Navy confused a vegetable vendor with "Mayo Zambada" and detained him: Relatives

Navy confused a vegetable vendor with "Mayo Zambada" and detained him: Relatives

Char

Culiacán, Sinaloa.- The special group of the Navy Navy of Mexico that killed four assassins during a confrontation outside a party hall in La Limita de Itaje, was looking for Ismael El Mayo Zambada, leader of the Sinaloa Cartel, and during the operative arrested a merchant, whom he confused with the alleged drug trafficker.
Relatives of Antonio Valenzuela Iribe, 70, who is one of the two detained by the Navy, reported that the arrest of the merchant was illegal, and that during the operation the sailors also simulated executing at least 10 young people who were in the party to be told where the "M" (Mayo Zambada) was, and where the weapons were hidden.
"The sailors grabbed my grandfather and put a hat on him and compared it to a photo. Then a sailor approaches me and says: what's that man's name, my grandfather? And I say: Antonio Valenzuela, why? And he tells me: it's not called like that. And I answer again and I say: if so called. Why, who are you confusing with? And he says: we're not confusing him, it's Mr. Mayo Zambada. "
They said that after the confrontation outside the room, the sailors violently broke in and forced all the men to lie on the floor for four hours, and that they were stripped of money and jewels.
They said that during the deployment, registered between Tuesday night 30 and the morning of January 31, Antonio Valenzuela was at his table, inside the party room, when he was arrested, and not outside when the shooting occurred.
"My family member was interrogated, they brought him walking through the garden and it turned out, according to this, that my grandfather was Mr. Mayo Zambada, which is a lie."
They denounced that the sailors planted an AK-47 assault rifle and an AR-15 rifle, as well as loaders, in the vehicle that Antonio Valenzuela had parked outside the party room, and that was the pretext to stop him. They said they did the same with the other detainee, who was also inside the room and they put a tactical vest with loaders.
They assured that the white Hyundai vehicle of the merchant was transferred by the sailors to the facilities of the delegation of the Attorney General's Office, before the experts arrived who reviewed the units that were hit by bullets during the confrontation and in which if they found weapons.
The family of Antonio Valenzuela denied knowing the four young people killed by the Navy and ignored if they were escorts of any of the people who were at the party. They also denied having a relationship with El Mayo Zambada.
The official version issued by the Secretariat of Public Security of Sinaloa on the fact indicates that the elements of
The Navy carried out a patrol in that area of ​​La Limita de Itaje, when they were met with bullets and when repelling the aggression, they killed the four alleged gunmen identified as Manuel Filiberto Tapia Arellano, José Saúl Félix, Daniel Armando Serrano, and José Alonso Angle Castañeda.
The SSP also reported the securing of six long guns and four pistols, as well as loaders, and the arrest of Héctor Román, and don Antonio, originally from Tamazula, Durango.
On the simulation of execution, the relatives told that the sailors were choosing and taking the young people out for interrogation.
"I heard that they saw one and said: you, come; and they stopped him and asked him questions first, I do not know what kind of questions, and I already think that if they water her, they would take them out. And to make them afraid they shot. I believe that in order to tell the truth of what they were asked, because according to them (the sailors), the party was El Mayo and that those who were there were from their cartel. Being that the truth for nothing. We have no ties to my family and I to him. "
They explained that Don Antonio Valenzuela was first put at the disposal of the Public Ministry accused of belonging to organized crime, but that this crime was already rejected by the federal authorities and that now he only faces charges for carrying a firearm exclusively for the Army.
Family members said that at age 70, Mr. Antonio continues to work honestly and has never had problems with any authority.
"My grandfather is a merchant. He fucks every day from 6 am. He goes to Los Mochis, Guasave, or places here near Culiacán to buy fruit or vegetables in season; load your double wheeled truck and return home; and load truckloads and the orders to sell for all the nearby colonies or small towns. A job where he does not earn much but honest. That's why it hurts a lot. He is a hardworking person who has fucked up all his life and who is innocently arrested, does not apply. "

Re: Navy confused a vegetable vendor with "Mayo Zambada" and detained him: Relatives

Char

Re: Navy confused a vegetable vendor with "Mayo Zambada" and detained him: Relatives

Sounds like SEMAR was operating on bad intel, or they are actually getting closer to Zambada.  In that pic, the guy does not look like a produce salesman, but it is Culiacan, so there is a narco hue to most things anyway.

Re: Navy confused a vegetable vendor with "Mayo Zambada" and detained him: Relatives

mr.browntown956

Mayo had plastic surgery. Y'all really think that was him on the pic of that magazine? Ofcourse not. Face diff, thumbprints lasered/altered. He has a pact w the guachos, hell never be taken in. Stories like this are funny.

¡tRuCHAS!

Re: Navy confused a vegetable vendor with "Mayo Zambada" and detained him: Relatives

I don't doubt plastic surgery at some point, or recently, but I do believe it was him on the Procesco cover. I honestly think it is a matter of time for Mayo, too much intel has gone to DEA, Homeland Security, FBI, from his sons, and other lieutenants who were extradited.

Remember that it was Mayo who was the target when they grabbed El Pena 2/14

Re: Navy confused a vegetable vendor with "Mayo Zambada" and detained him: Relatives

Siskiyou_Kid
I agree. If Mayo still held the thrown, Ismael Zambada Imperial, 'El Mayito Gordo', would not still be in custody, not to mention the bizarre way the DEA turned on Vicentillo.

There's a new king.

Re: Navy confused a vegetable vendor with "Mayo Zambada" and detained him: Relatives

The same stories about Chapo having to many pacts that he would 1. Never be caught and 2. Never be sent to USA.

Mayo is supposedly sick, not sure how sick, but he can't escape needing hospitals.

Re: Navy confused a vegetable vendor with "Mayo Zambada" and detained him: Relatives

el Jesse James
I gotta disagree atleast somewhat. If Mayo didn't still have major pull, chapitos would be 6 feet under. Menchito is still in custody is he not? Why is the new king's son still locked up like some type of trophy hostage?
Oseguera will never have juice like the name Zambada, Esparragoza..jmo

Re: Navy confused a vegetable vendor with "Mayo Zambada" and detained him: Relatives

Kye0001
Has this guy been released yet?