Murder of Texas Border Patrol Agent : Update

Murder of Texas Border Patrol Agent : Update

senorjoe
This post was updated on .
Update to origianal story at bottom.

Distinction: Javier, right, and his brother Jordy, left, both served in the Marines before Javier Jr. became a Border Patrol Agent

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2719011/I-not-rest-worthless-pieces-s-t-dead-Anguished-vow-mother-watched-duty-Border-Patrol-son-gunned-two-illegal-immigrants-deported-SIX-times-before.html#ixzz39k5iLvTn

I will not rest until these worthless pieces of shit are dead': Anguished vow of mother who watched two illegal immigrants - who had been deported SIX times before - gun down her off-duty Border Patrol son
Marie Vega watched as her son, Javier Jr., was gunned down in front of family on fishing trip in La Feria, Texas Two suspects are Mexican nationals who have been deported six times between them but came back over border. One is linked to spate of robberies involving notorious cartel
Marie, in emotional Facebook post, said: 'I wish a million times I had died and not you'
Police said mother picked up AR-15 and shot at suspects at they fled in car during fierce gunfight that erupted Javier's father was shot in hip in the attack but will be able to attend his son's funeral today

A mother who watched her cop son gunned down in front of her, his wife and his children allegedly at the hands of two illegal immigrants has vowed not to rest until his 'worthless piece of s**t' killers are dead.'
Heartbroken Marie Vega was on a family fishing trip with her husband Javier, son Javier Jr., his wife Paola and their three children when they were ambushed by two armed Mexican illegal immigrants who have been deported SIX times before in total.
Javier Jr and his father bravely tried to fight them off, but the off-duty Border Patrol Agent was fatally shot in the chest and Javier Sr was blasted in the hip.
Mexican nationals Gustavo Tijernia, 30 and Ismael Hernandez, 40 fled the scene and were arrested hours later after a huge man hunt.
The ruthless killing has again highlighted the border crisis plaguing the Obama administration which is struggling to contain a huge wave of illegal immigration across the border with Mexico which has stretched authorities to breaking point this year.
On Tuesday devastated Marie posted an emotionally charged message on her Facebook page alongside a picture of her beloved son.
Marie, who works as a photographer, wrote: 'My sweet sweet baby. I failed you oh sweet child of mine. I was supposed to protect you and keep you safe. I failed to save your life. I wish a million times I had died and not you. You are my life, my heart was ripped out when I lost you. I will not rest until these worthless pieces of s*** are dead.'
Hundreds of law enforcement officers turned out for Javier Vega's mass, held at St. Francis Xavier Church in La Feria on Thursday. The car lot was packed with State Trooper Vehicles, local police cars and SUV's from Javier's colleagues in The Border Patrol.

His devastated family, including his injured father, Javier Snr arrived in a white limousine, behind a hearse.
As his coffin was carried out at the end of the ceremony, officers held up the flags of The Border Patrol, The US Marine Corp and The Stars and Stripes.

Javier was a Border Patrol veteran of six years and had previously served in the U.S. Marine Corp, like his brother Jordy.
On Sunday he travelled to his favorite fishing hole around 20 minutes north of La Feria with his mother, father, wife and three boys Javier Vega III, Jiovanni, and Jarod.
Tijernia and Hernandez pulled up to the secluded spot in a car and tried to rob them at gun point.
When Javier bravely reached for his weapon, they shot him in the chest. TheBlaze reported that his last words were 'keep shooting, dad'. It is believed Javier Sr then grabbed the gun and shot at the robbers, but was blasted in the hip. He has now been released from hospital.

Willacy County Sheriff Larry Spence told TheBlaze that Marie even picked up an AR-15 rifle and shot at the suspects' vehicle as the suspects fled.
They eventually crashed their car and took refuge in a neighbor's house. The home owner alerted Border Patrol officers to their location and scores of agents moved in to arrest them.
They were arraigned on Tuesday and charged with capital murder, attempted capital murder, four counts of aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence.
Fox News has reported Tijernia - who is the alleged gunman - could also face charges in connection with a string of similar attacks in Cameron County over the last six weeks, believed to be linked to the infamous Gulf Cartel.
The ruthless crime syndicate is one of the oldest, most established in Mexico and is based out of the suspects' home town of Matamoros, directly across the border from Brownsville, Texas.
Its primary business is drug smuggling, but it also operates through protection rackets, assassinations, extortions and kidnappings. It is believed it has recently branched out into robbing U.S. citizens, before smuggling their belongings back across the border.
Fox News claims sources have informed them Tijernia is expected to be charged with four counts of aggravated robbery and one conspiracy organized crime charge.
They state one of Tijernia's earlier victims was another off-duty Border Patrol agent who was also out fishing when he was robbed.

