Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

Video w/footage of crime scene:  http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/Two-Kansans-killed-in-Mexico/i7rVoaEd1EuuhMUfkqX7EQ.cspx

who the hell are these people?  From Kansas, yet Tx lic plates, no one can determine exactly where they are from, but rumor is at least the son was living in el paso..

Two U.S. citizens killed as gunmen attack SUV in Juárez
By Daniel Borunda / El Paso Times

Two U.S. citizens were among four people killed when gunmen attacked an SUV in Juárez over the weekend, officials said Monday.

The four were riding in a blue Dodge Durango with Texas plates peppered with gunshots from assault rifles Friday evening on Eje Vial Juan Gabriel and Zaragoza boulevard, the Chihuahua state attorney general's office said.

An official with the U.S. Consulate in Juárez confirmed two of the dead were U.S. citizens. They were identified as Pablo Noe Williams, 19, and his mother Rosa Williams, 35, and are listed as being from Kansas.

A spokesman for the Chihuahua state attorney general's office said the young man was from El Paso. The other people killed were Alberto Nieto Nieto, 24, and Alma Yesenia Flores, 21.

from the state department travel warnings:

Violence along the U.S. - Mexico Border
You should be especially aware of safety and security concerns when visiting the northern border states of Northern Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Nuevo Leon, and Tamaulipas. Much of the country's narcotics-related violence has occurred in the border region. More than a third of all U.S. citizens killed in Mexico in 2010 whose deaths were reported to the U.S. government were killed in the border cities of Ciudad Juarez and Tijuana. Narcotics-related homicide rates in the border states of Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas have increased dramatically in the past two years.

Carjacking and highway robbery are serious problems in many parts of the border region and U.S. citizens have been murdered in such incidents. Most victims who complied with carjackers at these checkpoints have reported that they were not physically harmed. Incidents have occurred during the day and at night, and carjackers have used a variety of techniques, including bumping moving vehicles to force them to stop and running vehicles off the road at high speed. There are some indications that criminals have particularly targeted newer and larger vehicles with U.S. license plates, especially dark-colored SUVs. However, victims' vehicles have included those with both Mexican and American registration and vary in type from late model SUVs and pick-up trucks to old sedans.

If you make frequent visits to border cities, you should vary your route and park in well-lighted, guarded and paid parking lots. Exercise caution when entering or exiting vehicles.

Large firefights between rival TCOs or TCOs and Mexican authorities have taken place in towns and cities in many parts of Mexico, especially in the border region. Firefights have occurred in broad daylight on streets and in other public venues, such as restaurants and clubs. During some of these incidents, U.S. citizens have been trapped and temporarily prevented from leaving the area. The location and timing of future armed engagements cannot be predicted. You are urged to defer travel to those areas mentioned in this Travel Warning and to exercise extreme caution when traveling throughout the northern border region.

Northern Baja California: Targeted TCO assassinations continue to take place in Northern Baja California, including the city of Tijuana. You should exercise caution in this area, particularly at night. In late 2010, turf battles between criminal groups proliferated and resulted in numerous assassinations in areas of Tijuana frequented by U.S. citizens. Shooting incidents, in which innocent bystanders have been injured, have occurred during daylight hours throughout the city. In one such incident, an American citizen was shot and seriously wounded.

Nogales and Northern Sonora: You are advised to exercise caution in the city of Nogales. Northern Sonora is a key region in the international drug and human trafficking trades, and can be extremely dangerous for travelers. The U.S. Consulate requires that armored vehicles are used for official travel in the consular district of Nogales, including certain areas within the city of Nogales. The region west of Nogales, east of Sonoyta, and from Caborca north, including the towns of Saric, Tubutama and Altar, and the eastern edge of Sonora bordering Chihuahua, are known centers of illegal activity. You should defer non-essential travel to these areas.

You are advised to exercise caution when visiting the coastal town of Puerto Peñasco. In the past year there have been multiple incidents of TCO-related violence, including the shooting of the city's police chief. U.S. citizens visiting Puerto Peñasco are urged to cross the border at Lukeville, AZ, to limit driving through Mexico and to limit travel to main roads during daylight hours.

