New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

303
So I take no credit for the "Can Someone Explain The CDG Cartel" thread, but saw how successful it has been so I figured I would see about starting up another one on another cartel that nobody can really seem to understand, but never seems to go away.

About 8 months ago I started a thread about the BLO, stating that I was most fascinated by this cartel as it has been declared dead over and over again. I am still fascinated at the workings of this cartel. It seems they had some of the strongest capos in the narco world with La Barbie, Con Los Ojos, etc.

Mochomo getting out makes this cartel even more interesting as it isn't everyday one of the founders of a cartel makes his return. So what is the latest with this cartel? Has Isidro formed his own cartel? What about dos letras? I always find it interesting that these guys are CDS's main enemy yet they operate right in their back yard.

Here's to hoping the discussion takes off in this thread like it did the last.

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

El Plata
I for one am down to contribute. Ill have to go through my notes and information I have saved on my laptop. I too have always found the BLO to be extremely interesting. If you get a chance check out the thread titled "Commandante Ramon" It has some very interesting stories about the AFO thanks to @ Tijuano. I am hoping that thread becomes are go to thread about the AFO like our "Can Someone Explain The CDG Cartel" thread.

Just off the top of my head I have a few questions I would really like to hear everyone's thoughts on. What happened to El Dos Letras? His rise reminded me alot of El Diablo. He was every where then all of sudden he was gone! It seemed like after he did that interview he disappeared. If i remember correctly he had a facebook page where he first posted the pictures of the 4 or 5 guys they executed and stuffed into the jeep cherokee. I will have to do some research and see if his FB page is still active.

I have also found El Barbie to be one of the most interesting cartel figures of the last ten years. I am really interested in hearing about his war with the Zetas in Nuevo Laredo and also about his time in Acapulco de Juárez. Why was the BLO so interested in Acapulco anyway? Was it because of the sea ports?

I have read in a few different books and in different articles that Arturo was widely considered to be as bloodthirsty of a capo as there ever was. Does anyone have any stories of this? How about the BLO's mini war with M-1? Does anyone have any stories about this? I remember reading that the BLO and El M1 were one upping each other in the amount and ways of killing their enemies. If I remember wasn't it the BLO that skinned those two guys alive, ripped out their hearts, and stitched their facial skin on soccer balls? I believe it was in Tepic and a message was left attributing the killings to the BLO.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Chester
@elplata you are right about those guys in Tepic, I think they left them on the side of the freeway, I found the Chapito Isidro very interesting, I'm still wondering where he's at now..and also wondering about the dos letras.they went silence..

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Dicklick1

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Itzli
I don't have a firm grasp of the current state of affairs of BLO proper, but I do have a lot of older information and insight into a lot of the splinter cartels in Guerrero/Morelos/Edomex/DF if anyone is interested.

I've read bits about El Barbie's war in Nuevo Laredo. The background of it all, in case you are not already aware, is the Beltran Leyva brothers were already very entrenched in drug trafficking in the early 2000s. Among the plazas they controlled was San Pedro area of Monterrey and Guerrero/Morelos/Edomex/DF. Their connections to El Azul put them in charge of Morelos, they controlled the international airport in Edomex, and Acapulco and Zihuatanejo were good ports to also bring in drugs. That's why they were always focused on controlling Acapulco.

El Barbie was a member of Los Chachos in Nuevo Laredo. When the CDG and Los Zetas started wiping them out, BLO started backing them up, the war broke out, and that's how El Barbie joined up with them. Eventually Los Zetas started a counter attack in Guerrero/Michoacan and El Barbie was transferred to Acapulco as part of the defense. Once he got settled in, he seems to have been one of the main guys in charge of the whole Acapulco-DF corridor up until his arrest.

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Machiavelli
BLO are the most advanced cartel game-wise. They remind me of how Amado Carrilo Fuentes ran Juarez with bribes. Only thing different is how they operate. EL H is the wisest capo of the drug game, unlike his brother Arturo who flashed on often. El H embodies the phrase "ends justify the means". Hats off for the second most vicious capo in the game ever, Arturo Beltran Leyva.
BLO bring least media attention to their shoulders & operate smoothly. Typical example of their modus operandi is how foreigner such as El Barbie ascended in the ranks of the organization, most cartels being conservative unlike BLO who adopt to the means of the market.

