Most powerfull Cartel

roffasouth
What is the most powerfull cartel at the moment? Because i read some news that Sinaloa cartel doesnt control that much anymore, and that the beltrans are still in the game. And please no ''THE CARTEL IS A CANCER'' bullshit. I think the most powerfull cartels are CDS and zetas.(tough i hate zetas 100% )

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

JaliscoCA
List
1. CDS/Cartel de Sinaloa
2. Zetas
3. Cartel del Golfo
4. Cartel del Juarez/Linea
5. CT/ caballeros templarios
6. AFO/ arrellano felix cartel
7. Beltran leyva cartel
8. Famila michocana

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

Buenos días!

Powerful?  power equates into money or capability of control thru terror or offensive/defensive retribution.

I agree with your 1-2.  Sinaloa is still #1, and yes they have weaken and have taken some huge financial hits but because of their business/ strategy  acumen they have been able to absorb the hits, their future is depdendant on how well they percieve the last letters offensive plan both in Mx and as in important outside Mx.  Be clear Sinaloa has a healthy respect and concern of the Zs capability.  If money is your standard SInaloa remains number one.

Zs have been pretty much dismissed as unorganzied, weak thugs by many of BB readers.  By those who really become emotional by the terror and horror left in their wake.  However, if one takes the time to research the cartel one would discover that those dead bodies are not representative of big hits against the Zs, but from the attrition, the bottom layer of foot soldiers designed to take the bloodbath leaving the middle layer fully operational.  Zs are highly organized and have accomplished in a few short years what took sinaloa a couple of decades to accomplish.  Zs top layer of decision makers are extremely intuitive cultimating in surprisingly intelligent decisions such as formulating a ground structure in Central American and Europe far before Mexico became the hot bed it has become.  Using the bottom layer and halcones are other examples.  IMO Zs are the more sucessful warriors, having no conscience, taking no prisoners battling by terror.  If one speaks of power from attack Zs would be number 1.

I am writing a post about Zs alliance with Europe transnational groups.  I was interested in why Obama calls Zs enemy number 1 of all the Mx cartels.  What I have found is both Mx and US recognizing the alliance I spoke of with the Italian Mafia and that their power (MDCs-TOCs) now supercedes Colombia in Europe.

 I think what may happen is an agreement between Sinaloa and Zs...not an alliance by any stretch of the imagination, but an agreement of certain territories.  It would be a smart and pragmatic solution as they infiltrate global markets.  In such an alliance, one can be assured it will be challenged one day, but as the two groups battle new problems in new markets an agreement makes sense.

as for Jalisco's list.  Not bad.  I agree except with Kts (number 5) should be at bottom with familia.  They are in disarray and limited power.  For now they both are in the cellar.  I M O

My daily "dos"...

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

JaliscoCA
Hello buela, I've read your comments and more recently your posts on bb forums and I think they're great in detail and information on what's really going down in mexico.

As for my list thank you for giving a good thought on how strong mexican cartels stand. I've pretty much nailed it through from reading bb, bdn, MN (mundo narco) and zeta tijuana. But as 5-8 those cartels to me seem to be struggling due internal fighting like the famila and kt's or like what's awfully happening in acapulco. But something is really different with the AFO's they seem weak but "Low key" on how they operate and just recently I just read a post on bb that they arrest 5 AFO' members.

As for a CDS and Zeta alliance its seem an a impossible thing to happen and I don't think it will happen but it could be a some what bad idea for mexico. But if it did happen it just might end some fighting mexico but who knows what will happen over time.

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

perhaps...acutally after 1-2-3 they all are so far removed it doesn't matter.

you are correct no alliance...I said as much that I was not speaking of an alliance that is totally different..what I said is an agreement.  just  simplistic agreement in some territory saying thats yours and this is mine...for now.  becuase they are considered (both) transnational criminal organizations and if they don't agree in some territories they will be spread to thin and will suffer huge losses.  so its simply a business action, temporal, for sure, but it makes good buiness sense and they are no matter what people think excellent business organizations.

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

MANO
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

Guerro
1. CDS/Cartel de Sinaloa
2. Zetas
3. Cartel del Golfo
4. Cartel del Juarez/Linea
5. AFO/ arrellano felix cartel
6. CT/ caballeros templarios

The following are basically on the brink of collapse or if you can even call them cartels:
7. Beltran leyva cartel
8. Famila michocana
9. La Mano con ojos
10. CIDA

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

Why did the forming of La Linea bother the other groups?  The Aztecas?  Weren't they always working with Juarez cartel?

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

CarreteraDurangoMazatlan
I  agree with Buela and I believe it is worth pointing out that CDS is in some ways operating at a level of power that Los Zs do not, and will not (with the current leadership) ever achieve.  The CDS is light years ahead of Los Zs as far as the popular support of the citizens in the areas the CDS owns (but not necessarily the newer areas they now control).

