No More Gruesome fotos...update...another viewpoint

No More Gruesome fotos...update...another viewpoint

CARTOON TRANSLATION... “So we’re not going to be able to portray criminals as if they were heroes?” “Does that include ex-presidents, governors, police chiefs, and businessmen?”

UPDATE TO THE ORIGINAL POST WHICH REMAINS BELOW;
So I saw this today and it gives another viewpoint.  I am not in favor of this pact becoming law it should be a voluntary pact.  This article says Televisa was behind it, its an interesting story and an interesting twist...

http://www.narconews.com/Issue67/article4341.html

Original post below:
I personally think it does not cross the line of freedom of the press I think more so it goes to ethics,
No more gruesome pics of dismemberment and beheadings
Among other key points, the accord says news organizations should:
* Protect the rights of victims and children involved in the violence and never release information that puts them at risk.
* Treat people arrested as suspects rather than presume they are guilty.
* Not publish or broadcast information that endangers police and military operations.
* Report any violations of human rights by government security forces
* Encourage citizens to report crime and help reduce violence without putting themselves at risk.
Mexico's president Felipe Calderon has welcomed the agreement. "Media participation is crucial in building state security policy," his office said in a statement.
The international Committee to Protect Journalists said the agreement was "a national breakthrough that could set professional standards well into the future".
http://lta.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idLTAN2418319420110324

Re: No More Gruesome fotos...Mexican Media signs pact

remember it is not a law, just an agreement between most media but there is still a few majors that did not sign

see this link;
http://www.journalism.co.uk/news/mexican-news-outlets-sign-crime-coverage-pact/s2/a543399/

Re: No More Gruesome fotos...update...another viewpoint

same as honduras and guatemala.
thank you for the other viewpoint