The crew would fire warning shots at fishermen, before ordering them to hand over jewelry, cash and keys to their cars, Fox News states.
On Tuesday fox also reported both Tijernia, 30 and Hernandez, 40 had been arrested and deported numerous times.
According to court records, Tijerina, who also goes by the name Tijerina-Sandoval, pleaded guilty to entering the U.S. illegally on July 9, 2007. He was given a 30-day sentence with credit for time served and charged a $10 fee.
Three months later, on Oct. 4, he was again found guilty of entering the country illegally and was sentenced to 60 days in jail and $10 fee. In a criminal complaint, he said he entered the U.S.on Sept. 1 and was confronted by border patrol agents near Weslaco, Texas, on Oct. 3. He had waded across the Rio Grande River near Progreso, Mexico, court records show.
A year later, on Oct. 25, 2008, he again entered the U.S by crossing the river. On Nov. 18, 2008, he was given 90 days in jail and another $10 special assessment fee.
On Dec. 15, 2009, Tijerina was indicted by a grand jury on charges of entering the U.S. illegally yet again.
The indictment says he 'had previously been denied admission, excluded, deported and removed, knowing and unlawfully was present in the United States having been found near Edinburg, Texas.'
Court records say he had not obtained permission from the U.S. attorney general and the secretary of homeland security to reapply for admission into the U.S.
A warrant was issued for his arrest stating he faced up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
He was held without bond on Jan. 26, 2010 and was given nine months in jail and fined $100.
Sources confirmed to Fox News that these cases involved the same Tijerina who is accused of slaying of Javier Vega.
The sources also said Hernandez, the second suspect, has been deported twice for entering the U.S. illegally.
These shocking revelations come at a time when the government is under intense scrutiny over its immigration policy and control of the U.S. border with Mexico.
President Obama faces a growing humanitarian crisis as more than 57,000 children have arrived unaccompanied at the border. Lawmakers have expressed concern that gang members and criminals  have slipped in as authorities struggle to deal with the flood.
Obama has called on Congress to quickly approve his request for $3.7 billion in emergency funding to deal with the crisis amid calls from some Republicans to deploy the National Guard at the border.
Javier Vega's murder has sent shockwaves through the local community.
Yesterday Border Patrol's Chief Patrol Agent Kevin Oaks said: 'Words cannot express our sorrow for the loss of our brother, when we lose one of our own, it feels as if we've lost a beloved member of our own family.
'I wish to express to his family and friends my deepest condolences. May the peace that comes from the memories of the time you shared together, comfort you now and in the difficult days ahead.'
'The Kingsville Station is at a loss,'said Kingsville Station Acting Patrol Agent in Charge Arnold Perez.
'Not only did Javier strive to be the best agent and K-9 handler, but he also made it a point to develop and truly care about his friendships.'
The National Border Patrol Council has set up a memorial fund for Javier's widow and his three children.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2719011/I-not-rest-worthless-pieces-s-t-dead-Anguished-vow-mother-watched-duty-Border-Patrol-son-gunned-two-illegal-immigrants-deported-SIX-times-before.html#ixzz39k5J8jdx

RAYMONDVILLE, Texas -- Two illegal immigrants from Mexico who were charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of an off-duty U.S. Border Patrol agent in front of his family in Texas have been arrested and deported numerous times, police sources told FoxNews.com.

One suspect has been arrested no fewer than four times for entering the U.S. illegally, according to federal court records. The other has been deported twice after entering the U.S. illegally, sources said.

Gustavo Tijerina, 30, and Ismael Hernandez, 40, were arraigned Tuesday afternoon inside the Willacy County jail library. They were ordered held without bail after being charged with capital murder of a peace officer, attempted murder, and a variety of lesser charges.

The pair, who have been living in Texas illegally, confessed after being interviewed multiple times Monday to killing Border Patrol agent Javier Vega Jr. in front of his wife and two kids and his parents Sunday night while they were fishing in Santa Monica, Sheriff Larry Spence told FoxNews.com.

They finally confessed to the robbery and indicated they knew they had killed someone, but did not know it was an off-duty Border Patrol agent, Spence said in an interview in his office Tuesday morning.

"They do now," he said.

When asked how the suspects reacted when they learned the victim was a Border Patrol agent, Spence said, "shock and concern."

The sheriff said the two suspects were likely connected to cartels or other criminal gangs.

"They claim to have been involved in other incidents, this means you've got stolen vehicles going into Mexico," he said.

"Everything is going to be cartel-related, there's a connection somehow.

"This is not the first episode of border violence in Willacy County but it's the first time someone's been killed," he said.

