Narcos Season 2

Mica
FYI - Season 2 for Narcos Mexico will be released on February 13th.

Happy Valentine’s Day lovers!

Re: Narcos Season 2

Thanks for the heads up Mica.Easier way to remember the day before Valentine’s Day.You can always give us another reminder if you remember.

Re: Narcos Season 2

Mica
I certainly will and plan on binge-watching.

Re: Narcos Season 2

Good call.It's on mainboard!

Re: Narcos Season 2

MediaNocheXXX
I hope it's better than the disappointing first season, not saying it was bad but compared to the prior 3, it was not nearly as entertaining and Diego Luna for Gallardo?

Re: Narcos Season 2

can't use forum as a social media thread----need a post of some type

What is Narcos: Mexico about — and what happened in the season 1 finale?

The series follows the establishment of the modern Mexican drugs trade, focusing on real-life narco Felix Gallardo, a former Sinaloan police officer turned drug lord, and Kiki Camarena, a Mexican-American DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) agent tasked with taking Felix down.

The season followed the two men’s cat and mouse game, which ended in the abduction, torture and murder of Kiki, whose death ultimately served as a catalyst in the war on drugs.

The finale also finally revealed the identity of the show’s narrator: Scoot McNairy as agent Walt Breslin, a DEA agent in charge of Operation Layenda, a task force that worked to bring to justice those responsible for Kiki’s death — and the focus of Narcos: Mexico season two.

“What happened in Guadalajara in the early ’80s was the beginning,” Breslin says in voiceover. “What happened in Guadalajara gave birth to the first cartel. From that, others would follow. And the violence and money and drugs, they just fucking explode. It changed the DEA, too. Maybe it woke us up, I don’t know. But it’s where the first shot was fired, the one that started the drug war. And after that, none of it would be the same. How could it be?

“We knew we were in a war,” he says at the end of the episode. “Now, it was our turn. Pretty soon, they were gonna know, they were in one too.”

Re: Narcos Season 2

Mica
I am sorry Chivis.
MX

Re: Narcos Season 2

MX
Thanks, Mica! I watched a few episodes of Narcos but need to finish it.

Do you think they’ll ever do a season on the Gulf Cartel? I’m interested to see if they did any research on the 1930s thru 1980s and it’s players: Juan N. Guerra, El Cacho, El Profe, Juan Garcia Abrego, etc.

Re: Narcos Season 2

You know I love you Mica.....  jajaja  I almost gave you a pass, but really couldn't do that, right?
anyway it compelled me to dig in and find something to make a post.

and the little post is running 1200 views per hr.  damn good.