Having lived and owned businesses in southern Sinaloa I've witnessed and even been apart of the popular support that CDS has enjoyed for over 20 years and still enjoys today (and perhaps at even a greater level today).  Extortions and kidnapping rarely victimize our citizens in the southern part of Sinaloa, and especially our citizens that are not involved, or only periphally involved in the drug trade.  Relative to other plazas, the infrequent killings in southern Sinaloa have to our understanding and belief involved drug peddlers and police in the employ of a plaza bosses involved in short plaza struggles that occur occasionally.  This profound difference in how violence is excercised, and from what is happening in other areas of Mexico is no accident, and plaza bosses in Sinaloa understand that violating the traditional CDS rules (going back to Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo) is not a wise "career move"....perfect example is what happened to BLO after they behaved like Zs under the leadership of Arturo (his brother is much smarter but achieved too much organizational control and respect for El Chapos liking, but thats for another post).

For the reasons described above, the lower economic classes up to the more affluent in Sinaloa, southern Durango, and perhaps areas I've not lived have a culturally ingrained support for the Sinaloa Cartel.  I'm not implying that we are vocally or outwardly supportive, but my friends and I frequently discuss how many times we've been suprised to hear influential Sinaloans in business or government; and typcially after several Los Osunas and Pacificos, express moral support and even appreciation for the CDS management of Sinaloa and the economic stimulation generated through their export routes north.

Thugs have vicitimized all of the economic classes of Mexico where savage thuggery and barbaric murders have plagued plazas.  My friends in Torreon who are waiters and restaurant owners have suffered tremendously as a result of this, just as the dishwashers, and other hard working people struggling to support their families continue to do along the frontera and other plaza routes where the dirt bag idiots act without thinking....but again, this is another post.

Thank god for a little intelligence, order, and common sence as excercised by CDS.

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

roffasouth
But i heard that the beltran leyva cartel still has terrority in Nayarit, north sinaloa and sonora.(not sure about guerrero) I am not sure if they are on the brink of collapse. And buela hows the situation at the place where you live? Are there shootouts/executions there?

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

Guerro
They have cells here and there but beltran leyva are done. All they need to do is capture El H and the cartel is all finished. Look at the cartel when Arturo was running it to now. They lost all power and organization they once had. Now they have to resort to being the Zetas little bitches jaja

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

roffasouth
True, they lost power, i think that the beltrans are weakened but not destroyed yet. Who do you think who is behind the ambush in nayarit?

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

Guerro
The Beltrans were once the top dog, even bigger than CDS. If it wasnt for los Beltrans, Chapo would still be locked up behind bars. To give you an idea how much power they once had, they had the entire SIEDO under their pockets once. Thats how much power they had alone. They had eyes and hears on everyone, until they decided to declare war on el Chapo and the government by killing off top officials. Arturo just used to much cocaine to make any sound decisions. Which Nayarit ambush? You talking about where the Zetas got their ass kicked?

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

Havana
I thought it was BLO.

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

roffasouth
Yeah, in may we're 29 people got killed at ruiz nayarit. I heard this, the zetas captured some sinaloa cartel members and they escorted them, but the sinaloa cartel set up a ambush and killed them.

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

Guerro
Yeah they were Zetas because most of the guys killed were from Veracruz, Tamaulipas and some CA which the Zetas are known for recruiting. I read somewhere, that the guys that the Zetas had kidnapped were about to execute them when the ambushed occurred. Its some crazy stuff. But im glad the Zetas got their asses kicked and keep getting kicked haha.

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

roffasouth
Hehe yes, looks like a movie. Yeah it was a succesfull ambush. But they we're just low ranked zetas and are easily replaced... Do you live in guererro?

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

Guerro
Yes they were easily replaceable jaja. No, im from Mtty.

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

dario
Have to disagree about CDS on top. They're too loose knit and disorganized to flex their influence to the limit. They can't even take the Juarez plaza. Why didn't they take the Tijuana plaza either? If Sinaloa's assets were managed with the Z's structure and aggression then Linea would already be gone.

CDS is a looser network of people working in mutual interest. Like a school of fish it sometimes swims in the same direction.

CDS has the government on their side and they are still beefing over plazas with remnants of has been organizations.

The Z will come out on top. It is too ruthless. They will push CDG to the limit, fracture it, and pick up the pieces after the infighting.

Re: Most powerfull Cartel

dario
Guerro wrote
The Beltrans were once the top dog, even bigger than CDS. If it wasnt for los Beltrans, Chapo would still be locked up behind bars. To give you an idea how much power they once had, they had the entire SIEDO under their pockets once. Thats how much power they had alone. They had eyes and hears on everyone, until they decided to declare war on el Chapo and the government by killing off top officials. Arturo just used to much cocaine to make any sound decisions. Which Nayarit ambush? You talking about where the Zetas got their ass kicked?
And before then the Juarez cartel was on top under Amado. In terms of influence, power, money, or product moved he's at the all time top. His fleet of 727s did it on a scale they can't do today. He also had everyone on the payroll. Within a week of his death they seized $10 billion in his bank accounts.
12