Narcos promise Bishop they will try not to kill any more politicians before election time

Narcos promise Bishop they will try not to kill any more politicians before election time

 LOL......canadiana

 Bishop Rangel: cartel accord.
News
Narcos promise not to kill more candidates
Guerrero bishop gets commitment from cartel boss
Mexico News Daily | Monday, April 2, 2018
Narcos in Guerrero have agreed not to kill any more candidates for election after meeting with the bishop of Chilpancingo.

    Bishop Salvador Rangel Mendoza, who has previously encouraged dialogue with drug cartels as a means of reducing violence, said he met Friday with a gang leader during a visit to Heliodoro Castillo in the state’s Sierra region.

    After raising the issue of the assassination of candidates, he said, the gangster “promised to try to prevent it and allow a free election to take place in which the choice of the people would prevail . . . .”

    The cartel insisted on two conditions: that those running for office not give away money in an attempt to buy votes, and that once the election was over the candidates must fulfill all their promises.

    “What they ask for is a free, just and secret vote, nothing more,” the bishop declared.

    Bishop Rangel had traveled to the town of Pueblo Viejo where criminal elements had cut off electricity and water in an attempt to flush out a number of rivals.

    “I explained to them that while some of their enemies might have been there it was also true that there werhttps://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/narcos-promise-not-to-kill-more-candidates/e old people, children and pregnant women, and all of them needed those services,” he said.

    Rangel’s intercession succeeded and the gang yielded, reconnecting the utilities.

    The bishop refused to identify the criminals with whom he spoke or provide any other information regarding the gang to which they belong.

    Relations between Rangel and criminal organizations went awry two months ago when two priests and the relatives of a nun were murdered in two different incidents.

    Of the 42 politically-related assassinations in Mexico since September, 12 were in Guerrero. Oaxaca was next with eight.
https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/narcos-promise-not-to-kill-more-candidates/
Source: Milenio (sp), El Universal (sp)

Re: Narcos promise Bishop they will try not to kill any more politicians before election time

i put this up on main page ...the absurdity of it all..

 it had 115 views in 7 minutes.  it has a couple thousand now so running 500 an hour.  I thought it would do well.

Re: Narcos promise Bishop they will try not to kill any more politicians before election time

Wow that's interesting for hits on MB.Yes the absurdity of it all like I said LOL but hey look on the bright side,at least the water and utilities got turned back on.I wonder what that cost the Bishop?

Re: Narcos promise Bishop they will try not to kill any more politicians before election time

Chava
Can't be any worse than the politicos making deals with them, business as usual. I'm sure they have already purchased their life insurance policies as many of them are not asking for police protection.....lol, like that exists anyway.

Re: Narcos promise Bishop they will try not to kill any more politicians before election time

Chava
By the way, a rector from a college has offered to mediate, on more than one occasion.

https://novedadesaca.mx/javier-saldana-paz-pactandola/

GUERRERO.- The rector of the Autonomous University of Guerrero, Javier Saldaña Almazán, confirmed that they could agree with criminal groups, as long as the government instruct them, all with the purpose of generating peace among the university students, because in the Five years have been killed over 30.

The representative of the Maximum House of Studies of the entity, said the above, after having signed with the president of the Electoral Institute and State Citizen Participation, José Nazarín Vargas Armenta, the inter-institutional collaboration agreement for the UAGro, through of the Coordination of Information and Communication Technologies, provide support carrying out the audit tests of the computer system of the Preliminary Electoral Results Program.

" If at any moment, the government of the state proposes to me, I have to intervene to achieve peace, even if I have to meet with the leaders of the criminal groups " : JAVIER SALDAÑA ALMAZÁN Rector of the Autonomous University of Guerrero

Saldaña Almazán, announced that his position in relation to the statements of the Bishop of the Diocese ChilpancingoChilapa, Salvador Rangel Mendoza, in the sense that he has dialogue with criminal organizations to seek peace in the population.

