New book claims Mellado/z-9 is still alive

New book claims Mellado/z-9 is still alive

IVAN CHESNOKOV
https://vanguardia.com.mx/articulo/nos-han-mentido-en-tema-de-narco-autor-de-libro-sobre-los-zetas

google translator
If the person with whom I spoke told the truth, many lied, ”warns journalist and writer Ricardo Raphael before revealing the origin of his first nonfiction novel,“ Son of War. ” His attention call takes on Dantesque dimensions when he says that, to make this book, he interviewed a person who calls himself Galdino Mellado Cruz, a co-founder of the criminal group “Los Zetas” and who the government left for dead in 2014.

“They have lied to us so much in this story (of drug trafficking), it has been so theatrical and has been so made up that it is difficult, at this point, to know what is true,” says the author.

The publication of Ricardo Raphael, available from this week under the seal of Seix Barral, is the result of the conversations he had with the alleged “Z-9” in the Chiconautla prison, in the State of Mexico. The criminal would have entered that prison with another name to keep under profile: Juan Luis Vallejos de la Sancha.

El Universal's collaborator's book also stars Galdino Mellado and explores the origin of the violence that Mexico is experiencing. The author admits that the project began as an investigative report, but that he had to go to the literature because he could not corroborate everything that was reported to him by the "walking dead".

How do you hear about Galdino Mellado Cruz?

-A good friend told me that he had been in Chiconautla and that there was a person who claimed to be the founder of "Los Zetas". I went to look for the judicial file in Chiconautla and in fact I was attesting that Galdino Mellado Cruz - or Juan Luis Vallejos de la Sancha - a name he used in the prison - had been prosecuted in December 2010 and would find him there.

Is it possible that it is him?

-I was with him in this prison between 2015 and 2016, but if you turn to the internet there are countless notes that say Galdino Mellado Cruz died in May 2014. How is that possible? [His] file says it's the “Z-9,” but Tomás Zerón and Alejandro Rubido said they found him alone and dead in a safe house in Reynosa. If the person with whom I spoke told the truth, many lied. Around the story of "Los Zetas" there are so many strange things that one can assume that (I spoke) with a living dead.

Did you try to question the authorities about the death of this person?

-Yes, but ... Who announced his death was Tomás Zerón, the one who manufactured the Cocula dump. In May 2014, Zerón de Lucio left Galdino Mellado Cruz for dead in very strange circumstances; By November, Ayotzinapa and Cocula were already being invented. They will assume that I did not have much interest in going to ask Tomás Zerón, I preferred documentary sources.

True or just bs?

Re: New book claims Mellado/z-9 is still alive

Char
I would say bs but I was told that Mellado was involved in a shootout in Camargo, Tamps, where Mellado rescued a comrade but got a really bad injury in one of his eyes more like an ojo de vidrio or glass eye. Also, when Mellado died in Reynosa a soldier in the safe house I think Mellado threw a grenade and killed himself.

A daughter of Mellado works in PGR Reynosa

The operation in which Mellado died or disappeared was a federal operation I think special forces participated.
Panochitas m103 tried rescue Mellado but it was too late. Mellado did get killed or disappear in a perfect time.
This time 2014 was when El Mono right hand of Pakito m77 was killed.

Re: New book claims Mellado/z-9 is still alive

Char
This is one of the last pictures of Mellado el 10 a narco rap was dedicated to him. This picture was taken in his birthday this info comes from a very credible source

I am leaning towards dead
MX

Re: New book claims Mellado/z-9 is still alive

MX
Thanks for sharing! Hard to know these days. But I still think this journalists needs to do a lot more proving. Besides, where did this guy get that Mellado was found "alone" and dead inside a safe house in Reynosa? As far as the sources of that day claim, he was killed in a shootout between security forces and gangsters.

Below are a few images from the Mexican government's investigation following Mellado's death. They had his fingerprints on file since his military days, and they were able to "100%" confirm his death. In the report, all his fingerprints matched. The government extracted blood from the body, but DNA matching was not possible since there were no family members to sample. Authorities kept his DNA file in case there are any future complains. If this journalist really wants to show Mellado is alive, he should find one of Mellado's family members, take him to the FGR, and have them get tested.