Ciudad Juarez and Chihuahua: The situation in the state of Chihuahua, specifically Ciudad Juarez, is of special concern. Ciudad Juarez has the highest murder rate in Mexico. Mexican authorities report that more than 3,100 people were killed in Ciudad Juarez in 2010. Three persons associated with the Consulate General were murdered in March, 2010. You should defer non-essential travel to Ciudad Juarez and to the Guadalupe Bravo area southeast of Ciudad Juarez. U.S. citizens should also defer non-essential travel to the northwest quarter of the state of Chihuahua. From the United States, these areas are often reached through the Columbus, NM, and Fabens and Fort Hancock, TX, ports-of-entry. In both areas, U.S. citizens have been victims of narcotics-related violence. There have been incidents of narcotics-related violence in the vicinity of the Copper Canyon in Chihuahua.

Durango, Coahuila and Zacatecas: Between 2006 and 2010, the number of narcotics-related murders in the State of Durango increased dramatically. Several areas in the state have seen sharp increases in violence and remain volatile and unpredictable. U.S. government employees are restricted from traveling to the cities of Durango and Gomez Palacio. You should defer non-essential travel to these cities.

The State of Coahuila has also experienced an increase in violent crimes and narcotics-related murders. U.S. government employees are restricted from traveling to the area known as "La Laguna", including the city of Torreon, and the city of Saltillo within the state. You should defer non-essential travel to this area, as well as to the cities of Piedras Negras and Ciudad Acuña due to frequent incidents of TCO-related violence.

The northwestern portion of the state of Zacatecas has become notably dangerous and insecure. Robberies and carjackings are occurring with increased frequency and both local authorities and residents have reported a surge in observed TCO activity. This area is remote, and local authorities are unable to regularly patrol it or quickly respond to incidents that occur there. The Consulate General in Monterrey restricts travel for U.S. government employees to the city of Fresnillo and the area extending northwest from Fresnillo along Highway 45 (Fresnillo-Sombrete) between Highways 44 and 49. In addition, highway 49 northwards from Fresnillo through Durango and in to Chihuahua is isolated and should be considered dangerous. You should defer non-essential travel to these areas.

Monterrey and Nuevo Leon: The level of violence and insecurity in Monterrey remains elevated. Local police and private patrols do not have the capacity to deter criminal elements or respond effectively to security incidents. As a result of a Department of State assessment of the overall security situation, on September 10, 2010, the Consulate General in Monterrey became a partially unaccompanied post with no minor dependents of U.S. government employees permitted.

TCOs continue to use stolen cars and trucks to create roadblocks or "blockades" on major thoroughfares, preventing the military or police from responding to criminal activity in Monterrey and the surrounding areas. Travelers on the highways between Monterrey and the United States (notably through Nuevo Laredo and Matamoros/Reynosa) have been targeted for robbery that has resulted in violence. They have also been caught in incidents of gunfire between criminals and Mexican law enforcement. In 2010, TCOs kidnapped guests out of reputable hotels in the downtown Monterrey area, blocking off adjoining streets to prevent law enforcement response. TCOs have also regularly attacked local government facilities, prisons and police stations, and engaged in public shootouts with the military and between themselves. Pedestrians and innocent bystanders have been killed in these incidents.

The number of kidnappings and disappearances in Monterrey, and increasingly throughout Monterrey's consular district, is of particular concern. Both the local and expatriate communities have been victimized and local law enforcement has provided little to no response. In addition, police have been implicated in some of these incidents. Travelers and residents are strongly advised to lower their profile and avoid displaying any evidence of wealth that might draw attention.

Tamaulipas: You should defer non-essential travel to the state of Tamaulipas. In an effort to prevent the military or police from responding to criminal activity, TCOs have set up roadblocks or "blockades" in various parts of Nuevo Laredo in which armed gunmen carjack and rob unsuspecting drivers. These blockades occur without warning and at all times, day and night. The Consulate General prohibits employees from entering the entertainment zone in Nuevo Laredo known as "Boys Town" because of concerns about violent crime in that area. U.S. government employees are currently restricted from travelling on the highway between Nuevo Laredo and Monterrey, as well as on Mexican Highway 2 towards Reynosa or Ciudad Acuña due to security concerns.

