Nayarit and Nuevo Vallarta

Bee

Nayarit and Nuevo Vallarta

Bee
We travel to Nuevo Vallarta frequently, and we were planning our trip for August this year.  We're worried about the safety issue.  What is happening in Nayarit and Nuevo Vallarta?  Should we postpone our trip this year?

Re: Nayarit and Nuevo Vallarta

survey

Re: Nayarit and Nuevo Vallarta

El huevudo
would you take a trip and risk your death, your wifes execution and your children raped and slaughtered?   dont be stupid and take a trip to florida or california like everyone else.    Its not worth it.   Youre life and the lives of your family are more precious than a measely trip to a land ripped apart by violence.

Re: Nayarit and Nuevo Vallarta

PuntaMita
I live in Punta Mita during the winter.  It is perfectly safe here.  However, after driving in Mexico for over 40 years, I will not drive down from the border.

Re: Nayarit and Nuevo Vallarta

deep blue
I have kept my private boat in PV for six years and travel there 6-8 times per year. My wife and kids come down as well - most recently November 2010. I am a cautious individual and would not risk my time, money, boat or well being in a city or region with significant security issues. PV and the surrounding area has been largely spared from the violence and crime of other parts of Mexico.....so far. Check the many message boards and forums posted by ex-pat residents and tourists to PV and you can verify for yourself. Comparing PV to Sinaloa, Acapulco or Cuidad Juarez is like comparing Gary, Indiana to Ft. Lauderdale in terms of crime.

If things "go South" down there I will be "adios"

Re: Nayarit and Nuevo Vallarta

Porn Star
Vallarta has always been a hotbead for narco traffic. It has been kept under the rug and is not reported on the scale that the major cities report on. Do not forget, this is where the assaination attempt on the AF brothers went down. I would not say killings are happening on a nightly basis as yet. It is far easier to say it is a weekly occurance. Banderas News refuses to print anything about narco activities and the other reporting agencies follow a similar path. If the gringos found out that this was going on inside the bay, they would leave in droves. This would cause the army to come in and literally shut down the town. Vallarta only survives off the tourist dollar and there are only a few times a year that Mexicans flood the bay. The rest of the time, it is kept afloat from American dollars that the retirees and tourists bring. There are only 250,000 people in Vallarta. If the tourists leave, you would easily see the population cut in half or perhaps 75% within a very short period of time. Just stay the fuck out of places like Aurora and mind your own business. You will be fine.