Tijerina, who according to records was arrested at least four times between 2007 and 2010 for entering the U.S. illegally, and Hernandez allegedly approached Vega and his family and tried to rob them on Sunday night. When Vega pulled out his weapon, the suspects allegedly shot him in the chest, killing him.Vega's father was shot in the hip and is recovering at a nearby hospital.

According to court records, Tijerina, who also goes by the name Tijerina-Sandoval, pleaded guilty to entering the U.S. illegally on July 9, 2007. He was given a 30-day sentence with credit for time served and charged a $10 fee.

Three months later, on Oct. 4, he was again found guilty of entering the country illegally and was sentenced to 60 days in jail and $10 fee. In a criminal complaint, he said he entered the U.S. on Sept. 1 and was encountered by border patrol agents near Weslaco, Texas, on Oct. 3. He had waded across the Rio Grande River near Progreso, Mexico, court records show.

A year later, on Oct. 25, 2008, he again crossed into the U.S. by wading across the river. On Nov. 18, 2008, he was given 90 days in jail and another $10 special assessment fee.

On Dec. 15, 2009, Tijerina was indicted by a grand jury on charges of entering the U.S. illegally yet again. The indictment says he "had previously been denied admission, excluded, deported and removed, knowing and unlawfully was present in the United States having been found near Edinburg, Texas." Court records say he had not obtained consent from the U.S. attorney general and the secretary of homeland security to reapply for admission into the U.S.

A warrant issued for his arrest said he faced up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

He was held without bond on Jan. 26, 2010. He was given nine months in jail and fined $100.

Sources confirmed that these court cases involved the same Tijerina in custody for killing the Border Patrol agent. They said Hernandez, the other suspect, has been deported twice for entering the U.S. illegally.

Both Tijerina and Hernandez were arraigned on seven charges: capital murder of a peace officer, attempted murder, four counts each of aggravated robbery and one count of tampering with evidence. When asked by the judge if they wanted to notify the Mexican Consulate and if they wanted attorneys, both said yes. Each also wanted to be allowed to call family members.

At 12:45pm, the first suspect, Tijerina, appeared before Judge George Solis. He wore an orange short-sleeve shirt and pants and black flip flops with silver chains around his ankles. His blood-shot eyes bulged in apparent surprise when the judge told him he faced seven different counts.

Tijerina at several points during his arraignment looked around the room and stared at each person, including this reporter and two others, and the county sheriff.

When the charges were being read, Tejerina interrupted to say there was no robbery. Sources told FoxNews.com Tejerina is the one believed to allegedly have fired the shots that killed Vega.

As he was being walked out, he asked if he could have a Bible from the library shelf. He was told he would be brought one later in his cell.

After Tijerina had been escorted out of the small room, Hernandez, thin and lanky and wearing dark green prison garb, was brought in about 1:10pm. He was more vocal than the first suspect. When told of the seven charges he was facing, Hernandez exclaimed "seven charges?" in Spanish.

"I don't understand why I'm being accused of so many things," he told the judge.

Hernandez said he tested negative for gunshot powder. Sources said this suspect’s job in the robbery-turned-murder was to drive the car they planned to steal.

Hernandez said he wanted to tell his wife and his brothers "who live here" what had happened.

"I wish I could let my wife know and my brothers, the ones who are here," he said.

When he was told a lawyer would be provided if he couldn't afford one, Hernandez said, "Yo no tengo deniro. No tengo nada." ("I don't have money, I don't have anything.")

They appeared before Pct. 2 Justice of the Peace George Solis Tuesday afternoon.
The arraignment was held in the Willacy County jail library, for security reasons, Sheriff Larry Spence said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/05/suspects-in-murder-border-patrol-agent-arrested-and-deported-numerous-times/

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

WonderBread
Is the border patrol taking family members on ride alongs?

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

Siskiyou_Kid
The victim was off-duty, fishing with his family.

The bigots already have their panties in a bunch over undocumented immigrants, and now they really in a tizzy.

I've already seen racist memes posted about this.

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

El"H"
Well tbh in this case you cant blame them for being angry.

Well, why don't they hate on all rednecks when a murder is committed by some country hick?

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

WonderBread
Siskiyou_Kid wrote
Well, why don't they hate on all rednecks when a murder is committed by some country hick?
That's good ole boy crime,

or when a hick kills a bunch of little kids in schools?

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

TexcocoDeMora
Unbelievable,  he asked if he could have a Bible. Mother fucker please!!!! God can no longer help your ass.

30 and 40 ... they both look 40 ish to me.

I smell capital punishment.
http://narcconoticias.blogspot.com/

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

jlopez
It's capital punishment on at least two grounds under Texas law. First, murder of a law enforcement officer. Second, murder in the commission of a felony. They will fry.

