Quantcast

Narco leaders - mentally ill?

Barbon
If these people were to be psychologically assessed do you guys think they would come under the banner of mentally ill, insane, or disturbed? while the big bosses like El Chapo or El Lazca do not actually get their hands dirty doing killing themselves although I am sure they have done it themselves before they became powerful, they do however give the orders for executions and barbaric deeds. It would take a mentally ill psychopath to order a cops whole family to be tortured then butchered.

If you look into someone like Lazcano's (El Lazca) eyes you can see a man with no humanity in him whatsoever. Cold as ice. A true nut. Should this guy be in a little padded cell in a straightjacket?

If these guys were ever caught would they ever have a fair shot pleading insanity? your idea's please. I just want to know if these cartel leaders are crazy or just simply evil.

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

SINALOENSEBOY
EL CHAPO IS A HANDS ON DUDE AND I THINK HE IS DEFINITELY SANE AND DOES NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A PLEA OF INSANITY....ITS ALL PURE EVEIL......THE SAME CAN BE SAID FOR EL MUGROSO LAZCANO....
THOSE THAT TALK DON'T KNOW, AND THOSE THAT KNOW DON'T TALK.....

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

SINALOENSEBOY
THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING....
THOSE THAT TALK DON'T KNOW, AND THOSE THAT KNOW DON'T TALK.....
TRC

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

TRC
Not guilty by reason of insanity has criteria. Three diagnoses are usually required, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or major depressive disorder with psychotic features are the usual, and occasionally, postpartum depression. It has to be established that during the crime, one has to be in a state of psychosis and does not understand what he/she is doing and does not understand the consequences of the crime to the victim nor themselves. It has nothing to do with antisocial personality disorder, a diagnosis of psychopath or sociopath which are all akin. It is however noted that many of the best business men (corporate CEOs), meet the criteria for an antisocial personality disorder which is the newest version of psychopath/sociopath label. There is some differences in criteria, but all are bad people. This comment does not take into account legal cases including the intellectually challenged (MR) and other similarly connected diagnosis.

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

Mexicali~Slim
I would think most are SANE for a matter of time. Comitting the types of crimes doing what they do is not something a hit of coke cant take care of. I cant see how they would do all the shit they do not being on some type of high. Now, maybe after sniffing to much shit, seeing shit, commiting shit, would only make me think they end up loosing their mind and having to much shit in their heads.

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

Havana
I would vote for the sociopath label, TRC mentioned. Antisocial behavior sounds so broad/general and politically correct.  How long may I call a person a "sociopath" before I begin to sound "not with it" and "politically incorrect?"Or should I have already shifted over? TRC always seems a valuable source of information.

"meet the criteria for an antisocial personality disorder which is the newest version of psychopath/sociopath label."

There could be a very high percentage of mentally ill sicarios out there with every personality disorders under the sun thrown in for good measure.

Arm Chair Intellect. could weigh in on this with great expertise.

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

ArmChairIntellect
TRC is correct, antisocial would be their dx, however there are also perversions which could translate into some types of paranoia and psychosis, which could change the axis.   The role drugs play should also be considered.  As well as revenge and other emotions which factor into decisions.  That's my take, and no none of the Jefe's could use insanity as their defense, nor would they.  For the defense to work one must prove they were so detached from reality they were unaware of what they were doing.  These people are mainly sociopaths and psychopaths, like several have said they know what they are doing.
AJ

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

AJ
Sometimes narcos kill just because it's an order from a boss or they do it for the money in order to survive or support their family. I don't think that they are all these sadistic coke addicted murderers that many people portray them to be. Some are though. But many probably wish that they did'nt have to kill for money. I think that most of them just enjoy the drug hustling aspect of the game. They just want to make money and party. I met some narcos in Juarez and they were cool as hell. They just wanted to hustle in the daytime and party all night. Some of them got so big that all they had to do was call the shots and have the people under them do all the dirty work while I would always see them at the bars and stripclubs (especially the joker and amadeus). Then I met a professional sicario who confessed to killing over 20 people to the police. He was the leader of Los Linces, a strong arm of La Linea, and when I partied with him, he did'nt look or act like a drug addict or a professional killer. He also had a family who probably did'nt know that he was a coldhearted killer.

