Narcos Mexico Season 2

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Mica
The production is impeccable and the actors are quality!  There might be some inaccurate details to help the story, but the shooting locations, costumes, and cars really bring you back to the era.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

MediaNocheXXX
This season was put together much better than the last but it's still not as sexy as the Colombian series and you can't fault anyone for that as the bar was set so high.Hope that it continues to improve as the story evolves and where the f@&k is El Mayo....

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

elrojo
Damn. Not going to lie, Gomorra is amazing.
Regret not watching sooner.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

blanco puro
Gomorrah IS amazing, no doubt

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Cuidado
Alot of the casting is shit in narcos mexico....the arrellanos look like whiny babies (Benjamin wasnt 4ft tall like in the show) and chapo looks like some weirdo with an underbite that looks nothing like him.  Its gonna be hard to make that guy a main character in the future he just doesnt have "it".  Its a good show but Padrino doesnt bring that fire like Pablo did in Narcos.  They want us to fear padrino but why?  He doesnt ever really show us why we should fear him...afterall he didnt even want Kikis death.  The first three seasons were much much better than narcos mexico...even Pablos sicarios put on a great show and we feared them.  There is none of that in narcos mexico so far where I am mid way through s2, nobody that puts the fear of god in you like in the original.  Not enough scary shit going on but im only half way through s2. Kinda dissapointed so far...and wtf is going on with Pablo Acosta..he is in some family fued or someshit i started to lose interest tbh it got boring.  The mayo thing makes sense because there is no real written history about him hes always been a ghost.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

elrojo
The 80’s is when the Mexican drug traffickers were under control. The real Felix Gallardo was quiet and cunning whereas Pablo was just violent even before the wars started back in Colombia so it makes sense for his two seasons to be violent and full of suspense. I’m pretty sure we can all agree that the Medellin arc in narcos is the best one honestly. The Cali cartels arc wasn’t as suspenseful or violent as was medellins which makes sense.
Im pretty sure narcos Mexico will start to pick up once calderon enters presidency. That’s when it should pick up I think
I agree with you for the most part

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Where Narcos goes for the universe building of a Marvel movie, Gomorra is in the trenches, it's stylish and brutal at the same time, an operatic sense of tragedy, that never loses the thread that this is about blood and violence, and generations raised under it.

Narcos is fantasy, even if it is true or mostly true, it's from the tried and true school of Hollywood/Netflix screenplays, it doesn't truly understand or know it's own characters.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Mica
It’s just entertainment.  The Sopranos was not real, but it was really fucking good.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

The Sopranos could be my favorite show of all time.  It's a complicated question, I suppose my overall position on something like Narcos is that it lacks the integrity and heart to support it's ambitions.  To turn such violence and tragedy into mere entertainment, isn't worthwhile.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

El Guero
I just finished season 2 and was very impressed with it.  Not everything lines up in the timeline and there are definitely some inaccuracies but overall was very good.

What impresses me the most is how they took so many different historacal events and brought them together to form a story line.  Ive definfinitely seen much worse by the way of dramatization.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Mica
I just finished season 2 and liked it as well as where they left it.  The producers could milk this out for a few more seasons and I hope they do.  I watched it with someone who has no knowledge on the history and it was fun to pause it and show the real pictures or share side stories before it happened.

How long before our forum friend, retired agent Steve is hired by the production for the AFO spinoff?

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

“I’ve always sort of seen this as of the Marvel superhero universe of connecting narcotraffickers, and that they all coexist,” showrunner Eric Newman told The Hollywood Reporter not long after the season premiered in 2018. It’s a crass way of describing the dynamics at play in these stories of cartels and corruption, but also a very American one.

He actually said this?  And I described it this way, that is just gross.  Say no more.  He said it all.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

LeeClaire
In episode 3 (I think) of season 2 Felix tells the defense minister that his cartel made $15 billion the previous year -- is that accurate to what the real cartel was making or exaggerated for drama?

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Mica
That number is probably accurate and on the low end 140,000 tons of cocaine being distributed a year in that era.

Half of that, 70,000 tons = 63,502,932 kilos
Probably getting around 1,500-2,000 a key.

63,502,932 kilos * 1,250 = $79,378,665,000 Billion

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

LeeClaire
What would you guess the Medellin and Cali cartels were making?

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

I've watched the 1st 3 episodes of the 2nd season of Narcos Mexico 2 and I agree with all of your comments,not as riveting as the Narcos Columbia.They really get into the story of Felix who started it all with everyone having their plaza.With what we all know from years of reading the Mainboard and Forum here at Borderland Beat we are kind of biased compared to watching it with someone who doesn't know much about plazas or corruption (even if we don't know it 1st hand but just about it).We are definitely going to be more critical than the average Joe especially when we know the cast of characters beforehand but just figuring out which actor plays which character in real life.They are pretty much all there from Azul,Felix,Chapo and the mop topped hairdos of the TJ Cartels brothers including the Accountant sister that now lives in San Diego.I noticed the era from all the 80's cars those big boxy cars and even a Vega from the 70's!

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

LeeClaire
Mica wrote
That number is probably accurate and on the low end 140,000 tons of cocaine being distributed a year in that era.

Half of that, 70,000 tons = 63,502,932 kilos
Probably getting around 1,500-2,000 a key.

63,502,932 kilos * 1,250 = $79,378,665,000 Billion
Are you sure it was 140,000 tons a year? That's a gargantuan amount. The last hurrah gamble shipment that Felix ordered from Pacho was 70 tons, and the show seemed to indicate that was approaching the realm of 'impossible to distribute' for him.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Mica
In the show, they state that 70K ton load was half of the annual shipment in 1 load.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Martian100
70 000 tons..those numbers sound bogus lol...I’m not sure about that figure maybe 70 tons as in 70 000 kilos u/I might have heard wrong I’ll double check..maybe u do the same ?

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

LeeClaire
Mica wrote
In the show, they state that 70K ton load was half of the annual shipment in 1 load.
It was 70 tons -- not 70,000. 70,000 tons is more than the displacement of the largest container ships, and 10% of the largest oil supertanker. There's no way 70,000 tons of cocaine would fit in six midsized airliners.
1234