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

deelucky1
This should go both ways when they kill kids throwing rocks these kind of stuff makes BP hate migrant more.
TRC

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

TRC
I hate to look at it this way but maybe these incidents can force mainstream media to report more about what is going on in Mexico.

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

Maddy
Murder of a peace offifer?..I thought he is border patrol, should be capital murder a federal agent..not peace officer..

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

I also smell the death penalty Texas is notorious for that.leading the country with the most executions.

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

1966tinman
  The murder of Officer Javier Vega Jr.  will obviously fuel a lot of debate over illegal immigration and border security .  I can only express my sympathy for the grieving family of the slain victim and hope that he is not forgotten amid all the political debate .  I'm reminded of an experience I  had a few years back  in Veracruz , when a Salvadoran man was accused of killing three Mexicans in a robbery . The indignation and outcry from Mexicans sounded a lot like the Minutemen , here , in the U.S. I recall reading letters to the editor in the city's newspapers calling for sealing the southern border and deporting every single Central and South American in Mexico .  I've been stationed and have lived in dozens of foreign countries  and have witnessed some political fallout from incidents like the murder of Border agent Vega .  In Europe , there are some nationalist political parties that were borne out  of citizens' outrage over the so-called " problems " caused by illegal immigration . In Germany , I witnessed neo-Nazis rampaging through parts of Hamburg destroying shops owned by Turks , Lebanese and African merchants . Hopefully , violent acts like this murder will serve as a reminder that crime does not pay and that justice will prevail in the end   , regardless of the perpetrator's or victim's ethnicity or nationality .

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

senorjoe

Tex, do you know if due to the fact that he was off duty, that this will be treated as a civilian matter as opposed to a federal crime, as border patrol are federal employees like a U.S. postman?

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

Mexico-Watcher
1966tinman wrote
[...]
Tinman:  Good post.

Over the years, mostly in the Southwest USA, I've witnessed what you described. Hypocrites!
BTW: I am completely against Obama's and "HIS" Democrats in angling to "give" amnesty to illegal immigrants of any kind.

S^&t!  I don't care if Latinos get mad at those of us who feel and think like me.  I've lived in nice Latino and mixed neighborhoods that became "barrio" danger zones.  This mainly due to the "open" door policies of greedy politicians and profiteers and America's liberal policies of not enforcing laws in meaningful ways. Sheesh, $10 "F"ing, Fu^king fines!

America is being destroyed right before our stupid eyes by millions of scofflaws and criminals. America's so-called "Rule of Law" is a mockery as practiced by Obama and the Democrats.  In not enforcing our sovereignty and criminal laws , America is no better than Mexico in corruption and smoke and mirrors law enforcement because ... at least all Mexicans admit that their country is lawless and corrupt.

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

escierto
Maybe you want to be one of the militia men, Mexico Watcher? Sounds like you got a lot of hate for Latinos and Mexicans that you want to release?
JMB

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

JMB
Er, Obama wasn't Pres until the end of Jan 2009. Also, the current Admin is catchinh hell from immigrant groups for deporting more people than the Bush & Clinton Admins combined. So whatever with your rant.

And who is selling nice homes in the big Red State of Texas to so many known Narcos?
JMB

Yes. The Mxn govt will fuss but Tx will fry them for the robbery-murder; peace officer or not. Mom seems to be a determined Latina-American.

Re: Two Illegal Aliens Murder Texas Border Patrol Agent in Front of His Family

TexcocoDeMora
senorjoe wrote
Tex, do you know if due to the fact that he was off duty, that this will be treated as a civilian matter as opposed to a federal crime, as border patrol are federal employees like a U.S. postman?
I don't know, but I don't think it matter, they are fucked. Texas don't fuck around. If you kill an officer of the law you are dead.

California is the number one state with about 800 current dead row inmates, Florida second about 400, and Texas is the third one about 300, but Texas is the number one in executions, about 500 inmates have been executed in Texas, more than double of any other state.

They are dead.
http://narcconoticias.blogspot.com/

Re: Murder of Texas Border Patrol Agent : Update

1966tinman
I have on occasion seen some posts critical of the Border Patrol on BB and hope no one here will celebrate the death of BP agent  Javier Vega Jr . Usually when someone is callous about a tragedy like this murder , that person is often the type that could or would perpetrate a similar crime .  I don't believe there is any justification for randomly killing someone in cold-blood . Thankfully , we still live in a country that believes in the rule of law . Not suprisingly , someone alluded to the fact that my home state of Texas , executes criminals at a higher rate than the rest of the U.S.  Hopefully , justice will be served in this matter and maybe we can all  empathize  with the victims of crimes , instead of with the perpetrators .
12