He said: "If 'institutional' were 'required', of course you would agree, given that everything must always be done to ensure that things go well; If at any moment, the government of the state proposes to me, I have to intervene to achieve peace, even if I have to meet with the leaders of the criminal groups, recognizing that it is delicate, but we must put our capabilities into practice ".

Regarding the student killed last Thursday, in the mall "Granados Maldonado", the rector said that at the moment there is no data that identifies a university, since the legal area has not specifically reported on this matter.

He clarified that the fact that the victim is not a university, is still an unfortunate fact and confirmed that during the last five years, they have been killed just over 30 upper level students, whose families have been given support.

He stressed that worries what is happening in the different educational centers, where insecurity has been disrupted in the interiors and exteriors, specifically in the schools located in Llano Largo, where it has had to ask for the presence of military elements to have greater security .

Finally, he announced that in the coming days an agreement will be signed with the authorities of the National Polytechnic Institute to strengthen the academic and research relationship between the two.

Google translate without any clean up.

Re: Narcos promise Bishop they will try not to kill any more politicians before election time

Chava
Gov. response:

http://puntoxpuntonoticias01.overblog.com/2018/04/gobernacion-le-responde-al-obispo-rangel-el-gobierno-no-negocia-con-narcos.html

Government responds to Bishop Rangel: the government does not negotiate with drug traffickers

Mexico City, April 2, 2018. After the bishop of the Chilpancingo-Chilapa diocese, Salvador Rangel Mendoza, revealed that he negotiated with a drug lord to prevent violence in Guerrero during the electoral process, the interior secretary, Alfonso Navarrete Prida, affirmed that the government does not negotiate with the application of the law.

"I saw statements in the media, I do not know the context. Of course, he has been in contact with the Conference of the Mexican Episcopate and with the Archbishop Primate of Mexico.

"We will have to see what is the context in which these statements occurred, what is a fact is that the Mexican government does not negotiate the application of the law, it is not a question of doubt, the laws are complied with and are complied with," the official said. federal.

Without pronouncing itself on the legality of the encounter of the prelate, Navarrete said that in the measurement in which all they fulfill the law and generate governability in a frame of the Right, they pay to have a better Country.

At the end of an event at the Museum of Constitutions, the secretary acknowledged that in Guerrero there are problems of insecurity and executions of politicians, so the government has an obligation to intervene and apply the law.

Google translate with no clean up.

Re: Narcos promise Bishop they will try not to kill any more politicians before election time

LOL to that 1st statement from the Gov that they do not negioate with drug traffickers!What a joke!I guess legally no but more back room deals that you could ever shake a stick at!It's just so frigging obvious!

Re: Narcos promise Bishop they will try not to kill any more politicians before election time

Agreeing with the mafia

By Ricardo Ravelo

The pacts between politicians and drug trafficking is not a new issue in Mexico. It is known, for example, that for many decades each president of Mexico has his own boss, his consensual sexenal.

With Miguel de la Madrid, for example, Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo had his great stage of splendor, untouchable in that governmental period. It was the six years of the Sinaloa capo, disgraced in the first months of the government of Carlos Salinas de Gortari, who chose his consent: Juan García Ábrego, head of the Gulf cartel, unpunished until Ernesto Zedillo, in revenge against Salinas, imprisoned him and banished from the national territory by handing it over to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the North American anti-drug agency.

Through pacts with the government, García Ábrego was untouchable, impossible to touch a hair because behind him was also his uncle, Juan Nepomuceno Guerra, the founder of the criminal organization, master and master of Tamaulipas. Capo from his youth, the old Nepomuceno Guerra was respected by Tamaulipas politicians and ensures that whoever wanted to be governor of Tamaulipas first had to agree with the so-called sponsor of the Mafia. That's how it was in those times and that's the way it is. It is a rule hitherto respected by the mobsters in power.

In the PAN sexennes the shame was greater because it became even more evident the link between the governments of Vicente Fox and Felipe Calderón with the Sinaloa cartel and, in particular, with Joaquín Guzmán Loera, "El Chapo", extradited to the United States.