Be aware of the risks posed by armed robbery and carjacking on state highways throughout Tamaulipas. In January 2011, a U.S. citizen was murdered in what appears to have been a failed carjacking attempt. While no highway routes through Tamaulipas are considered safe, many of the crimes reported to the U.S. Consulate General in Matamoros took place along the Matamoros-Tampico highway, particularly around San Fernando and the area north of Tampico.

EP Times
Wichita Eagle
KC Star

Tex

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

Tex

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

†.©ĤİVǾ.†
AJ

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

AJ
A lot of people go to mexico to visit parents or relatives. Some people go to juarez to buy cheaper medication because the u.s. charges way too much. Juarez is a place that many americans visit because of the doctors and dentists. They are way cheaper and the when it comes to medicine and medical help, the u.s. is too expensive for some people and so people from el paso cross over to juarez in the thousands everyday.

The sad thing is that many juarenses are now preying on these americans. Juarez has over a thousand kidnapping cells now. The sad thing is that most of these kidnappings are never announced to the public. I said it a while ago, that many americans would fall prey to violent crimes in juarez. Many poor juarenses believe that all americans have availability to money and thats just not the case.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

final sleep-2

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

Anyone that says that Mx is infested with violence and is too dangerous to venture in is ill informed of what truly exists.  New figures just released of International intnetional homicide rates...

Mx=  mex is 41st in the world of an ave of 15 per 100K asa a country.  taken away 8-10 states and it becomes one of the safest in the world.  2/3 of M has a very low murder rate , places like Yucatan is only 2 per 100K or BC Sur 4.

I bet not one person on this blog realizes that Zs have made a big move into El Salvador, making it now the most dangerous country on the planet.  jumping for 54 per 100K to 71 per 100K.

BTW  CHIVO WOULD YOU TRAVEL TO WASHINGTON DC?

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

El Regio
good luck....

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

katattx
You have a good point, but when your options are pull a tooth yourself, or walk across the bridge..well I walked across the bridge. There are LOTS of Americans who need life-sustaining meds and simply will not have them unless they cross the border. That being said, I do not venture more than 3 blocks into MX! I'm fanatical about saftey and precautions as well. I sincerly hope the situation calms down soon.

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

katattx
DC is the murder capital of the US right Buela? I would travel there if I needed to but not just for fun. Especially certain parts of DC!

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

Havana
Buela hola:

Please give us an iota of credit here.  I know about the Zetas in El Salvador.  So, then it has got to be common knowledge.  Also, I remember reading a BB while I was in Mexico say in June of this year about that very subject.

Statistics can feel like mexican math.

I was in D.C. a while ago. It's fine.  Nice even. I like it.  But then again, basically I'm easily fascinated.
I don't go to the roughest part of any city. And I don't go to Juarez right now cause I don't need to.  And if I did. Tooth aches are bad. I can't answer that.  I take the coata road around Monterrey.  My family requests avoiding my little bus trips for the time being since my usual bus back from Mexico was shot up. I probably would do that without thinking much about it again.  .

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

Very little info...i searched in vain for fotos and other details.  But I honestly think they may have been targets for one reason or the other

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

I give you lots of credit. OOGLES... and Armchair, Chivo,  Ajulio, Regio, DD, texcoco, Final, Mano  etc those really caring about what is going on.

Messican math?  these are not Mx figures in many states MX does not tally the homicides...I compile international figures from several sources whcih are pretty darn close.  ther figures I have are up to date.  the biggest change is El Salvador.  You are special Wen, you tear into resources much like I do, most people do not know about CA.  and clearly not about El Salvador a country until this year was considered one of the safer CA countries.

I would travel to DC...that was not the point it was for Chivo who declares STAY AWAY FROM MX.
Chivo is a nice guy but has two colors of paint-black and white.

WHat I am saying...know where you are going, research and make an informed decision.  I would not go to certain cities unless an emergency.

2/3 of MX is safer or as safe as US

Washington DC murder rate is 24 per capita

and proof that most peeps do not care about CA is in the amount of hits CA posts rec.

