Narcos Mexico Season 2

el Jesse James
Probably the gangsterest shit Netflix has ever released..

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

el Jesse James
Love how they brought in Enedina, and Clavel + the whole Guero Palma vs CAF/Clavel/Felix Gallardo(? I'd read that Felix Gallardo had nothing to do with the Guero vs CAF/Clavel Situation but 1st episode makes it seem like El Padrino coulda been involved)..??

Thoughts?

PS- Mimi Webb Miller shows up in the show! And Ive heard rumors of Sheriff Ric Thompson being in this season as well!! Ya gotta wonder if BB aint been one of their main sources for the show material..??

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Mica
Waiting until Friday to watch...

FML

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Frank
Binge watching that shit all day! 1st ssn was dope I hope the second even better. There were no real surprises in ssn1 we all know the story of Kiki RIP

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Frank
I have read that El Padrino ordered the arrellanos to dispatch of Guero’s fam, he was the top guy so not out of the realm of possibility. The Venezuelan was directed by Ramon in the Chapo series (Netflix) but I did read of padrino involvement. not hunting down sources this early.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

el Jesse James
Correct. Ive also read the same stuff. But I just take a lot of the info privided by the Press with a grain of salt.
Eg: MAFG being the uncle(or cousin?) or Arellano Felix bros... MAFG has come out publicly to deny this. And also.. could be wrong but MAFG is from different areas of Sinaloa

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Guero Jim
Can anyone tell me who the old man in the Jeep is in S2 ep 2. Osiel Cardenas G?

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

el Jesse James
Don’t think Osiel shows up in this season and ain’t made it past Episode 1. But it’s confirmed Juan N Guerra and Garcia Abrego are in this season!

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

jorondane
Still haven't figured out who Mr.X or Andres is. Maybe Manuel Bartlett

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

blanco puro
when was season 2 released??
why can't i find it on netflix canada???

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

El Guero
I just put it on but will likely watch it straight through.  Love this show.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Frank
Just open ssn 1 and go to episodes. That's what I did as it did not show new episodes on the nf homepage, and I am now on second episode of ssn 2

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

elrojo
Agreed. The Mexican crime syndicates haven’t been portrayed like this before.
I tend to steer away from narco based shows from the us and Mexico seeing as how I hate the story and especially the dialogue in them since their slang is always off and being Mexican American I don’t find them realistic but I have to say they are the closest to the real deal.
I binged watched the entire season 2 and I have to say the scene where guero palmas family is dispatched is fu***** brutal. It makes you feel bad for the guy.
Some important figures are missing like mayo and I’m wondering if he will even be part of narcos Mexico seeing as how he’s still around and if he does end up showing up how will he be incorporated in to the show

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Frank
Did Mayo not appear in ssn 1? I forget. Sometimes I confuse it with Chapo on Netflix which in my opinion is a great watch. It all sort of blends together (blame the mota). Perhaps I should revisit El Chapo along with ss1. Since starting ssn 2 of narcos mex, I  thinking of going back to the beginning of ssn1. However, ‘that is a huge commitment  mr. Sosa.’ Lol.

Guero, shit. That Caballero had perhaps the worst misfortune of any kingpin that I’m aware of. Psychopathy at its worst. Almost tossed my cookies when they portrayed that scene in Chapo, though they took care to make it appear as though the children were completely unaware of their horrible fate due to drugging.

As far as Mayo, I sure as f*** wouldn’t want to be naming him in a show and telling his story. Can’t blame the producers for that. From what I’ve seen it seems like they’ve tip toed around the blue as well, though I dunno how much knowledge they drop bout him in s2.

It’s friday, I ain’t got no job(day off at least), and I ain’t got shit to do! ima get high today🌲! And then binge watch lol

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

elrojo
I honestly tried watching the chapo series and ended up only watching til the 8th episode I guess I lost interest since I found it disappointing.
Mayo is not mentioned or appears in season 1 and the current season. Azul was portrayed as a reasonable henchmen if you will for Felix Gallardo who was a dick for the most part.
It’s good. You get these godfather vibes from the show scenes where you have classical music in the back ground and cinematography that blends in with it. very godfather like I think.
If you’re into these classic Italian mafia films of the likes of martin Scorsese’s the Irishman, goodfellas, etc or the Francis Ford Coppola trilogy of The Godfather youll enjoy narcos Mexico

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

I find the shows entirely unwatchable, the production value is there, but they seem to have no real comprehension of these people or that culture, or the places, they don't have any artistry in the direction or tension.

It's like a historically inaccurate reenactment, with no real soul, or flourishes, which is a shame, because these stories are so powerful and adaptable.  It's like a light beer in terms of weight and substance.  It demonizes some, and humanizes others, carelessly, to create easy arcs for the audience.

The show Gomorra is how these shows should be.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

elrojo
Oh really. I was thinking the same going into narcos but I have to say I’ve seen worse. But the rest of the shows I don’t like.
I have heard good things about Gomorra I’ll give it a try even though I’m not Italian therefore I have a vague understanding of their mafia I wouldn’t know it they are being depicted accurately to tell you the truth
Definitely giving it a try

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

Frank
Gomorrah is dope. No question one of the best crime series ever to hit the screen. Did not care much for the movie but the series is really, really well  done. I certainly double down on the emdorsement

I hagree with J with respect to the realism of day to day life of the members of the Camorra clans represented in ‘Gomorrah’ vs. The characters portrayed in ‘Narcos’, though I find this season to be entertaining and somewhat informative, thus far. The span of time covered in Narcos also makes it more difficult, I imagine, to portray with stark realism the lives of the parties portrayed in the series.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

It's much more like the day to day plaza wars in Tijuana, or Juarez, or somewhere like that, than the bloated excess of Narcos Mexico, you will connect right away to the show, it has the hyper violence, style, and day to day life of the retail drug wars down in a hauntingly realistic manner.

It wouldn't matter whether you knew Italy or not, you will feel the show the same way as violence in Culiacan, and the men, and younger men and women who participate.

Re: Narcos Mexico Season 2

elrojo
Cool bro I’m starting it as we speak. I ran out of binge worthy tv shows anyway. Haha
1234