Narcos Mexico Season 2

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

deelucky1

http://bit.do/NARCOSNETFLIXSEASON2
blanco puro wrote
when was season 2 released??
why can't i find it on netflix canada???
MM

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

MM
Enedina now lives in San Diego?  Is there a source for this information?  I have not been able to find much about her beyond the dozens of “Queenpin” fluff hits from google, bing etc...thanks.
MM

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

MM
In the real world Miguel was arrested in April 1989.  I believe the seizure the show recreates was the ~20 plus tons seized in a Los Angeles warehouse in September 1989.  News reports from the time do say it was protected by a “$5 lock.”
Per an old interview with Charles Bowden, the product came from the Ochoas I believe.  I think he also stated that on an intercepted phone call from Colombia the question was asked “They didn’t get the other ~20+ tons did they?”  The answer was “No, it is still in Mexico.”  Paraphrased from memory but I believe this is correct.  I believe Amado Carillo was the Mexican contact on the call referenced.

This is a reply to the discussion above regarding the “70 tons.”

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Good sources gave stated that Endenina is not involved in drug trafficking, or money laundering, and ay well live a normal live in some La Jolla home, or Del Mar beachouse, but there has never been anything to confirm that

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

El Guero
Yes.  That's correct.  It was slightly more than 20 metric tons caught in Sylmar, CA like 20 miles North of LA that got busted and it was I believe right around the time that Felix got arrested.  I have read that the same thing about the phone call attesting tk another 20 tons in the warehouse.

I am also very wceptical about that being half of the annual shipments at the time.  Maybe 1/10 or 1/15 but definitely not as major as they had made it on Narcos Season 2.

I think it would be more accurate to guess the Guadalajara cartel was doing maybe 300-500 tons at the time a year.

500 tons at 3,000/ kilo = $1.5 billion +/-   I think it would be fair to day that at that time both marijuana and heroin would be similar tp that in their organization so I would guess their gross peofirs to have been around $5,000,000,0000 a year back then for the Guadalajara organization as a whole.  But could be more like $10 or $15 billion possibly...
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!
MM

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

MM
Agree regarding half of annual shipments.  I have not seen anything indicating Cali/Medellin “entrepreneurs” would be reckless enough to consolidate six months supply into a single transaction.  With that said 20 or 40+ tons is huge and an indication of how large the US market had become by the late 1980s.

I personally believe the market was much larger by the mid to late 70s than is commonly reported.  I will just say it was readily available in Houston suburbs by then to anyone interested.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

El Guero
Haha.   Im living in Houston at present.  Great city
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Just from what I’ve read over the years on Borderland Beat.Check in with J as that’s his stomping ground San Diego  and area and he is quite up to snuff on the criminal happenings in that area so maybe he can weigh in on what Enedina is up to MM.
MM

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

MM
Hey Blondie,

I am still here.  And still alive by the grace of God , in Montgomery County...

MM
MM

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

MM
Thanks Canadiana,

J responding saying that she was never actually nailed by law enforcement as a google “Queenpin” and may be living a peaceful life in La Jolla or elsewhere.  This highlights the gaps for anyone trying to piece together the stories of large families where certain members are involved.  Who did the crimes and who is stained by association or bloodlines/questionable reporting.  I always assumed if she was truly the accountant/leader
Of the AFO then there would be indictments somewhere.  I have seen reports regarding an alleged son of hers but take these with a grain of salt.  It seems that authorities have trouble determining cousin, tia and tio relationships etc...so family ties can be murky in many instances.

In this situation it seems familia ties are clear, however Enedina and some brothers may not have been  materially involved in illegal activities.

MM

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

That’s probably right, 70 tons not 70,000.

My mistake

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Ann123
Does anyone know what the cross streets or address to the warehouse is that had the drug bust?

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

blanco puro

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Peter Berg does good work

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

CasiCasi
Juan Napomuceno Guerra, capo di tutti capo back in the late 1900. Any score or hit needed his blessing to operate the area.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

elrojo
Gomorra is great with its story and plot and expressing through its actors. But narcos Mexico has the cinematography that Gomorra lacks in my opinion and I can’t complain much about narcos casting to be honest. Diego luna kills it as always.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

El Guero
My mind is blow that I somehow missed an organized crime show on Netflix in this Gomorra show.  Will begin binge watching it in approximately 1 minute and 27 seconds.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

elrojo
Same here brody.
You won’t regret watching it.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Ann123
Neither article tells what the cross streets are.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

El Guero
12898 Bradley Street. Bradley St between Polk and Bledsoe.  Not sure if thats the same building as 30 years ago though.

PS...that was literally a 5 second Google search followed by 14 seconds on Google Maps, then finished with 60 seconds of writing a response.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!
1234