New Book: El Jefe: The Stalking of Chapo Guzmán

New Book: El Jefe: The Stalking of Chapo Guzmán

Mica
Mica: In my opinion, Alan Feuer had some of the best coverage of the Chapo trial in Brooklyn.  There were several in the trial pool of reporters who just repeated each other, while Alan had the most original non-clickbait information.  I have preordered his book and want to share it with the community.

The definitive account of the rise and fall of the ultimate narco, "El Chapo," from the New York Times reporter whose coverage of his trial went viral

Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman is the most legendary of Mexican narcos. As leader of the Sinaloa drug cartel, he was one of the most dangerous men in the world. His fearless climb to power, his brutality, his charm, his taste for luxury, his penchant for disguise, his multiple dramatic prison escapes, his unlikely encounter with Sean Penn―all of these burnished the image of the world's most famous outlaw.

He was finally captured by U.S. and Mexican law enforcement in a daring operation years in the making. Here is that entire epic story―from El Chapo's humble origins to his conviction in a Brooklyn courthouse. Longtime New York Times criminal justice reporter Alan Feuer's coverage of his trial was some of the most riveting journalism of recent years. Feuer’s mastery of the complex facts of the case, his unparalleled access to confidential sources in law enforcement, and his powerful understanding of disturbing larger themes―what this one man's life says about drugs, walls, class, money, Mexico, and the United States―will ensure that this is the one book to read about “El Chapo.”

Re: New Book: El Jefe: The Stalking of Chapo Guzmán

Frank
Awesome Mica, gonna follow suit and order it. Didn’t follow the trial at all except to find out who testified. Cifuentes May have provided the most detailed and damaging testimony, ill find out soon anyway

Re: New Book: El Jefe: The Stalking of Chapo Guzmán

Very interested to read this too, his coverage was excellent, and he's currently covering the Weinstein trial. Thanks for brining this to my attention, hadn't heard of it.

Released in May.  This will be a must read.

Also, I am sure by design, an easy to access archive of all the stories and bits of info from the trial.  I hadn't even thought Freur would write a book, but it was an oversight on my part.