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

elcienporcien

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

durrr
Banned User
Chapo Isidro doesnt need any protection. Dudes a beast.

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Itzli
Yes, the BL brothers were definitely powerful. Seems that in the old days El Mochomo focused on the Sinaloa-Sonora route, El Barbas on Guerrero-DF route, El H on San Pedro and money laundering, and El General on negotiations with Colombians.

Another strength they had was multiple smuggling routes and within each route parallel operators, for instance the Guerrero-DF route had El Barbie, El Indio, and El Borrado/El MP each working independently but in harmony, no competition.

Another rumor of the breakaway was not so much that El Chapo handed over El Mochomo to authorities, rather, that El Barbas had come up with a plan to break him out of prison and El Chapo refused to support it.

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Echo2
One of the things that I would be interested in learning is how the whole M1 and Botas Blancas beef started! From what I heard was that Mayo and Chapo blamed the Beltrans for M1 son getting killed, which turns out the hit was order by a high rank lady from CDS called Emperatriz.  from what I've read Chapo and the Beltrans are related, so it makes you think, what could of possibly happened that made Chapo give the green light so that a blood thirsty maniac with revenge on his mind take out your own family members??!!??

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Pariente
So is it true that one of the Beltran sisters is married to one of El Azuls sons? Is that whey the Beltrans never had a conflict with El Azul? The Beltranes being distant cousins with Chapo has been mentioned. That is why they use to call him " LA PRIMA " and in the infamous El Gaucho video you can get a good idea of when the split happened how bloody it was in Sinaloa. The battles between M-1 and Arturo Beltran is classic. Cartelones left and right, and supposedly Arturo was the one who gave him the nickname el ONDEADO. M-1 blamed the Beltranes for him and his crew killing his son. But I remember postings on several blogs saying it was someone else who was higher up who had his son killed. The Beltranes definately learned the Amado Carrillos mainas. Arturo was the big dog in the family and he brought his brothers on board. I know there are people that say they weren't as powerful as Mayo, Chapo and Azul back in the federation days but they had a ton of support all over Mexico. Like all the other posts say, from Sonora all the way down south to Guerrero. I know everyone hates that they aligned themselves with the Zetas and that is likely why alot of people dispise them. They needed disposable soldiers and they got them with the Zetas. So is it safe to say the Zetas used the Beltran Leyvas for soldiers and the Zetas for their connections on coke down south. I think there is so much to cover, they still have support with Isidro, H2, H9 and likely other lower key people we haven't heard about. Very interesting posts.
" La palabara es plata, el silencio es oro "

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Echo2
I've seen that video, apparently Arturo called El Guacho and basically told him that either he was with Arturo or they would kill him. He's also asked if Chapo turned in El Mochomo and he says no, that Arturo used the capture of Mochomo as an excuse to go to war with Chapo and Mayo. And yeah Guacho mentions that Arturo used to refer to Chapo as La Prima.

I think one of the things that really hurt the BLO was after they killed Arturo, how that commando of sicarios went and killed the family,mom and sisters of the dead Marino, right after the funeral. I think that single act is what made people turn against them, they fact that they killed innocent, unarmed women, up until this point women,families and kids were to be off limits when it came to cartel vs cartel violence.

Another thing that I never truly understood was how everyone always said that Arturo was so loved and respected and appreciated, but then they kill him and you have all these Marinos and soldiers posing with his naked body, placing all those pesos and dollars all over his bloody body, up until this point he's the only major capo that being shown disrespected in such a manner.

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

durrr
who is this el general you speak of? I thought that that was another nickname of Hector as well as el H obviously.

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Itzli
Mario Alberto “El General” Beltrán Leyva has been listed as a BLO brother, made the most wanted list, but little is reported about him. Sometimes it almost seems like he doesn't even exist, other times it seems like he's real but in the shadows, akin to "Betty La Fea" Carrillo Fuentes.

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Tijuano
Arturo Beltran was a BIG player way before he became famous, he was an important member of the Juarez Cartel and like other say, learned a lot from Amado´s way of doing things. Arturo Beltran had lots of connections in Colombia, the book "El Cartel de los Sapos" mentions the Beltran Leyvas as recurrent customers along Nacho Coronel and El Azul.

