only feel normal.  This powder, then became kilos.

Those kilos were cut and distributed.  It was alot and found those groups on the street corners, that were users.  You looked around and there were many street corners.  Mathematics kicked in, and you got the picture.  A lot of heroin, users and no news.  Easy to smuggle, distribute and partake.  Remember cassettes?  They were packed with smack going over the bridge.

Atomic, a lot of power in a small package.

Re: No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

Aussie Observer
Thanks alot for the very informative Answers
This forum is filled with intelligent, helpful people and is the first forum of of the numerous I have been in that you can ask a question and people weigh in with their insights without the personal and just general Bullshit.
I'm proud to be on this forum with intelligent individuals
Sorry if I rambled on....Much Love And Respect to all from the Land Down Under and please keep us in your thoughts because we are really going through Hell right now and there doesn't seem to be a end in sight unfortunately

Re: No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

Parro
This post was updated on .
Good to hear this week Pink, Nicole and Keith. . Aussie - so sorry for your continuing loss - -

Looking across the Torres Strairts to the Great Barrier Reef from southern Sulawesi.  The reefs . . . sharks, rays, nudibranchs.  That's New Guinea below Denpasar, Bali.

Going to the current news, large!  Denpasar, mo-ped bomber, over 200 killed in a disco by the Indonesian Mullahs.  there the next week, passed the carnage, smoke and wondered what it all had come down to.  So many Aussies exterminated for what?  A good time?  Bali, Kuta, in a western disco??  You take a plane out of Denpasar, and head south.  Where?  Don't know, but where you stay. over the Torres Straits, Australia.  You learn, Kiwis are not Aussies.  You understand that these people in these lands, are special.  Kiwis (Zealanders)  and Aussie's, have a great competition between themselves in a friendly manner.  And then the volcano and the fires.

God bless both New Zealand and Australia.  Please keep those aborigine horns ablow'in -  We are tuned in and unbelievably sad about those events. . . .  and more, willing to help in any way -

Re: No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

Magnetsifeelem
No no no...u got it all wrong.  They do that too keep the demand high which in turn keeps the price high...they literally send not enough black to go around so people are always fighting over trying to get whatever but they can.  Whereas with meth you have an overabundance which is why it's so cheap...

Re: No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

blanco puro
Magnetsifeelem - you can only control the price if you can control the supply and in a country the size of the USA with so many "doors" of entry, you cannot control supply, so by sending less, you only make less. The cartels send as much as they can of any drug, even if it means warehousing it north of the border wherever it lands.
In the entire thread there has been no mention of AFG/PAK heroin and that is the variable which determines prices, because it is as good as china white, and cheaper. That region produces what, close to 80% or more of the world's heroin?? so they are the WHALES, who control price globally. Mexico can send as much heroin as they want, just as they send meth, and the price would drop because over over supply, except that the quality of mex heroin is substandard so the price of china white and afg/pak heroin always manages to stay higher

.....and then along came FENTANYL rendering mexican heroin obsolete
This is what the cartels deal with now. The ones still chasing heroin in mexico aren't cartels, they are smaller gangs taking what scraps they can, and the volumes they send north are irrelevant

Re: No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

Aussie Observer
Australia doesn't see Tar we see China White and also a more brownish heroin that is from the Afghanistan and Colombian Heroin as well.
As for controlling price Australia saw had a bad heroin shortage early 2000s where the price jumped by over 500% while purity dropped which was said to be happening as the Heroin was held back by Asian Gangs to drive the price up and they did.
Price and availability have bee stable for 10 yrs but is plummeting again which will see another drought and more violence.
Afghanistan/Pakistan has its own unique taste when injected almost a Dirt taste and some users prefer it

Re: No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

Aussie I made a donation to the Australia Salvation Army and the Animal Rescue..BUT I would like to give a generous donation to the volunteer fire fighter...directly to them.  I can't do that from here because of a postal code that is asked for I tried my zip code and it was rejected.

My son was slated to go last week, he volunteered and has been a FF, Engineer and captain but was not allowed to go because of his position as PIO and the western team that designs the attacks on big fires.  He argued that he is the type that can be most useful...but was told there is no longer a "fire season here" it is year round

People don"t realize that Australia has an almost all volunteer fire department throughout the country.

UNPAID

that is AMAZING!

if you could find out for us how to directly contribute from the U.S. I will post in on mainpage and social media

I see that over half BILLION animals have perished....sad AF

Re: No heroin charges for Mexican cartel operatives

Aussie Observer
Your very Generous Chivis.
I'm not really the Religious Type but these Fires are Apocalyptic and Terrifying, it's something 1 imagines the end will look like.
The scope of Pain and Suffering is Heartbreaking and with so many people and Helpless Animals been affected it's Horrific.
You are right that we have a Very Large Volunteer Section that fight and are Salt of the Earth people that just want to Help others and it's Sad that we have already Lost a few of these True Heroes and our Summer is a long way from being over, we can only hope that there is some Miracle around the corner and it Ends.
Its 4.45am here now so I'm getting a few hours sleep before Heading back out to Fight so once I arrive I will ask My Strike Team Leader and Find out How it can be Done and will let you know