Narco Soccer

Parro
Source:  https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=es&sp=nmt4&u=https://www.unionjalisco.mx/articulo/2020/04/02/deportes/la-mano-del-narco-en-el-futbol-mexicano&usg=ALkJrhi9FzbkrOrDQPGuW_KiaT0AkH9bdg

As soccer is the main hobby of Mexico and a millionaire business, it is not uncommon for drug traffickers to take an interest in business and, whether as fans, investors or team owners, leave their mark.

Due to the investigations of the State Government, it was verified that Tirso Martínez bought the First Division clubs Irapuato and Querétaro. The Mexican Federation realized the ill-gotten money in the investment and chose to disappear both franchises and try to get away from criminal groups.

The drug trafficker was detained in 2014 by the Mexican authorities, this character was linked to Amado Carrillo and Arturo Beltrán Leyva.

Raúl Flores Hernández, better known as El Tío, is another narco in love with soccer. The head of criminal groups is named as the owner of the Club Deportivo Morumbi AC, based in Zapopan, and who was the business name of Guerreros Autlán, a team with a presence in the Second and Third Divisions of Mexican soccer.

In addition, he was related to the soccer player Rafa Márquez, who accepted illegal money for his companies.

Days ago, the journalist Ignacio Suárez spoke of the day in which a drug lord Amado Carrillo was in a box at the Morelos Stadium in a 1990-1991 league game.

He claimed that 'El Señor de los Cielos' introduced himself as an engineer and invited him and his cameraman the best drinks and even helped the then governor of Michoacán, Genovevo Figueroa, take over the repairs of his stoned car by a mob bothered by the defeat of Morelia and its lodging expenses.

A file from the Colombian Prosecutor's Office documented that groups linked to drug trafficking laundered money in the Mexican clubs of Celaya, Santos, León and Salamanca.

This case could not be verified, but Carlos Ahumada, former owner of the lagoons and the beast, was accused of receiving money from Martínez.

The lower divisions are not exempt from this evil, after playing a game in Mexico City, the truck that was transporting the Second Division team, Raccoons from New Italy, was stopped by elements of the Office of the Special Prosecutor for Organized Crime Investigation (SEIDO) .

The agents were going by the owner of the club, identified as Wenceslao Álvarez, who was an alleged member of 'La Familia Michoacana'.

Re: Narco Soccer

El_Bujo
Nice work, Parro!

Did the recent main board post by Buggs influence this at all? If not, that’s one hell of a coincidence!

I know I sound like a broken record mentioning Italian organized crime, but the owning/management of soccer teams is huge in South ITA (Mezzogiorno, as they say in Italy). It’s gotten so bad that even members of the National team can’t help but get caught up in the mix..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394518/amp/Mario-Balotelli-tours-Italian-city-Mafia-bosses.html

JFYI — Mezzogiorno means Noon or Midday in Italian; I think they say that because the bottom half has more fun and more sun ;)

Re: Narco Soccer

Parro
Hey MX.  No I didn't see Buggs report on soccer on the main page since I don't usually follow the Mafia.  It will be interesting how sports will make a comeback with all this distancing.  I believe there will be a long, slow progress back to normality, but a vaccine is really needed to get the confidence going.  Stay healthy!