It was in the Fox government when the spectacular escape of Guzmán Loera occurred, engineered in complicity with power. Al Chapo Guzmán simply opened the door for him to leave the Puente Grande prison. Thus the Sinaloa cartel reached the highest level as a buoyant criminal organization, the most powerful in the world.

And all the splendor that this cartel had was a product of the pact with power. There is no criminal group that reaches the highest levels of growth without behind an agreement, official protection, the pact with governors or with the president of the Republic. It's that simple

Currently, everyone criticizes the meetings held by Salvador Rangel Mendoza, bishop of the Diocese of Chilpancingo-Chilapa, Guerrero, with drug lords. The prelate assures that he has met with the drug traffickers to negotiate the peace of the people, to stop the crime wave and to pacify the territory.

The actions of the bishop were harshly criticized by the federal government. The Secretary of the Interior, Alfonso Navarrete Prida, said that the law does not negotiate and criticized the meetings of Rangel Mendoza with the capos.

However, it must be said that the Secretary of the Interior has a reason. In theory, the law is not negotiated, but in fact it does not apply either. If organized crime has flourished in the government of Enrique Peña Nieto, it is because there are pacts between criminal groups and the men of power. The serious thing is that these agreements are for money, for business and not to stop the wave of crimes that plague the country.

The bishop is doing a job that could well be part of an official policy - negotiation - not foreseen in the law, it is true, but in many cases has had its effects for the good of society. The government of Peña Nieto prefers to maintain its repressive policy of fighting organized crime, which has failed, because in Mexico today no one can speak of social peace. The country is burned down by organized crime and nobody does anything because the authorities are part of the problem and do not want solutions.

Throughout the national territory, organized crime has pacts with governors, mayors, police and any authority that guarantees impunity in their illegal businesses. The police are the armed wing of drug trafficking, but the police corporations are not sent alone: ​​behind these structures are their bosses, commanders and above the Secretaries of Public Security and above the prosecutors and thus the chain of complicity reaches the governors.

In short, the entire power structure is penetrated by organized crime, hence the ineffectiveness to combat it and to stop the executions and killings that happen every day in the country. That is why the task carried out in Guerrero by Bishop Rangel is extremely valuable and an example for the government as to how things should be done.

Faced with this failed government policy, negotiation could be included in the law as a measure to combat public insecurity, as Bishop Rangel does. But it happens that the federal government is inflamed with arrogance. Neither combat nor negotiation. I mean, nothing at all. Hence, the government prefers that the country continue to be the scene of shootings and killings, the war without truce.

In other countries - Italy, Colombia and the United States - there are other mechanisms that do not have anything to do with repression. There is negotiation with criminal groups to make it possible for them to join the path of legality and thus agree not to touch their capital, however illegal they have been the ways to obtain them.

This measure has given results, although the government of the United States, in other times, has opposed this type of tests to lower levels of public insecurity, which is contradictory.

In the area of ​​Guerrero, where the Diocese is headed by Bishop Salvador Rangel, several drug cartels operate, according to official reports. There the owners of the territory are Los Tequileros, Los Rojos, Los Ardillos, El Cartel de la Sierra, La Familia Michoacana, Los Caballeros Templarios and Guerreros Unidos.

Bishop Rangel, in various interviews, did not say what cartel he has met. Nobody considers that his interviews were only with a group, hence it is possible that the prelate has had meetings with all the drug trafficking groups, despite the antagonism that he deprives between them, because it is assured that Rangel has been negotiating peace for two years. social in that territory. His effects are not yet noticed, but as he himself affirms, "if I can avoid one or two murders, it is a gain".

Source:
http://www.sinembargo.mx/06-04-2018/3404725

Re: Narcos promise Bishop they will try not to kill any more politicians before election time

I guess the deal is off when the narcos assassinate the Chief of Police of Chilapa!
https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/gunman-assassinates-chilapa-police-chief/

Re: Narcos promise Bishop they will try not to kill any more politicians before election time

Good article Le Chef!

Re: Narcos promise Bishop they will try not to kill any more politicians before election time

Chava
He's not considered a "politico."