Narcos Mexico Season 2

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Ann123
Gracias Guero.

I honestly tried googling it myself before I reached out to everyone and I couldn't find it. I live close by the area and want to pass by today after work.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

El Guero
Sorry for the course response.   Looked it up on Google maps and the corner view of it looks exactly like the place 20 tons of narcotics coule be hiding in.  Lol.  Definitely the same building as in 1989.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Cuidado
Haha are you joking about Enedina?  She is on the US Drug Kingpins list all of her US assets are frozen.  She is a major player.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

This isn't true.  She isn't sanctioned, wanted, or named in any unsealed indictments, and has never had even so much as a mention in the prosecutions of her brothers, and nephew, El Inge.

Wait, she is named in Treasury Department OFAC sanctions, but they are almost 20 years, I apologize, but I do not think she works in Tijuana or laundering money, I think she lives a quiet life somewhere.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20020131.aspx

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/afo_chart_82005.pdf

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

EcHIloc2019
LOL your good sources huh hahahahhahahahha yeah ooooooook. Maybe take up badminton or gardening? Seems this is your little hobby. Weird very weird

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

EcHIloc2019
The character of Felix said it in the show that’s the city where it was seized did you just watch enough so you could have someone to talk to here? Why are so many people on here acting like they have inside knowledge and “good sources” lol isnt “E42” hilarious enough for one website?

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Martian100
Guys surely there’s a nicer way of correcting and contributing information without getting personal..u don’t know him he doesn’t know you..lets stick to what we came here for

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

I agree with you Martian100!Comments do not have to be snide and troll based like the 2 above your comment.Some comments should be just kept to oneself in that case.There always will be a 'shit disturber ' somewhere but it doesn't have to be on here.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

el Jesse James
C'mon yall! Cut em some slack! I thought they did a amazing job for the show. They didn't have to include the Arevalo wars between Pable and Fermin.
And they threw in some real gems, eg: at 'Min's birthday party, or maybe it was daughter's bday(?), but whatever it was, there was a clown there and when he came by over to Pancho Arellano, Pancho shoo'd the clown away saying he hates clowns. For us hardcore BB'ers who, as a group, in general probably know more collectively than anyone else (except the narcos themselves and those close to them, the DEA, and possibly the folks ar insightcrime) on the subject, we know that Pancho Arellano was wayy later on killed by a CDS sicario dressed as a clown. Curious if Chino himself was the one leading the operation...? He was supposedly in TJ at the time the hit happened. The general population dont know this stuff, ie they aint have to include nuances like that but they did..

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

elrojo
Haha I noticed that too bro
Ironic seeing as how he got wacked by one
Chino was plaza boss of BCS at the time he got wacked so he was absolutely involved. Definitely not the trigger man he gave the order which was approved by the zambada clan.
I’m a fan of narcos Mexico. I’m a huge cinema lover and I have to say it was amazing.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Bounty Law
Thoroughly enjoyed season 2, more so than season 1. It will be interesting to see how many more seasons they'll do of Narcos Mexico because if they catch up to present day with the modern cartels then it might become a security concern for the production staff/actors if certain individuals don't like their portrayal. Then again, I'm probably reading too much into it.
If they do eventually get to 2007 onwards with the increased militarisation and violence of the drug war then I'd like to see production focus increasingly go to the dirty, foreboding and dingy street level, much like Juarez in Sicario (not the most accurate movie on the drug war I know but really captured the dread and dark atmosphere of it on the Mexican side).

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Good point Bounty Law.If I recall there was already someone murdered during the filming of the 2nd season.Was it not Mexico City and the location manager on a scout?
MM

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

MM
Carlos Munoz Portal was the locationscout murdered.  San Bartolo Actopan is the reported location.  Apparently he is credited for work on “Sicario” and “Fast and Furious” and several other films.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Thanks for that MM.Is San Bartolo Actopan near Mexico City?It just rings a bell for me but just don't know quite where it is or I might have been in another place somewhere in Mexico with that name.
MM

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

MM
Hello Canadiana,

It is a suburb of Mexico City near Hidalgo.  Appears to be 20-25 miles from the city center.  I need to pull up a map and see if I was in or near that area last time I went to Mexico City.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Cuidado
Gomorrah is the best show Ive ever seen I think. Whoever said to watch it I thank you a million times. The writer of that story is an absolute genius the way characters and plot lines morph.  Also the gritty-ness of it is crazy, when someone is killed its super realistic and frightening.   Hard to find season 3 and 4 in America though. I might have to ante up and buy the dvds for them but they are not cheap.  Anyone know if you can watch online anywhere?

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

MellowYellow
Go to Gommorah on reddit. They always have links.  Just saw it other day.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

jmulligan13
Zero Zero Zero on Amazon that just was released in the US is done by the same people as Gomorrah. Great series that ties a lot together
1234