But some of them (are) psychotic fucks who love to chop up people and cut off their dicks with a dirty machete while they watch their victim's bleed to death. Some of them get a kick out of living in a country with an incompetent government that allows them to act like serial killers and get paid for it too.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

Some are but they are the ones who make mistakes and have early exits...as the result of heavy drug use but the majority are clear headed businessmen.
Honestly apart from their nasty business they live a normal family life, as much as possible when one is being hunted.

Chapo lives a very healthy life, said not to indulge in drugs or booze...if one thinks about it that would be pretty stupid, and they are a lot of things but stupid is not one of them
1-10-SIEMPRE

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

Mexicali~Slim
I agree with you ajulio and chivis but then again... how many people dont you hear about that put in work because it's the new trend. Alot of these hitman are just people off the streets that want to be known that they work for a cartel and make fast money. They are wiling to do anything. They are not all smart but ruthless. I'm sure some of these guys never even fired a gun. These are the same people that will never make it big. They are also the ones who get prendidos (high) before a job. Eventually they start screwing up and killed by their own because they cant be trusted and they are a liability to the cartel.

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

ArmChairIntellect
Just to be clear I was talking about the capos here, not the young or desperate.  You will find none of them has empathy, nor understands the pain they cause others, these are clear signs of an antisocial disorder.  Most of these people can have normal family lives, they can even "love" their family.  But that love is more for them and their own selfish needs than it is about their families.  Young people cannot be dx with personality disorders, 22 is the earliest we can dx them.  This is because up until someones mid twenties, people brains are still developing.  When they are younger than 22 they are labeled mood disorders NOS.

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

JesusTheMoose
El Lacra needs a padded cell and a rapejacket.
The only object of liberty is life. -- G. K. Chesterton

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

They estimate that 250K ni nis work for cartels.  That number astounded me.
Those are the a lot of the people you describe.  There are cartel enforcers from the bottom tier of the organization.  I always say those young faces you see on the dead in the aftermath of a shootout, those are the ni ni's.  They are hired to kill before being killed.

However the question this person asked was about leaders and that was what I was addressing.

as for the other members, enforcers, or sicarios cocaine and meth are used by many before killing.

Most of you have seen the Creel Video, for those who have not, a video camera captures a plan of a massacre being executed, from the convoy pulling up to the site, notice the bag of cocaine being passed around before the attack, then the actual attack, it is fascinating.  I believe it was in 2010

1-10-SIEMPRE

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

Mexicali~Slim
Agreed, I wanted to dig a little bit more into This topic from other view points and get some overall feedback. The video you attached was exactly what I was thinking about as I typed the original post.

Can you define "Ni nis" for me? I've never heard of that expression.

Thanks chivis.

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

Ni Nis means “ni estudian, ni trabajan”  ...neither work nor study.

There is an ongoing debate of the number of NiNis but the numbers are massive.

It is linked to the poverty level.  Even by the Mexican official number of 55% of the population (most people say it is  greater number.)  But of those people are the children.  And those children are ignored and considered attrition.
Mexico’s education system is deplorable.  But the NiNis get the crumbs, the worse of the worse and do not have the funds to pay for education in middle school or higher even if it was available.  So they are uneducated and have slim employment opportunity.  These kids 15-25 yrs old become the recruiting pool for the cartels.  Zetas and others have an unlimited supply of recruits.  The kids know they probably will die but take a short life with a few of the things they can never have otherwise in exchange for a long life of nothing.

Mexico’s prejudice view against the impoverished has come to bite them in the ass.  As I said I read there are 250K NiNis in cartels.  I think that is a high number but let’s say it is half that…wow, incredible.
Mexico dismissal of poor kids is beyond stupid.  In that attrition is some of Mexico’s best and brightest.  I have helped a number of these kids.  One kid named Benito I met hauling rocks at a construction site.  He was 13 and illiterate.  That was 3 years ago.  I arranged for a tutor and he is now at grade level and not only passed all his state and federal exams, he is consistently in the top 1%.  He works like nothing I have ever seen towards an education.  It is complicated by the fact his family uses bad grammar filled with slang and things like geography was completely a foreign language.  I have pledged to pay his university education if he continues to work so hard.  Hopefully the poverty cycle will be broken in that family. ....Paz, Chivis
1-10-SIEMPRE

Re: Narco leaders - mentally ill?

SINALOENSEBOY
CHIVIS, YOU HAVE THE BEST GRASP ON THESE ISSUES.......
THOSE THAT TALK DON'T KNOW, AND THOSE THAT KNOW DON'T TALK.....