New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

This was sent in from a reader who saw it on FB:

Do You Think?

SRG

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

SRG
I think its the real deal everyone is claiming its him from 2006..

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

when I isolated his face small things matched.  the ear lobes and eyebrows for example

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

Siskiyou_Kid
That's him. Who is the guy with him?

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

Alacran
I saw this on facebook too. I'm sure its him, but by the quality of the photo not sure if its recent or older.

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

El_Cuatro_Veinte
Looks like him but dont these guys get plastic surgery often?

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

Mitch Oriso
If it is him its an very old photo.  hair is dense and dark, I'm guessing that at 58 he could be showing some gray.

With a $5 million bounty on his head, he would not be anywhere close to a camera.

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

rikardini
Its fake , just look at the hand on his shoulder . They copied the face from an older picture .

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

From what I know...which is not a lot, but I did covert the photo to ELA looking for obvious tampering.  at first I spotted 2 areas and DUH it was my drop in of BB2013...after getting a clean photo I converted it and all that comes up the uniform grids indicative of conversion from Jpeg to another format like PNG.  It looks clean and uniformally broken down as in each time a copy is made.  Jpeg uses YUV coloring so certain colors will remain prominent such as purple, orange green among others.

Maybe someone else knowing more than I do can take a look but what little I know it looks clean with no rain bowing and the grid looks uniform indicting the photo has gone thru same number of compressions throughout.

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

1992dude
Photoshopped. Like Rikardini said.

Fake picture,  though they did do a good job.

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

ok...so explain...because just now I ran it by someone who knows and gave reasons why it is not a fake.

trying to learn here.  I am guessing you also are an expert or very knowledgeable, uniformity can not achieved by any machine or program.  so what is it you are looking at?

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

1992dude
Both hands on the shoulder, I can tell somebody else was in that picture but they photo shopped "Chapo" in.

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

Cuidado
I voted yes but after reading elgueros post I agree with him.  Its photoshopped. Fake imo.

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

Chingoblng
Wow looks to be real, even the way his front hair comes down on his forehead is the same as his older ones, I assume since everyone is expecting to see a old worn out Chapo that he uses hair color to look younger, its really unexpected and at this point looked good considering his age.

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

Baggy
height is waaaaaay off(ok maybe not wayy off but he looks taller than 5'6). he's called shorty for a reason lol, but looks like he's has work on his teeth if thats his face, Platform shoes? but whats this talk about it being chopped? the hand on his shoulder is the right hand of the guy next to him on the left.. right?you just can't see the guys wrist.. kinda does look like ''Thing'' from the adams family....

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

its him....I was doubtful as well.  I had a uncle that was chapito.  he never took fotos without an "aid in height"  :)

I sent the foto again to another friend  and he says the foto is not photoshopped.  nothing added.  so then I look for matching elements...lower lobes eyebrows etc.  but later, because I have to look up how, I will layer the face photos but it is difficult to do.  and I am no expert.  I am certain this is a real photo.

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

Baggy
Yeh agreed,  but don't waste your time doin anymore photographic forensics, i think its him on a oXXo box for height, he also looks more slim than i expected.. maybe runnin from the few legit generals in the army caused him to keep fit

Re: New Chapo Photo? You Be the Judge

@Chivis.  Not just your uncle.  Dustin Hoffman, Tom Cruise and many other Hollywood stars commonly use a little assistance vertically, either with something to stand on or a trench dug for their costar to stand in during close ups.

DD LOL @ Trench. thats hollywood for ya. alright thanks for the laugh D time for bed, laters all