SOME OF THE DATA i USE:

UN SURVEY OF CRIME
CBS STATISTICAL ABSTRACT
US DEPT OF JUSTICE
HOMICIDE TREND-FBI
NATION MASTER
CRIME & SOCIETY COMARATIVE

I check each month for Mx states and CA to determine change trends...like el salvador was pretty shocking in the short lenth of time..(6 months)

AJ

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

AJ
the thing that makes mexico so crazy is that it's unpredictable. some places are beautiful. some places have lots of americans. some places are tranquil. what makes mexico such a scary place is that at anytime, any of these places can explode with violence.

it was not that long ago that my cousin's stepfather was kidnapped in a dentists office in juarez. they beat him up enough to scare him and held him hostage for about 5 days. they demanded, i think $25,000 but the man's family could only come up with, i believe, $5,000. after the beating, they treated him fair. they offered him water and food but he politely said no. the man's brother dropped off the money next to a police station (wtf) and then a few hours later they dropped off the man somewhere out in the desert. they did'nt kill him.....but had his family not been able to pay the ransom, they would of surely killed him. they later traced the kidnappers cell phones and captured them. it was two police brothers and family members who were involved in this kidnapping.

that's how it is in mexico. one minute, you're in a dentist's office and the next your blind folded and handcuffed in some strange room not knowing if your going to be killed. mexico right now is too unpredictable.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

yes but ajulio...that is in juarez, one almost expects that.  however i soon have to travel there with my new project.
but that is my choice and one i know fully exposes me to danger but when one factors in population vs incident
the % there are still very small.  aginst tourists it is even less.

[...]

http://borderland-beat.924382.n3.nabble.com/Mother-Son-From-Kansas-Killed-In-Juarez-tp3392540p3395483.html
To unsubscribe from Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez, click here.

AJ

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

AJ
Buela

You are smart and definitely not naive so i'm sure you'll be okay. I've been there hundreds of times and never have i seen any violence except a few bar fights but please be careful. The municipal police once tried to steal a customer of mines' truck. She was a slightly older lady who was at a drug store in the daytime and they had followed her there. She went into the drug store and noticed that they were waitiing for her so she stayed inside until they left. But they waited outside for about 30 minutes for her. She also saw another woman get shot to death with an ak-47 on the free bridge inside her car. Juarenses like to rob trucks and the majority of the crimes seem to happen from 8pm till 12am. At night, the streets are kinda quiet. You don't really even see any police at night. Many of the crimes seem to happen more deeper inside, in the central side, in barrio aztecas, and in the zarragoza area.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

dario
1/3 of the Juarez police are believed to work for Linea.
AJ

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

AJ
Be careful Buela, there are hundreds of kidnapping cells always looking to kidnap rich americans. I would advise you not to go but........if you're gonna go, make sure you go as quietly as possible because word gets around juarez very fast. After you get back, let us know what you think about the juarenses and the city. It is'nt monterrey but what makes the city special is the people. They are honest hard working people.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

I plan on using my "peasant" look...  seriously I have learned how to blend.   I was wondering, I will be working with priests (shelters) and
though they claim no added danger I wonder what forum peeps think...do narcos just ignore the shelters?  Becuase on Coahuila they have
been targets.  I have friends in El Paso and will return there each day and not stay in Juarez

http://borderland-beat.924382.n3.nabble.com/Mother-Son-From-Kansas-Killed-In-Juarez-tp3392540p3395599.html
To unsubscribe from Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez, click here.

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez

guero
What part of Kansas were they from?  I am also from Kansas and was just wondering.

Also, I have been to Mexico twice within the past year, by bus and rode with family of my girlfriend.  I would agree with Buela, it is not as bad as alot of people make it seem.  Granted, Guanajuato (where I go) is one of the safer states/areas, if you are smart and aware, you will be fine for the most part traveling through Mexico.

Just wanted to give my experiences/input, long time reader of this site and enjoy reading the discussions you guys provide.

Re: Mother & Son From Kansas Killed In Juarez-video posted

Hola!

It is a mystery where they are from.  Immediately I began searching Kansas media and blogs for personal info.  and it appears not even they can determine where.

See the video I just posted it also has footage of the crime scene

One thing;  the durango lic plate had Tx plates.....paz, Buela