When Amado died, Arturo and many others did not trust Vicente Carrillo as a leader, they knew he was nothing like his brother and used violence as his first option. Arturo, Mayo, El Azul, and others began to split from the Juarez Cartel and began thei own groups, Arturo had steadily grown a network of corruption that reached all the way to Los Pinos(Mexican version of the White House), there he had under his payroll a man named Nahum Acosta, he was the one in charge of then President Vicente Fox´s travel logistics, and had A LOT of privileged information first hand.

The Fox administration found out about this after raids on some of the Beltrans safe houses and Nahum Acosta was arrested, this, along a series of articles by journalist Alfredo Jimenez Mota brought the Beltran Leyvas to public attention, in fact, Alfredo Jimenez was disappeared in 2005, several detainees have stated it was under orders of the Beltranes.

Before this, Alfredo used to be extremely low key, I normally doubt what I hear in corridos, especially the so called "movimiento alterado", IMHO they are full of crap, BUT some of them,specially those old school corridos, have a lot of clues in their lyrics, if you listen to Jefe de Jefes by Los Tigres del Norte, you can see what I mean, at the moment(1997) almost no one knew who Arturo Beltran Leyva was, so they believed the corrido was composed for Miguel Angel Felix Gallardo, he denied this. The lyrics speak for themselves:

I´m the boss of bosses Sirs.
I´m respected at all levels
My name and my picture will never be seen on paper
´Cause the journalists like me
And if not, then they miss my friendship

Hard work and my bravery gave me my contacts
Many want to be rise to my level
I just see how they keep falling trying
Those who tried to scratch my crown
one by one have been dying

I navigate underwater
But know how to fly on the high levels
Many believe the Government is after me
Others say its just lies
From above I just keep being amused
´Cause I like to see how they get confused

I´m the boss of bosses Sirs
And to say this is not bragging at all
A lot of big ones have asked me for favors
´Cause they knew I´m the best of them all
They come seeking to get the tree´s shadow
So the sun doesn't hit them so hard.

Alfredo is the one who took care of Chapo, and his family when Chapo was in prison, Chapo wasn't as big as Arturo at that moment, Arturo is also credited with helping him escape the police on multiple times before they split. For a long time Arturo trusted Chapo, that´s why he helped him so much. If someone tries to say otherwise, most likely he is a Chapo cheerleader.

There are a ton of anecdotes of this kind on BLO.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Pariente
Echo2,
I agree, that was a shameful act that definately gave them a black eye. The way they took out the marinos family was very ruthless. I think very few capos have went out like Arturo, he basically wasn't going to be taken out alive and the Marinos did him wrong as well. I am not justifying their act, but they should have expected some retaliation from somone on disrespecting his corpse like that. I think the BLO's right before the split were highly respected by people, not involving themselves with anything outside of traketiando but once the split happened and they aligned themselves with the Zetas. You were saying a blood thirsty side of them and now they were helping the Zetas enter Sinaloa and some of their territory and people have always just had a nack to just hate the Z's with a passion. What hasn't been mentioned much is Tito Beltran either, the son of Mochomo and where he stands? Is his mother Chapos cousin?
" La palabara es plata, el silencio es oro "

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Tijuano
Echo2 wrote
I think one of the things that really hurt the BLO was after they killed Arturo, how that commando of sicarios went and killed the family,mom and sisters of the dead Marino, right after the funeral. I think that single act is what made people turn against them, they fact that they killed innocent, unarmed women, up until this point women,families and kids were to be off limits when it came to cartel vs cartel violence.
They (all cartels) crossed that limit way before that, the wife of Hector "El Guero" Palma and his children are a great proof of that.

Anyway, this single act sure made things worst for them, the military has a long memory.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

ToPHeR
I thought the BLO contracted the hit on the Marino's family to a Zeta cell?

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

Pariente
Tijuano,
I do remember that, did they decapitate them and throw them off a bridge? Or just threw them off a bridge?
Saludos Tijuano, always enjoy all your posts.
" La palabara es plata, el silencio es oro "

Re: New Can Someone Explain Thread??: The BLO

El"H"
wasnt it zeta sicarios that killed the marines family?
12